Keith Thomas Impact

• 182 replies

bk8664

Re: Keith Thomas Impact
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2014, 09:13:29 PM »
Not that he is a replacement for Thomas at present but could the "Late" recruiting of Amar been a result of the potentiality of irregularities with respect to Keith's records.  While Amar will not get all of Keith's projected minutes but maybe he goes from 4mpg to 15mpg and ADR goes from 5 to 14 and Joey goes from 2 to 6.  Must do a novena for CO to remain healthy, strong and foul free as he will get as many minutes as he can handle

I think Amar will need to be a PF. Thankfully, he's a much bigger dude than I thought. He might not board like Thomas, but he'll score more than him.

That's also what I was thinking (and hoping).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:13:48 PM by bk8664 »

« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2014, 11:14:32 AM »
Not that he is a replacement for Thomas at present but could the "Late" recruiting of Amar been a result of the potentiality of irregularities with respect to Keith's records.  While Amar will not get all of Keith's projected minutes but maybe he goes from 4mpg to 15mpg and ADR goes from 5 to 14 and Joey goes from 2 to 6.  Must do a novena for CO to remain healthy, strong and foul free as he will get as many minutes as he can handle

I think Amar will need to be a PF. Thankfully, he's a much bigger dude than I thought. He might not board like Thomas, but he'll score more than him.

Write this down:  Amar will get Bourgault minutes.   

« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2014, 12:00:30 PM »
Amare would be a great addition.  As long as he remains healthy he will dominate.  I thought he would have been buried on the bench. Good thing he went straight to the league so he has 1 year of eligibility left.

« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »
www.lohud.com/story/news/local/2014/10/31/wcc-transcript-fraud-rocks-squeaky-clean-college/18288577/

One look at the transcripts of Westchester Community College basketball stars Keith Thomas and Giovanni McLean was enough to convince a top assistant coach at a Northeast Division I program that they were off his recruiting list.

"I knew the transcripts were fake the minute I saw them," he said, citing higher-than-expected GPAs, mixed-up semesters and heavy course loads. "I've done this a long time. I've seen thousands of transcripts."

The assistant coach who did question the WCC transcripts said he didn't buy that Thomas had a 3.5 GPA while carrying a 21-credit course load. Junior college transfer students must have a 2.5 grade point average and average 12 hours of class credits per semester to be NCAA eligible. He was also suspicious, he said, when the semesters were listed in the wrong order.

"A registrar's office would never send a transcript with the wrong chronological year," he said. "I've never felt like that seeing a transcript before, and I told my boss we are no longer recruiting these guys."

« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2014, 06:35:57 PM »
Bad job by everyone on this one.

« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2014, 06:59:52 PM »
Inexcusable job by the coaching staff with this. Yes every school takes risks and rules are bent but this was beyond reckless when recruiting a player at a position that we really needed.  If we were deep everywhere and wanted to roll the dice on a kid thats one thing, but this is bad.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

ras

« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2014, 09:47:28 PM »
Gotta agree w you. ADR should be a redshirt candidate ,but can't because of our lack of depth and Amar will probably be a good 4 year player. We desperately needed a BE calibre big. Lavin  gambled w Thomas and lost.Looking at the past recruiting class relative to our needs, I call it unsatisfactory.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:48:40 PM by ras »

paultzman

« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2014, 05:56:49 PM »
@LeeHiggins: Quinnipiac guard Giovanni McLean ruled ineligible as NCAA reviews transcript fraud - Q30 Television http://t.co/cBAxGpwUPL

Marillac

« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »

We don't have the luxury.

« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2014, 08:21:32 PM »

He didn't strike me as a liability on either side of the ball in his limited minutes against the DII team, especially considering this was his first ever college game. Anyone think otherwise? I think we'll need a bigger sample to see if he will help or hurt on the court.

Poison

« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2014, 10:06:37 PM »

Who pray tell will be playing the 4?

Marillac

« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2014, 10:31:55 PM »

He didn't strike me as a liability on either side of the ball in his limited minutes against the DII team, especially considering this was his first ever college game. Anyone think otherwise? I think we'll need a bigger sample to see if he will help or hurt on the court.

As someone that was expecting absolutely nothing, I was pleasantly surprised with his size, hustle, and willingness to stay near the basket.  I thought for sure he'd be living on the three point line.

The only player capable of giving us + minutes at the four is Dom due to his length, athleticism, and experience.  If Amar can just hold his own and nothing more, that will be a huge boost.  All our front court has to do is play even with the opponent and we will be in great shape.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:32:29 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #152 on: November 05, 2014, 10:59:32 PM »
I think Jones has to give us minutes there.

« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2014, 12:51:11 AM »

He didn't strike me as a liability on either side of the ball in his limited minutes against the DII team,   Anyone think otherwise? 

Yes.  He looked petrified when he had the ball.  Afraid to take a dribble.  Hopefully just opening day jitters.

« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2014, 02:48:17 AM »
Put the 5 best players on the floor, regardless of position

« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2014, 06:46:38 AM »

Not a hard concept
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

pmg911

« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2014, 07:44:22 AM »

Great in theory but just not possible....

« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2014, 10:41:37 AM »
Where is Keith and is Saint John's helping him. Are did they just cut ties?

Tha Kid

« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2014, 10:47:41 AM »

That may work in CYO but when height and size becomes important to things like rebounding, not so much.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2014, 12:45:07 PM »
Seems like the St. John's staff had to have known Thomas' transcript was fake and was just hoping not to get caught.