Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S

• 835 replies

redslope

Re: Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S
« Reply #560 on: September 29, 2015, 09:55:05 PM »
Wonderful to see that Chris "closed the deal"; this can only help him feel more confidence in the one part of the job that is truly new to him.   

« Reply #561 on: September 29, 2015, 09:55:41 PM »
Fantastic news!!!!

« Reply #562 on: September 30, 2015, 02:11:19 AM »
@ShamorieP: Sorry for the wait. St John's Commit⚫️⚪️🔴 http://t.co/10mPssE4Xv
Guess Shamorie heard about all the gnashing of teeth on the St. John's boards.

cjfish

« Reply #564 on: September 30, 2015, 07:07:52 AM »
@mabde33 1m
Just jumped up and down as people looked at me weird at my hotel in Prague. Great day for St John's & NYC #sjubb

is the German kid currently in Prague..?
No

Wonder why Matt is in Prague then...    isn't it a live period in the US right now..?

Probably in  Prague because it is one of the most beautiful places on earth....with his work ethic I am thinking he may look at a few kids in the area

paultzman

« Reply #565 on: September 30, 2015, 07:48:31 AM »
@mabde33 1m
Just jumped up and down as people looked at me weird at my hotel in Prague. Great day for St John's & NYC #sjubb

is the German kid currently in Prague..?
No

Wonder why Matt is in Prague then...    isn't it a live period in the US right now..?

Probably in  Prague because it is one of the most beautiful places on earth....with his work ethic I am thinking he may look at a few kids in the area
He is visiting several basketball academies prior to going to Munich to see Freudenberg.

« Reply #566 on: September 30, 2015, 08:32:23 AM »
Welcome Aboard

derk

« Reply #567 on: September 30, 2015, 08:42:44 AM »
@ShamorieP: Sorry for the wait. St John's Commit⚫️⚪️🔴 http://t.co/10mPssE4Xv

Welcome Shamorie. As a fellow Brooklynite I say good luck with the Tommy Jeffs on your way to the city championship. We will all be following you this year.

« Reply #568 on: September 30, 2015, 10:57:49 AM »
“It is a dream come true,” Ponds said. “I’m going to be playing in Madison Square Garden and I’m going to do my best to make my parents proud and make the Garden my home.”
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #569 on: September 30, 2015, 11:11:19 AM »
Perhaps visiting Amar's cousin as well?

paultzman

« Reply #570 on: September 30, 2015, 11:20:56 AM »
Perhaps visiting Amar's cousin as well?

lives in Chicago

Wods317

« Reply #571 on: September 30, 2015, 11:28:10 AM »
This is an unbelievable get for the program. College basketball is a guards game and we now have 3 very good your guards who can play the one and the two. Add in the other pieces we have and that Alkins, Ahmed and others are still on the board and the future is looking brighter then it has in a long time. Lavin got highly rated recruits but I really like the mix of guys Chris and the staff are bringing in. This year is going to be fun but next we are going to be dangerous.

sju89tr

« Reply #572 on: September 30, 2015, 11:53:24 AM »
The staff is building a program. That is what we need and have needed for a long time. 

« Reply #573 on: September 30, 2015, 12:14:31 PM »
This is an unbelievable get for the program. College basketball is a guards game and we now have 3 very good your guards who can play the one and the two. Add in the other pieces we have and that Alkins, Ahmed and others are still on the board and the future is looking brighter then it has in a long time. Lavin got highly rated recruits but I really like the mix of guys Chris and the staff are bringing in. This year is going to be fun but next we are going to be dangerous.

i think we should temper expectation for more guards.  with 3 already on the team, plus Ponds, I find it difficult to imagine we are going to get more.

Wods317

« Reply #574 on: September 30, 2015, 12:28:05 PM »

i think we should temper expectation for more guards.  with 3 already on the team, plus Ponds, I find it difficult to imagine we are going to get more.

I mentioned one guard and he's a top 10 players in his class. Ahmed is a wing and we are going to pass up Alkins if he wants to come? No shot. I don't think we get Alkins but if he wants in he is in obviously.

paultzman

« Reply #576 on: October 08, 2015, 12:13:29 PM »
@CNG_Staszewski: First of two columns on Ponds commitment - JOE KNOWS: Ponds a fitting local face for St. John's http://t.co/b7nGOJI8MU #sjubb

« Reply #578 on: November 10, 2015, 06:18:12 PM »
Does anybody know if ponds is going to sign this week

« Reply #579 on: November 10, 2015, 06:19:06 PM »
And do you expect anybody else to sign during this period.