Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies
Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #700 on: February 10, 2016, 05:42:44 PM »
More than a few heavily respected names and contributors to this site are suggesting we should be going in another direction regarding Alkins. Is this true?  Should Slice and Matty A pack up the tents and move on to the rebounder/back court depth we may be needing? Or, should we stay the course and hang in there with Alkins?

goredmen

« Reply #701 on: February 10, 2016, 06:02:41 PM »
More than a few heavily respected names and contributors to this site are suggesting we should be going in another direction regarding Alkins. Is this true?  Should Slice and Matty A pack up the tents and move on to the rebounder/back court depth we may be needing? Or, should we stay the course and hang in there with Alkins?

I don't know anything of the situation but I trust Matt and Slice will make the right decision regarding this. They won't waste their time on him if he's not interested in coming and/or they think he won't qualify

« Reply #702 on: February 10, 2016, 06:20:59 PM »
Paultzman - so you think they will sign adkins or maker

The staff tries so hard but do you see this staff have ever be able to convince a top ten recruit to commit to SJU

Moose

« Reply #703 on: February 10, 2016, 06:26:23 PM »
Maybe certain staff members shouldn't be feeding him practically everything he puts out there.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #704 on: February 10, 2016, 06:37:56 PM »

I don't know anything of the situation but I trust Matt and Slice will make the right decision regarding this. They won't waste their time on him if he's not interested in coming and/or they think he won't qualify

Thank you sir

« Reply #705 on: February 10, 2016, 07:05:41 PM »

Kinda like the last staff did

paultzman

« Reply #706 on: February 10, 2016, 07:27:29 PM »
Maybe certain staff members shouldn't be feeding him practically everything he puts out there.
+1

paultzman

« Reply #707 on: February 10, 2016, 07:31:00 PM »

True

« Reply #708 on: February 11, 2016, 06:13:46 PM »
What went wrong with this recruit everything seem so positive after his official
Now we have no chance with Adkins

They stop because of him not qualifying
Everybody knows if Adkins goes to Arizona and UNC the NCAA will look the other way.

But if he decided on SJU the NCAA will look at all his transcripts from 1st grade.

I just cant believe all the time and if they spent they just gave up
Do you think this staff will ever get a top ten recruit to committ

NYCoffey

« Reply #709 on: February 11, 2016, 06:50:21 PM »
Alkins

« Reply #710 on: February 11, 2016, 08:23:27 PM »
Maybe if Adkins goes to Arizona we will have a better shot for Alkins.

« Reply #711 on: February 11, 2016, 09:42:09 PM »
Maybe if Adkins goes to Arizona we will have a better shot for Alkins.
Young man you can have a bright future around here

Poison

« Reply #712 on: February 11, 2016, 10:13:44 PM »

Maybe it's best for us to say that Matt and Slice don't know who will qualify.

« Reply #713 on: February 11, 2016, 10:22:13 PM »
I don't think we gave up. I think he didn't like being booed after his poor performance when he came home. I think he liked the idea of coming home and being a legend..at first. I think he thinks zach screwed him up on twitter cause now his situation is out on social media and has been talked about to the point where NCAA has to investigate. I think he now thinks he has a better shot at qualifying at a bigger, more established current program and he now may wuss out on the chance of becoming a true king of NY.

« Reply #714 on: February 11, 2016, 10:35:44 PM »

Do you think this staff will ever get a top ten recruit to committ

Never...we should all root for Kentucky...

« Reply #715 on: February 12, 2016, 09:44:32 AM »

Maybe rumors are being spread so some schools back off

Tha Kid

« Reply #716 on: February 12, 2016, 09:57:50 AM »

Maybe rumors are being spread so some schools back off

Now THAT would be amazing and a f'ing genius tactic.
"I drink and I know things"

Foad

« Reply #717 on: February 12, 2016, 10:32:11 AM »
  I'll come up from Florida if he signs a waiver

Waivers are totally gangster.

« Reply #718 on: February 12, 2016, 10:40:42 AM »
I guess Dave was right

MCNPA

« Reply #719 on: February 12, 2016, 03:48:15 PM »
It's not just Braziler.  Others have been leery about Rawle's recruitment on these boards and others.  I'm perfectly comfortable moving past him, and grabbing a 5 th year guy or whatever we need.  We already have a great recruiting class.  We don't need a circus here.  I'm confident that Mullin, Slice and Matt know as much as they need to, to make an informed decision on the direction to take, regardless of whether this stuff is rumor or not.