Transfer wish list

• 411 replies
Transfer wish list
« on: March 22, 2017, 05:57:23 PM »
So I have no factual or even hearsay evidence that these guys would be leaving but just trying to guess maybe some names who might transfer and also have some fun on the board besides coach talk.

Charlie Moore- Cal - Played with LoVett, new coach which is always a possible exit card. Did get a lot of min + shots.

Curtis Jones - Indiana - Long time love for this kid. Have known him since 6th grade and he's always been silky smooth guard. Would really benefit from a sit out bulk up year

Mark Vital - Baylor - Not really sure if he redshirted, wasn't cleared, or what but this kid is a freak.

Kobe Simmons - Arizona - Fell out of favor there at the end of the year. He's a ridiculous talent.

Dejon Jarreau - UMass - Was a massive coupe for the minutemen but maybe he wants to play on bigger stage?

Deandre Hunter - UVA - Redshirted there. Maybe he's getting homesick.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
Re: Transfer wish list
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 06:38:51 PM »
With Gottfried being out at NC State is Maverick Rowan a possibility or has that ship sailed?

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 06:41:06 PM »
With Gottfried being out at NC State is Maverick Rowan a possibility or has that ship sailed?

Add him to the list. These are all hypotheticals so why not.

goredmen

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 06:45:23 PM »
UVA has lost a few guys already, so your UVA guy might be looking at decent PT there next season

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:08:11 PM »
Austin Nichols

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 07:10:15 PM »
Austin Nichols

Signed with agent and going into the draft.

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 07:24:19 PM »

Tiger

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 06:56:59 AM »
I'm hoping for some guy who is immediately eligible rather than a guy who has to sit a year.  If a guy can't help us next year, then there will be less improvement in the SJU Basketball profile, making SJU a less inviting landing spot for 2018 kids.  If the program profile still has a few warts, the 4* kids will sign elsewhere and SJU will end up filling roster spots with 3* kids or more transfers, making 2019 the big recruiting year.  Then the critics will start dissing the coach's skills, leading to speculation that the coach will leave, leading SJU towards a DePaul death spiral.

paultzman

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 07:20:20 AM »
I'm hoping for some guy who is immediately eligible rather than a guy who has to sit a year.  If a guy can't help us next year, then there will be less improvement in the SJU Basketball profile, making SJU a less inviting landing spot for 2018 kids.  If the program profile still has a few warts, the 4* kids will sign elsewhere and SJU will end up filling roster spots with 3* kids or more transfers, making 2019 the big recruiting year.  Then the critics will start dissing the coach's skills, leading to speculation that the coach will leave, leading SJU towards a DePaul death spiral.

I sense you could see both.

hnk

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 07:40:45 AM »
Are any of these guys 8 or 9 a game rebounders ,who can catch a Lovett pass and dunk or make a put back and play decent defense?

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 08:40:49 AM »

I sense you could see both.

Would be great and help us prepare for any departures following next season.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 09:18:50 AM »
Charlie Moore, Brandon Sampson & Antonio Blakeney, Samir Doughty,  C.J Bryce (UNCW)
Section 3
Section 116

Poison

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 09:41:08 AM »
Charlie Moore, Brandon Sampson & Antonio Blakeney, Samir Doughty,  C.J Bryce (UNCW)

Doughty definitely, but could Brandon Sampson even play here?

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 09:55:27 AM »

He already sat out. Why would he transfer?

Wods317

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 09:59:44 AM »

Stats last year were solid for a sophmore. 12 ppg, 47% FG pct, 34% from 3, 78% from the line. I would take him for sure.

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 10:22:04 AM »

Why?

Doughty signed an NLI, so not sure he could transfer back to a BE school although if he was academically ineligible the NLI becomes Null and Void.

Sampson never signed so there are no issues with him.

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 10:37:06 AM »
I think the Sampson ship has sailed regardless. I'm really surprised LSU was that bad. Mays, Blakeney, Sampson is a pretty dynamic backcourt.

goredmen

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 10:41:29 AM »
I think the Sampson ship has sailed regardless. I'm really surprised LSU was that bad. Mays, Blakeney, Sampson is a pretty dynamic backcourt.

They had the best player in college basketball in 15-16 and a decent roster around him and didn't sniff the tournament. Them being terrible again with Johnny Jones this season shouldn't have surprised you

Poison

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 10:49:30 AM »
I think we should add two grad transfer big men and a freshman or transfer big, if possible. If a guard leaves, that changes things, but I expect a couple of players to hit the road after realizing that they in over their heads in this conference.

Perhaps someone like Amar Alibegovic will transfer down to a less conference? You know, the ACC. In all seriousness, he's a D2 player, and would be wise to play at his own level so he can get on the floor. Ellison is another that I wonder about. He could be great one day, but now he's a mess.

Johnny23

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 11:11:41 AM »
Need bigs and more bigs. Guys who can rebound and bang.  Guards are a luxury for this team right now.