Transfer wish list

• 411 replies

paultzman

Re: Transfer wish list
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2017, 02:29:13 PM »
Per Zags

Seton Hall offered Quinnipiac transfer  Peter Kiss and he plans to visit within the next coming weeks, per his mentor.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:30:30 PM by paultzman »

MCNPA

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2017, 03:02:41 PM »
Per Zags

Seton Hall offered Quinnipiac transfer  Peter Kiss and he plans to visit within the next coming weeks, per his mentor.

I guess the 19 points he dropped on them this season convinced them. 

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2017, 03:08:37 PM »
Per Zags

Poor Matt has some competition

Tha Kid

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2017, 03:32:22 PM »
Looks like we are targeting both Kiss and Dixon from Quinnipiac
Both Freshman and both leading scorers for a 10 win team last season.

I'm guessing the allure of playing together again will be strong

Guess we aren't comfortable in that 18 class

I thought we weren't supposed to save scholarships, we were supposed to recruit over guys like big boy programs do. No more?

So you consider "recruiting over" from a team that finished 8th in the MAAC?

Last week in the Matt A thread you were asked where scholarships were going to come from. You said "You recruit over players, like big boy programs do". Now you are worried that we won't have any scholarships left for 2018. Ok.

Matt is going out and trying to get all the talent that he can and the scholarship stuff will work itself out when the time comes. We are going to have at least 3 players transfer from the team this offseason. That is not an anomaly. That is now the norm in college basketball. If these kids from Quinnipiac will help, make room and bring them in, which is what the staff is doing. The same will happen with 2018 recruits.

The problem is, is that the kids from Quinnipiac will make the team better.

Yeah, picking up solid transfers from low majors is a terrible idea. It's not like the only elite 8 team from our conference had a transfer from Florida A&M and a transfer from Norfolk St contribute this year. Oh wait...

I am siding with Bluto on this one. My friend sat the bench for Quinnipiac and I would not have wanted him to play for ST John's. I have to think that Williams, Amar and especially Ellison would be Quinnipiac's best players.
I have no problem "trimming the fat" but not if you are just going to bring in more fat.

I'm with baldi and wasju.  Two recruits from quinnipiac would be extremely disappointing. 
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2017, 03:37:37 PM »
Per Zags

Still beating this drum, I see.

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2017, 03:40:13 PM »

I thought we weren't supposed to save scholarships, we were supposed to recruit over guys like big boy programs do. No more?

Last week in the Matt A thread you were asked where scholarships were going to come from. You said "You recruit over players, like big boy programs do". Now you are worried that we won't have any scholarships left for 2018. Ok.

Matt is going out and trying to get all the talent that he can and the scholarship stuff will work itself out when the time comes. We are going to have at least 3 players transfer from the team this offseason. That is not an anomaly. That is now the norm in college basketball. If these kids from Quinnipiac will help, make room and bring them in, which is what the staff is doing. The same will happen with 2018 recruits.

Yeah, picking up solid transfers from low majors is a terrible idea. It's not like the only elite 8 team from our conference had a transfer from Florida A&M and a transfer from Norfolk St contribute this year. Oh wait...

I am siding with Bluto on this one. My friend sat the bench for Quinnipiac and I would not have wanted him to play for ST John's. I have to think that Williams, Amar and especially Ellison would be Quinnipiac's best players.
I have no problem "trimming the fat" but not if you are just going to bring in more fat.

I'm with baldi and wasju.  Two recruits from quinnipiac would be extremely disappointing.

Until they go to Seton Hall and are key players in beating us 2x a year
12 & 6 and 17 & 5...numbers off the bench that a player put up this year against us who transferred from a shitty team whos coach got fired.

Any guesses whom?

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2017, 03:41:31 PM »
Per Zags

Still beating this drum, I see.

Lets.get some recruits

« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2017, 03:49:03 PM »

Until they go to Seton Hall and are key players in beating us 2x a year
12 & 6 and 17 & 5...numbers off the bench that a player put up this year against us who transferred from a shitty team whos coach got fired.

Any guesses whom?
I wouldn't put much stock on what players did against our defense.
Divincenzo is going to be really good but he looked like Jerry West against us.

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2017, 03:56:43 PM »

Fair. Put up 19 and 6 against Creighton though. 12 and 6 at Providence.

I'm just saying I think taking kids from low majors who can score and have them coming off your bench can make a team better.
I dont know what the issue is for players who are young and put up 15+ PPG backing up our two studs (Lovett and Ponds) I dont think any transfers from Kentucky, Arizona, Duke, etc. that some of you would prefer would leave those teams because of lack of playing time just to come to Queens and be backups.

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2017, 04:00:44 PM »

I'm just saying I think taking kids from low majors who can score and have them coming off your bench can make a team better.
I dont know what the issue is for players who are young and put up 15+ PPG backing up our two studs (Lovett and Ponds) I dont think any transfers from Kentucky, Arizona, Duke, etc. that some of you would prefer would leave those teams because of lack of playing time just to come to Queens and be backups.

Again just saying would not throw Matt a ticker tape for getting two fifths of the Quinnipiac basketball starting 5.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 04:03:02 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2017, 04:07:57 PM »

So you think both Lovett and Ponds back for 2018?

« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2017, 04:13:41 PM »

i do actually. Think Ponds hangs around until his Junior year at the least. Think we'll play this will he stay/will he go game with Lovett a few more times as well but I think he'll also stick around.

DeAngelo Harrison was supposed to leave every single offseason but he came back year after year, became one of the best scorers in school history and has the St Johns logo tattooed on his body.

But we are consistently targeting guards so maybe the staff has more knowledge about the future of those two that I dont.

Moose

« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2017, 04:14:06 PM »
Per Zags

Can everyone tell who their mentor was growing up?
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2017, 04:15:01 PM »

i do actually. Think Ponds hangs around until his Junior year at the least. Think we'll play this will he stay/will he go game with Lovett a few more times as well but I think he'll also stick around.

DeAngelo Harrison was supposed to leave every single offseason but he came back year after year, became one of the best scorers in school history and has the St Johns logo tattooed on his body.

But we are consistently targeting guards so maybe the staff has more knowledge about the future of those two that I dont.

Would be shocked if LoVett returns in 18.

« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2017, 04:20:52 PM »
Per Zags

Hugh Hefner

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2017, 04:21:46 PM »
Per Zags

Hugh Hefner

Ron Jeremy

Foad

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2017, 04:30:56 PM »

I also agree with Baldi. As he says, the MAAC is a low level league and it's likely few MAAC players would thrive in a high D1 league like the BE. Hopefully we don't recruit too many players from mid majors like Quinnipiac and Iona.

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2017, 04:40:49 PM »

I also agree with Baldi. As he says, the MAAC is a low level league and it's likely few MAAC players would thrive in a high D1 league like the BE. Hopefully we don't recruit too many players from mid majors like Quinnipiac and Iona.

You know what. You're absolutely right, we should strive higher than players from shitty conferences like the MAAC

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2017, 04:43:57 PM »

No need to recruit too many players from mid majors when you can get them straight out of high school

« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2017, 04:44:02 PM »
Looking forward to hearing names that will visit which should be a good sign of who the top targets are