Bryan Trimble, SG, Kansas City, Ks. - ST. JOHN'S

• 162 replies
Re: Bryan Trimble, SG, Kansas City, Ks.
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2017, 12:09:17 PM »
Trimble is at the Garden with the team. Hopefully thats the nail in the coffin.

Im more excited about this kid than Keita. Im a sucker for athletic combo guards. I think he can really make an impact.

He's also what I consider as a power guard.

paultzman

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2017, 12:14:14 PM »

Im more excited about this kid than Keita. Im a sucker for athletic combo guards. I think he can really make an impact.

A little like that kid Beasley we recruited who went to FSU in physical respect. Going back a long way John Williamson of Old Nets comes to mind. Obviously those two made the League, so I better stop the comparison. :
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 12:15:06 PM by paultzman »

ras

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 12:21:00 PM »
Looks like a promising role player that would be a great fit at De Paul.
You have been making Baldi sound like a Pollyanna.

Baldi is right quite often. Take off the blinders. We should have had a roster loaded with upperclassmen. Now? We've got Ahmed, Alibegovic and Yakwe. Two out of three are the most clueless players in the conference. That's put a ton on Ahmed's shoulders.
I'm realistic. Mullin became a coach so late in the game his first year, plus Lavin left the cupboard bare. Couldn't expect much recruiting wise first year. Building a program takes time. I'm not saying we will be a perennial top 25 team. I hope so. Hard to recruit for a losing program .Also so many kids leave w the current college BB landscape. We will see, but, like the direction we are heading. hopefully w each year, our level of recruits will increase. It will be interesting to see how we do w the 18 class. Meanwhile, have to get a replacement for Mussini.  Will also Have Clark and Owens as redshirt upperclassmen
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:13:00 PM by ras »

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2017, 12:43:02 PM »
I have no idea what type of talent Trimble is.  If Marvin Clark and the staff like him, that is fine by me.  And judging by the competition for his initial commit, others agree that the kid is a nice prospect.

paultzman

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 12:56:33 PM »
I have no idea what type of talent Trimble is.  If Marvin Clark and the staff like him, that is fine by me.  And judging by the competition for his initial commit, others agree that the kid is a nice prospect.

From an outstanding AAU program too, where he got to practice with a number of elite kids.

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »

A little like that kid Beasley we recruited who went to FSU in physical respect. Going back a long way John Williamson of Old Nets comes to mind. Obviously those two made the League, so I better stop the comparison. :

Haha!  Yeah, you better be careful with the comparisons (although, you were only speaking from a physical aspect and not overall skill), as we know how that could end up (and how I feel about it). 

By the way, I remember Williamson at the tail end of his career.  He was called, "Soup," right?  His son (Maurice Williamson) played for LSU back in the late 80's-early 90's. 

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2017, 01:05:23 PM »
CM and staff have essentially turned the roster over in two years, not necessarily a bad thing since their first team went 1 and 17 in conference. 

Would have enjoyed Mussini in the role of designated shooter off the bench, but you can's blame him for fulfilling his professional aspirations back home instead of opting to be 4th guard here.  If Trimble signs on, we have our 4th guard, but can't expect a freshman to give us Mussini's numbers.  Still, he looks to be a BE body with BE athleticism and would be a welcome addition.

This roster is light years better than the one CM coached in his first year and should be significantly better than last year's improved squad.  You get better by adding better players as well as by improving returning talent.  LoVett and Ponds will be sophomores with a full year of BE play under their belts, Simon and Clark are legit and talented additions, Ahmed has had a year to figure out that what worked in JUCO doesn't work as well here, and Owens appears to be coming into his own as a versatile, athletic big.  If Yakwe can start the year an improved player and Wilson can contribute with his athleticism, this team can have a very good year.

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2017, 01:07:32 PM »

From an outstanding AAU program too, where he got to practice with a number of elite kids.

This could also be a good situation for Trimble, as he could come in and also practice against--and with--a top 2 or 3 conference backcourt.  He also won't be asked to do much and could possibly be a nice complement to our already existing backcourt.

paultzman

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2017, 01:31:34 PM »

Haha!  Yeah, you better be careful with the comparisons (although, you were only speaking from a physical aspect and not overall skill), as we know how that could end up (and how I feel about it). 

By the way, I remember Williamson at the tail end of his career.  He was called, "Soup," right?  His son (Maurice Williamson) played for LSU back in the late 80's-early 90's. 

That's right

derk

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »

Truck Bryant

Johnny23

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2017, 02:11:25 PM »

Truck Bryant

Minus the handle and a better athlete.

Foad

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2017, 02:46:07 PM »

That's right

Super.

paultzman

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »

That's right

Super.

Oops, right!

paultzman

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2017, 03:20:06 PM »

Zach Braziller @NYPost_Brazille

Federico Mussini is out, three-star guard Bryan Trimble might be in. Another busy spring day for St. John's: (link: http://nyp.st/2qTKrfH) nyp.st/2qTKrfH #sjubb

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2017, 03:36:31 PM »
So where does this leave us for Luther Muhammad? Assuming Lovett leaves after this season, and if this kid commits, we'd have Ponds, Simon, Dixon and now Trimble. Wouldn't that be a fit crowded to offer playing time to Muhammad?

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2017, 03:41:16 PM »
So where does this leave us for Luther Muhammad? Assuming Lovett leaves after this season, and if this kid commits, we'd have Ponds, Simon, Dixon and now Trimble. Wouldn't that be a fit crowded to offer playing time to Muhammad?

You have to be kidding right?

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2017, 05:59:20 PM »

Federico Mussini is out, three-star guard Bryan Trimble might be in. Another busy spring day for St. John's: (link: http://nyp.st/2qTKrfH) nyp.st/2qTKrfH #sjubb
Zach says Moose was universally liked. Should have added except by Foad, Fun, and we are sju.  :)  That said I''l take the trade for Trimble.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:00:38 PM by Celtics11 »

redslope

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2017, 06:01:28 PM »
Would love to see Bryan sign and come to second summer school session.  get a jump on things and get to know teammates. 

As to Luther--hopefully Chris's connection to the Alesi family brings some fruit as Chris Alesi is Ren's coach and fellow Xaverian HOFer like Mullin.

Moose

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2017, 06:39:40 PM »

Zach says Moose was universally liked. Should have added except by Foad, Fun, and we are sju.  :)  That said I''l take the trade for Trimble.

I am definitely not universally liked

Only reason I'm happy he's gone is now when I see my name on the forums I know it's about me and only me.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2017, 08:52:32 PM »

You have to be kidding right?

Why am I kidding? Recruits like immediate playing time offered. Not saying Luther wouldn't immediately start if he came here, but it gets sticky. Especially because you're now looking to sign players who you're already looking to recruit over?