Sloan Seymour , SF, Albany (NY Rens AAU)

• 9 replies

wpc77

Sloan Seymour , SF, Albany (NY Rens AAU)
« on: July 21, 2017, 07:25:23 PM »
Via Pat Lawless on twitter: Sloan Seymour, a class of 2018 forward playing for the NY Rens, has picked up an offer from St. John's.

ME: best offers to date appear to be Rutgers and Rhody. Interesting timing....given who his aau teammates are...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:28:46 PM by wpc77 »

Re: Sloan Seymour , SF, Albany (NY Rens AAU)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 09:18:16 PM »
Not best player on his HS team. Think this is a stretch.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

wpc77

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 09:34:09 PM »
Not best player on his HS team. Think this is a stretch.

If he's the Chudney Gray to Luther's Erik Barkley, with Diakite as Reggie Jessie, then it's all good.  Problem is there's no Ron Artest.

pmg911

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 12:36:00 PM »
Nice stroke but will he be able to defend anyone..?

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 04:24:45 PM »
Nice stroke but will he be able to defend anyone..?
Maybe if he becomes an attorney.  :)

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 10:14:09 PM »
https://stjohns.rivals.com/news/upstate-ny-forward-picks-up-st-john-s-offer

St. John’s joins an impressive list of schools recruiting him including Texas, TCU, Ole Miss, South Florida and UMass to name a few.

With St. John’s being right in his backyard, expect that location to have an advantage as well as the name. “No matter where I live, they would still be one of my top choices because It’s St. John’s. They have a lot of history in the program,” he said. “It’s always been a basketball school. Coach Mullin is a HOF coach and his game is similar to mine. He can shoot it as well. I think their style of play fits me well.”

Seymour, who recently visited South Florida, hasn’t figured out his visit plans with St. John’s as of yet. However, he does plan on taking in campus around August or September.

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 10:16:19 AM »
Sounds very good for us and a good fit. I know he's not highly ranked but I love how our staff is putting priority on shooting. That hasn't always been the case over the last 2 decades. Also he's from the same area as Joe Girard...so perhaps that helps there too.

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 08:11:02 PM »
Pat Lawless:

Sloan Seymour, a class of 2018 forward from Shaker HS (NY)/@NYRhoops, has picked up an offer from Pittsburgh.