Corruption Probe in the Recruiting Ranks

• 189 replies

Poison

Re: Corruption Probe in the Recruiting Ranks
« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2017, 08:54:38 AM »
That's fair, but Mullin so far has had less success in every aspect of the game than Lavin did. We are all aware that he had better talent at UCLA, but was it really that good? I count one NBA all star. Gadzuric was a beast in high school, but in college, not so much.

13 first and second round picks is 10 years is pretty good talent.

PS Talk about wikipedia bias, coach Lav's article only mentions cancer eight times and Cap's death twice. To be fair those events should be much more prominent.

I see. So Lavin got kids drafted that had no business being drafted.

So your position is that Coachlavs was an awful lazy recruiter at UCLA, just as he was at SJ, recruiting as he did kids who had no business being drafted at a program that had been up to then an NBA factory.

Nice try, but you clearly lost this one. Lavin got these kids drafted. No different than Boeheim, who routinely put kids in the league, even if just for a cup of coffee. And just like Mullin got his recruits drafted, should that ever actually happen one day.

Foad

« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2017, 10:16:15 AM »
That's fair, but Mullin so far has had less success in every aspect of the game than Lavin did. We are all aware that he had better talent at UCLA, but was it really that good? I count one NBA all star. Gadzuric was a beast in high school, but in college, not so much.

PS Talk about wikipedia bias, coach Lav's article only mentions cancer eight times and Cap's death twice. To be fair those events should be much more prominent.

So your position is that Coachlavs was an awful lazy recruiter at UCLA, just as he was at SJ, recruiting as he did kids who had no business being drafted at a program that had been up to then an NBA factory.

Nice try, but you clearly lost this one. Lavin got these kids drafted.

Yes, you certainly won the internets today. Congratulations. After you're done celebrating, can you explain why Lavin's players at UCLA "had no business being drafted?" Jason Kapono was all PAC 10 four years in a row. Toby Bailey was all PAC 10 three years in a row. Charles O'bannon was all PAC 10 first team for two years in a row. Can you explain why they "had no business being drafted?"  Are these players who were all first team PAC 10 players for multiple years examples of the sort of player that cause you to wonder if they were "really that good?"

Poison

« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2017, 01:11:07 PM »

Yes, you certainly won the internets today. Congratulations. After you're done celebrating, can you explain why Lavin's players at UCLA "had no business being drafted?" Jason Kapono was all PAC 10 four years in a row. Toby Bailey was all PAC 10 three years in a row. Charles O'bannon was all PAC 10 first team for two years in a row. Can you explain why they "had no business being drafted?"  Are these players who were all first team PAC 10 players for multiple years examples of the sort of player that cause you to wonder if they were "really that good?"

Because they didn't have an NBA game, yet after playing for Lavin, Kapono was an NBA draft pick, and even made some money, which is kinda the point for the player is it not?

Foad

« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2017, 03:18:33 PM »

Because they didn't have an NBA game, yet after playing for Lavin, Kapono was an NBA draft pick, and even made some money, which is kinda the point for the player is it not?

Was his leading the NBA in three point percentage two years in a row what indicated to you that Kapono didn't have an NBA game? How did he last in the league for ten years if he didn't have an NBA game? If he didn't have an NBA game why did the 76ers and Raptors pay him 6 million dollars a year to play in the NBA?

« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2017, 05:20:56 PM »
Someone keeps calling Francessa a s saying St Johns should hire Pitino

paultzman

« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2017, 05:23:19 PM »

Slice

« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2017, 05:39:04 PM »

Slice

Scheppy

« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2017, 11:41:03 AM »
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:41:22 AM by Howie71 »

goredmen

« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2017, 03:07:22 PM »
Dennis Dodd  4h4 hours ago
Filed to CBS Sports: One of the coaches impacted the most in the FBI investigation sits in a studio and doesn't coach basketball.

Uhhh......

Tha Kid

« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2017, 03:23:21 PM »
Filed to CBS Sports: One of the coaches impacted the most in the FBI investigation sits in a studio and doesn't coach basketball.

Uhhh......

LAME.  This was just a plug for his article on Chip Kelly he posted shortly after that tweet.  Really lame.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:27:05 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

goredmen

« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2017, 03:34:30 PM »

Uhhh......

LAME.  This was just a plug for his article on Chip Kelly he posted shortly after that tweet.  Really lame.

It appears you are right. What a shitty move by Dodd

Marillac

« Reply #174 on: October 18, 2017, 12:13:54 AM »
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-jacobs-column-aac-jake-1017-20171016-column.html

"Auriemma said he recently talked to a men's coach who recounted that he had been encouraged to recruit a player who committed to another school. The player told the coach, yes, he was interested, but was told by his AAU coach to go to the other school.

Where did that player ending up going? To where his AAU coach told him to go."

Sid Wilson.

Johnny23

« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2017, 08:06:17 AM »
Well if we hired Pitino I have no doubt that he would turn us into a contender. However I also have no doubt that this program would be tarnished by the time he left.

Moose

« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2017, 08:16:27 PM »
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-jacobs-column-aac-jake-1017-20171016-column.html

"Auriemma said he recently talked to a men's coach who recounted that he had been encouraged to recruit a player who committed to another school. The player told the coach, yes, he was interested, but was told by his AAU coach to go to the other school.

Where did that player ending up going? To where his AAU coach told him to go."

Sid Wilson.

Who is Sid's AAU coach. I like him.
Remember who broke the Slice news

goredmen

« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2017, 11:22:49 PM »
Quinerly just decommitted from Arizona. I'm guessing it's about to hit the fan over there

redslope

« Reply #179 on: October 26, 2017, 10:51:53 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/10/26/rick-pitino-says-louisville-outsiders-killed-dreams-killed-one-top-recruiting-classes-history/
I guess the hookers from a few years ago were insiders since they were from Louisville--What a hypocrite he is.  He should just shut up and fad away on his millions.