If Lovett misses rest of season or significant time......

• 122 replies

hnk

Re: If Lovett misses rest of season or significant time......
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2018, 03:22:57 PM »
Lovett doesn't owe us anything. Not a thing.  We don't owe him anything.  What does he owe his teammates and his program?

Poison

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2018, 03:29:00 PM »
Lovett doesn't owe us anything. Not a thing.  We don't owe him anything.  What does he owe his teammates and his program?

I think we owe him a full roster of players.

hnk

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2018, 03:36:58 PM »
So, he's not playing because we don't have a full roster?   it will be full next year and we'll see if he plays then.

Marillac

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2018, 03:43:56 PM »
F*ck Lovett. Ready to move on from him permanently. 

What does Marcus LoVett owe you? If he’s hurt, he shouldn’t be out there. He’s got his livihood to consider.
What does Mullin owe you? What a stupid thing to ask on a fan forum. If I was a better adjusted human being with my priorities in order I wouldn't care what a bunch of college kids did at all. But I chose to watch a dying program on channel 9 growing up and placed too much of an emphasis on sports growing up and now I'm here with you discussing some wussy's knee injury.  Happy f*cking New Year.

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2018, 04:19:04 PM »
I couldn't help but laugh at your answer Marillac, because everyone on this site
could probably identify with some part of what you said.

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »

What does Marcus LoVett owe you? If he’s hurt, he shouldn’t be out there. He’s got his livihood to consider.
What does Mullin owe you? What a stupid thing to ask on a fan forum. If I was a better adjusted human being with my priorities in order I wouldn't care what a bunch of college kids did at all. But I chose to watch a dying program on channel 9 growing up and placed too much of an emphasis on sports growing up and now I'm here with you discussing some wussy's knee injury.  Happy f*cking New Year.

Like why would you want him to play through an injury if it makes it worse and we can't have him later? This point of view is ridiculous.

Foad

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2018, 04:47:36 PM »
I chose to watch a dying program on channel 9 growing up and placed too much of an emphasis on sports growing up and now I'm here with you discussing some wussy's knee injury.  Happy f*cking New Year.

When it was on channel 9 the program was thriving. As was Romper Room. Romper, stomper, bomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic Mirror, tell me today, did all my friends have fun at play? I can see Marillac  and goredmen and marco baldi and celtic11 and hnk.  Do be a doobee and don't be a douche be. And now it's time for milk and cookies.

TONYD3

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2018, 05:33:52 PM »

Sadly agree. My brother missed out on St. John’s in the 80’s. He went to the university of Florida. Great college football, basketball, hot girls and no winter. Better to be a Tebow fan then a hater.

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2018, 05:35:16 PM »
Gotta love a forum that irrationally hates a kid for having a knee injury and not playing.

LoganK

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2018, 09:17:37 PM »
Gotta love a forum that irrationally hates a kid for having a knee injury and not playing.
+1

paultzman

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2018, 01:42:43 PM »
Per Zach B
Marcus LoVett (sprained knee) has been working out with trainers, but still not practicing. Remains day to day, per Chris Mullin. We'll see if he practices later today. #sjubb

Same old, same old

goredmen

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2018, 01:44:14 PM »
Per Zach B
Marcus LoVett (sprained knee) has been working out with trainers, but still not practicing. Remains day to day, per Chris Mullin. We'll see if he practices later today. #sjubb

Same old, same old

At this point, wouldn't be surprised if he's already played his last game here

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2018, 01:52:13 PM »
Per Zach B

Same old, same old

Suspect he comes back for MSG game v Georgetown. "Bright Lights" is nickname as I recall. :)

If he is hurt then everyone complaining about him not playing while sitting on their couch is pretty ridiculous. If something else is going on, then why continue the charade? Would think a guy of Mullin's staure would have little time for it. Especially since one more loss in BE and season is basically over.

paultzman

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2018, 02:00:17 PM »
Per Zach B

Same old, same old

Suspect he comes back for MSG game v Georgetown. "Bright Lights" is nickname as I recall. :)

If he is hurt then everyone complaining about him not playing while sitting on their couch is pretty ridiculous. If something else is going on, then why continue the charade? Would think a guy of Mullin's staure would have little time for it. Especially since one more loss in BE and season is basically over.

This is all about a legit injury, no structural issues & ML feeling confident enough to come back. Not sure what CM could do in this case.

goredmen

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2018, 02:00:18 PM »
Per Zach B

Same old, same old

I obviously have no idea what exactly happened here, but seems obvious to me that the staff botched this one with how they handled it. If they had announced him as out 4-6 weeks or "out indefinitely" right after the injury I don't think there would be an issue here. What some fans may think doesn't matter, but if/when pro teams vet him and they see he sat out 6 weeks with a day-to-day injury that doesn't help the player.

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2018, 02:04:55 PM »
I am not supporting the move (not enough information either way but pro teams will understand he was protecting his future earning potential. 

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2018, 02:07:22 PM »
Per Zach B

Same old, same old

I obviously have no idea what exactly happened here, but seems obvious to me that the staff botched this one with how they handled it. If they had announced him as out 4-6 weeks or "out indefinitely" right after the injury I don't think there would be an issue here. What some fans may think doesn't matter, but if/when pro teams vet him and they see he sat out 6 weeks with a day-to-day injury that doesn't help the player.

Per Zach B

Same old, same old

That would also imply that Lovett doesn't want to play? What would that reason be? Or staff thinks he could or should play?
I know the NY Mets like to list guys as day to day and then they miss months so maybe a Queens thing?

goredmen

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2018, 02:09:04 PM »
I am not supporting the move (not enough information either way but pro teams will understand he was protecting his future earning potential. 

Perhaps, but there will be a ton of competition that Marcus will have to deal with when going overseas. He's a dime a dozen type player. If it's him vs another player, teams will invest in the guy that didn't miss 6 weeks of the season

goredmen

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2018, 02:12:02 PM »

That would also imply that Lovett doesn't want to play? What would that reason be? Or staff thinks he could or should play?
I know the NY Mets like to list guys as day to day and then they miss months so maybe a Queens thing?

More that the staff didn't think the injury was this serious (and maybe it isn't) thought he could/should have been playing a month ago. I just think the whole day-to-day thing for over a month is what was frustrating about this whole thing

paultzman

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2018, 02:17:00 PM »

Zach B
Source told me the Marcus LoVett injury is a sprained MCL in left knee. Chris Mullin said there isn't a set amount of practices he would need to return. #sjubb