Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)

• 170 replies
Re: Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 03:28:04 PM »
Hey Guys,

I am a huge St.John's basketball fan and I have been for over 20 years. I am looking forward to a much move competive team this year and hopefully more wins. I currently live in Westchester (Peekskill NY) but I did live next to St.John's for seven years on 164th Street in Jamaica. Look forward to talking BBall with you all!!

will you be pushing dequann brickhouse to come to st. johns?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 09:40:12 PM »
Hey Guys,

I am a huge St.John's basketball fan and I have been for over 20 years. I am looking forward to a much move competive team this year and hopefully more wins. I currently live in Westchester (Peekskill NY) but I did live next to St.John's for seven years on 164th Street in Jamaica. Look forward to talking BBall with you all!!

will you be pushing dequann brickhouse to come to st. johns?

He is going to have lots of options. It's going to be interesting to see how the Team responds without Mookie. Peekskill players have ignored STJ for the most part but if the kid from White Plains goes to STJ that might spur other guys from the area to come aboard.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »
I never did an introduction.  I go by peter or picodulce, I run the <a href="http"//theeastcoastbias.wordpress.com">East Coast Bias[/url] blog (though I found out after making it there is another one by the same name).  Born in Queens (Rosedale like Malik Boothe), moved to Chicago in the last year.  And my first knowledge that St. John's was good at basketball was when I was told that Mark Jackson had attended my intermediate school.  I've been following the Johnnies off and on for years but got back into college ball in '98, and have been following the home borough team ever since. 

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 11:06:50 AM »
I was a decent SJU fan in High School. But I'm now a junior at SUNY Cortland and I've become a die hard. Being with 95% Cuse fans got on my nerves and I needed a team to root for. I live about 25 minutes from the SJU campus and my dad got his MBA at SJU, so it's the perfect choice.

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 07:37:54 PM »
Born and raised in Jamaica, Queens.. went to Jamaica High School, NYU(undergrad), University of Houston(grad). Now living in Houston. Been a SJU fan since about 1983 when i started to have my first basketball memories as a 5 year old.

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 10:05:55 PM »
SJU grad 1967. First SJU games  at Alumni Hall in fall of  61. Leroy Ellis , Kevin Loughrey , Donny Burks , Willy Hall et al .  Traveled to many away games between    63 and 67  with a bunch of beserk Redmen fans from  CBA including the famous birdman, Bill Davidson . Had the wonderful experience of traveling to Lexington when we went to the Final Four. SJU hoops  are my  #1  interest .

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 08:07:28 PM »
Came to SJu in 1955. Played intramurals & was asked by Dusty D (coach) to walk on in '56. Couldn't afford to do that . Loved the Redmen & followed them ever since. Joe Lapchick came back to SJu in 1956 and started to recruit NYC. Rest is  history & most of it very good.

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 04:58:12 PM »
4Redmen.  A fan since the Sonny Dove days.I live in Hopewell Jct,Dutchess Co.I still go see them 2-4 games a yr.

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 09:01:23 PM »
Hello all. I am a real oldtimer from the days of the mid 60s. I remember when a ticket to Alumni was $5. Used to down a few after the game at Sams. Does anyone else remember that great institution of lower learning??

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »
wat up sju brothahood. grew up in queensbridge watchin ron-ron in the projects as a youngin. became saint john fan the day he put on the unie. am now a frosh at sju  hopng we get back to the way things wuz in the late ninties wit eb runnin the show.

storm brewin baby.  best believe.

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 02:07:01 PM »
Hello Everyone.

Johnny4Life here. St. John's alum. Went from 1996-2001 -- Tobin College of Business -- Finance Major.

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 01:54:07 AM »
What's going on St. John's Faithful...Name is Dave, currently a junior at SJU and a part of WSJU the radio station. I call basketball and baseball games for WSJU so im very excited. I hope to be providing you guys with alot of inside info as well as getting great knowledge from you guys like the recruiting process and the fan perspective.

Moose

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 10:27:22 PM »
Joined here awhile ago but never really posted.
You will be seeing less of me on Redmen and more of me here.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 08:57:45 AM »
Joined here awhile ago but never really posted.
You will be seeing less of me on Redmen and more of me here.
Welcome aboard Moose!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Al

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2008, 09:44:31 PM »
Al......graduated SJU School of Ed in '93.  big SJU fan.  Lots of great times and memories.  Don't really post much, but like the site.  Will try to post more as the season goes on.  Used to have season tix for many yrs. Always had the student connection.  no longer have it, but go to a couple of games a yr.  Anyway, good site, like some of the insights and personalities.

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2008, 09:12:33 PM »
My name is Brian.  Born and raised in upstate NY.  02 Grad of Coastal Carolina.  My CYO team growing up was named St.Johns and when I found a team that was on TV St.Johns I fell in love!  Waiting for the day I can see SJU in a final 4!!!

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2008, 05:11:22 PM »
Somehow missed this first time around. Born and raised in Texas. Raised as a huge UT football/baseball/basketball fan. Decided to attend St. John's out of high school and started following the basketball and baseball teams religiously. I didn't graduate, ended up transferring back here in Texas, but I loved my time up there.

I rooted for Texas the last time the two played in basketball, but I rooted for St. John's in last year's baseball regional. I'm not sure why.

Obviously I have nobody down here to talk St. John's sports with, so I'm glad I found JJ.

Also, the president of my current school [St. Edward's in Austin] is a St. John's grad.

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2008, 11:09:45 AM »
My name is Joe. I graduated from the college in '63, but have been listening to St. John's stories since the 50's when my older sister went there. I'm proud to join you younger fans and students who are new supporters of the team.

Tha Kid

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2009, 11:39:07 AM »
I guess I never did this - here goes.

I have been a St. John's fan my entire life.  Both my parents went to st johns law, and my mom went to st johns undergrad as well.  My dad had season tix since 1978-79.  I was going to games with him as a toddler when Mullin/berry/jax were on the team, as a grade school kid with Sealy, Shawnelle Scott.  I went to the All-American game with Felipe and Z when optimism for St John was at a high.  I wore a bandaid on my cheek to school when EB got suspended by the NCAA unfairly.

I went to Duke for college - graduated in '05 - but St. John's will always be my #1a team with Duke as #1b - I dont' forget my roots.

I graduated from St. John's law in '08 - had season tix all 3 years and played intramurals - had a blast at st johns and am proud to be an alumni.

As much as I am sometimes critical of the program and go a lil crazy with my posting I'm a very approachable, relaxed guy - it is my sincere hope Norm can succeed though I don't think he will - and I think we have a HIGHLY talented team and cannot wait to see how Paris and DJ improve - and see how Justin does without the facemask as a junio.r  I think Justin is getting a bad rap and who knows how much pain he is in.  He's going to prove all of you wrong next year who criticize him.

We are......
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2009, 08:35:30 PM »
Hey all,

This is my first post here. My dad went to SJU Law School back in the late-80's and started taking me to games when I was a little kid during the Malik Sealy days. We had season tickets all through the 90's, up until I went away to college (University of Delaware) in 2002. I still went to a bunch of games the next season b/c I loved Marcus Hatten, but since the Pittsburgh scandal I think I've only been to two games.

I more or less stopped following college BB (except the Tournament, obviously) during my years in college as I got more into college FB, but the last 2 years I've been really getting into it again. I'm currently in law school at American University in DC, and it depresses me to no end that they are going to make the tournament for the 2nd straight year while SJU hasn't been there since I was a senior in high school.

I've been been trying to follow the team as much possible, but they don't get much coverage down here, except when they're beating Georgetown of course. Finding this site has been great, I'm finally getting updates on my beloved Johnnies!