JaKarr Sampson Signs with 76ers

• 139 replies

boo3

JaKarr Sampson Signs with 76ers
« on: September 14, 2014, 09:34:35 PM »
Wow..wow...wow... good for him... Way to go...

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille  28s
Jakarr Sampson has signed a partially guaranteed three-year deal for league minimum with Philadelphia per source. #sjubb

Re: JaKarr Sampson Signs with 76ers
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 09:35:01 PM »
Congrats JaKarr!!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 09:55:58 PM »
Congratulation Jakarr! That is a culmination of a lot hard work and dedication! Go get em!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 09:59:15 PM »
Pretty surprising considering he went MIA from their summer league team but great job by Jakarr. Hard work pays off. Hopefully he sticks there.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 10:16:15 PM »
Pretty surprising considering he went MIA from their summer league team but great job by Jakarr. Hard work pays off. Hopefully he sticks there.

He didn't go MIA from their summer league team.  THey had two entirely different rosters of FA's in Florida and Vegas.  It was discussed that he wasn't going to Vegas no matter how he played in Orlando.

Foad

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 07:16:17 AM »

Poison

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 08:24:15 AM »
He partially made it! Who should he partially thank first?

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 08:28:02 AM »
Congrats to Jakarr!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Foad

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 09:05:01 AM »
He partially made it! Who should he partially thank first?

Ben Franklin.

Tha Kid

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 09:28:30 AM »
Wow great for Jakarr and us.  Another Johnny in the nba.
"I drink and I know things"

mkras99

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 09:43:38 AM »
Wonder what partially guaranteed means here. Worst-case scenario, means that he contract only becomes guaranteed if he makes it though a certain date (similar to Chris Smith deal with Knicks last year). So JaKarr could end up with nothing other than NBA training camp experience and a trip to the NBDL.

DFF6

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 10:50:36 AM »
Worst-case scenario, means that he contract only becomes guaranteed if he makes it though a certain date (similar to Chris Smith deal with Knicks last year). So JaKarr could end up with nothing other than NBA training camp experience and a trip to the NBDL.

Even if this happens, it's still more than many of us expected JaKarr to achieve, at least at this stage of the game.   

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 11:40:09 AM »
Congrats!

It goes without saying, a partially guaranteed contract is better than no contract. Keep up the hard work!

desco80

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 01:05:32 PM »
Great news for Jakarr.  I'm very happy for him.

I worry this will provide additional encouragement to guys like Obekpa and Jordan to leave early even if they're not expected to be drafted.

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 01:14:15 PM »
Partially guaranteed probably refers to the money aspect of the 3 year contract in the event he is cut before it's completion. Actually any guaranteed money for an undrafted free agent before even training camp seems like a pretty good accomplishment at this point of his career. But how can any of this be when Marillac basically says that JaKarr sucks and even a college team is better off without him?  :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 01:15:15 PM by Celtics11 »

Marillac

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 02:59:36 PM »
Partially guaranteed probably refers to the money aspect of the 3 year contract in the event he is cut before it's completion. Actually any guaranteed money for an undrafted free agent before even training camp seems like a pretty good accomplishment at this point of his career. But how can any of this be when Marillac basically says that JaKarr sucks and even a college team is better off without him?  :)

Sixers aren't exactly the team to set standards by.  I find this baffling, but I am happy for him.  He's a good kid. 
I don't like what this will do for a few of our other guys next season. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 05:32:02 PM »
Great news for Jakarr.  I'm very happy for him.

I worry this will provide additional encouragement to guys like Obekpa and Jordan to leave early even if they're not expected to be drafted.

I hear you but I am sure they will be able to tell a big difference between Moe and his guaranteed salary and Jakarr and his partially guaranteed deal.  The Jeremy Lins of the world are few and far between.  Same with the lance Stephensons.  First round draft pick still should carry much more weight (I would hope).  Obekpa I could see bouncing regardless but hopefully Rysheed is smart enough to see the difference.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 05:34:45 PM »
If JaKarr makes the team and is sent back to NBDL before season's end, would he automatically receive the $507k league minimum for rookies?

Foad

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 05:48:19 PM »
If JaKarr makes the team and is sent back to NBDL before season's end, would he automatically receive the $507k league minimum for rookies?

I'd guess that part of the first year 507K is guaranteed and the remainder is not, contingent on his status. (And my guesses nearly got me through public school.) Incentive to sign, incentive to perform, no liability for the 6ers if he doesn't pan out.