Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY

• 749 replies
Re: Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2015, 11:09:54 AM »
Like I said. It won't be a cakewalk for coaches to poach NY and Jersey players anymore. Mullin instantly restored respect
I've got a temporary slogan for a stay at home movement similar to what Maryland did for football recruiting (DMV2UMD).

How about NYC2BMC ????

It's also a tribute to TMC, but now Barry, Matt and Chris.   :coolsmiley:

paultzman

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2015, 11:41:50 AM »
@NYPost_Brazille: St. John's spoke to top 2017 target Sidney Wilson yesterday, I'm told. #sjubb

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2015, 09:56:25 PM »
One school that offered the forward early on was St. John's which Wilson feels is a "great school." SJU Assistant Coach Matt Abdelmassih was at the UA Camp on Wednesday to check out the dynamic player and Wilson said he's been impressed with the Red Storm.

"They have a great coaching staff that incoming with [Head] Coach [Chris] Mullin and they're close to home which is a big plus," Wilson said.

Wilson said that he visited St. John's University campus in early June with a couple of other players including Nazreon Reid. "[Mullin] spoke to us about his coaching staff and how they've been on the NBA level and developed players on the NBA level.

"Another visit to the Big East school is in the future said Wilson although no timetable has been set. "[I want] see the school in-depth and see how it feels on the St. John's campus."

https://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1781588#sthash.xBltBdBD.dpuf

paultzman

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2015, 08:03:56 AM »
@jamelio1230: Great having Indiana Assistant Chuck Martin in the gym today to check out Sid Wilson and the #ravens working out. #indiana #iu

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2015, 05:18:38 PM »
Jorge Lopez
‏@CoachLopez12
St. John's assistant coach "Slice " Rohrssen stopped by the Raven's Nest to check out 2017's Isaiah… https://instagram.com/p/9J4NCExW4R/

paultzman

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2015, 05:37:13 PM »
@jamelio1230: Great talk w St. John's Assistant Coach Slice about plan to be fully engaged in NYC basketball. Came 2 watch @Iam_SidWilson @Jellyfam_Dimes

paultzman

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2015, 08:13:09 PM »
@AdamZagoria: St. Ray's @CoachLopez12 on Slice: "He likes both Sid and Isaiah and he reiterated that St. John's wants to keep the best players in NYC."

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2015, 03:51:11 PM »
@ASlater247: 4-Star 2017 wing Sidney Wilson @Iam_SidWilson will visit St. John's unofficially on Saturday.

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2015, 03:37:29 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: St. Raymond junior forward @iam_sidwilson said he's hearing most from #sjubb, Minnesota, Rutgers, Cincy and South Florida. Column tomorrow

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2015, 01:39:52 AM »
http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/rawle-alkins-visits-st-johns-for-red-white-scrimmage/#more-142332

Three other New York City recruits also spent their Saturday at Carnesecca Arena, with four-star 2017 small forward Sid Wilson of St. Raymond’s in the Bronx saying St. John’s is “toward the top” of his list, which includes Cincinnati, Providence and VCU.

“It’s always good to stay close to home and be at a big program like St. John’s,” Wilson said. “I’m real close to my family, so it would be nice for them to come to all of my games.”

Wilson added that the appeal of playing for a Basketball Hall of Famer like Mullin would be a tremendous privilege, as would playing half of his home games each season at Madison Square Garden.

“Everyone wants to play at the Garden, especially if you’re from New York,” he said. “That would be great.”

In terms of visits to other schools, Wilson said a trip to South Florida may be in the cards in the near future, but he wasn’t sure of a possible date for a potential visit.

Moose

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2015, 10:21:06 AM »
Pretty sure he sat next to Rawle yesterday
Remember who broke the Slice news

hnk

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2015, 10:47:05 AM »
Yes...during the beginning of the second half for about 10 minutes or so.

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2015, 09:06:18 AM »
Hadn't seen Wilson play before tonight but came away impressed. I think his best skill is how good he is at changing pace. He's a string bean and doesn't look like much of an athlete when he takes the floor but he has a really nice burst of explosiveness to him. He had a few really beautiful hesitation moves that were impressive for someone of his size and length. He also hit a few outside shots and his stroke seems to be rounding out (I had heard that has improved). Got into foul trouble so his minutes were a little bit limited. He definitely needs to get stronger, but I also think, judging by the length of his arms, he could grow a bit more as well before all is said and done. Would LOVE to get him or Jordan Tucker.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2015, 11:56:33 AM »
Paultzman thanks for all the great information you us

Don't you think we stand in much better shape with Jordan Tucker than Wilson.

It sounded like he was really impress with Rutgers

paultzman

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2015, 12:00:18 PM »
Paultzman thanks for all the great information you us

Don't you think we stand in much better shape with Jordan Tucker than Wilson.

It sounded like he was really impress with Rutgers

I believe SJU is positioned well with both.

paultzman

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2015, 12:10:23 PM »
From Andrew Slater;
St. John's coach @mabde33 is watching the St. Raymond's 2017 top 100 duo of @Iam_SidWilson & @Jellyfam_Dimes #SlamDunkDE

Matt on the case!

paultzman

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2015, 01:26:46 PM »
FINAL: @StElizabethHigh 76 - @StRaymondRavens 69
StR - Wilson 21pts
StE - Money 23pts (4 Scored in Double Figures)
#SlamDunkDE