Harkless Prepares for Breakout Year

• 92 replies
Re: Harkless Prepares for Breakout Year
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 04:41:02 PM »
And just think how good they would have been that next year if Harkless and Dunlap had stayed.  It would have gotten Lavin into the next recruiting cycle because other coaches would not have been able to "negative recruit" on him.

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 05:13:26 PM »
but had Mo returned, I think he would have been a top 5/8 pick in the following season's draft.

Agreed - hence why the first part of my post said he made the right call taking the $$

Or scouts would have had another year to asses his ability and he could have fallen lower. He made the right decision for him and his family.

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 05:36:35 PM »
Not saying he shouldn't have grabbed the money - I think the kid made the right call given that he was a guarantee mid-first round pick that year -- but had Mo returned, I think he would have been a top 5/8 pick in the following season's draft.

Oh I know. He could have probably gone even higher in the draft. Lavin did an excellent job bringing in talent that year. He did an equally horrible job not following through on the details to make sure that talent arrived and played. Had Jakarr, Norvelle and Garret all suited up from day 1, we would not have had two players taking 22 shots a game, and Harkless would have been just another promising freshman instead of a guy who dropped 28 in a blow out loss.

That was an exceptional class from an nba perspective -- a first rounder, a second rounder, and an undrafted guy who played 70+ games as a rookie.  and that doesn't even include harrison!  what could have been

Gumby

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2015, 11:44:08 PM »
Not saying he shouldn't have grabbed the money - I think the kid made the right call given that he was a guarantee mid-first round pick that year -- but had Mo returned, I think he would have been a top 5/8 pick in the following season's draft.

Oh I know. He could have probably gone even higher in the draft. Lavin did an excellent job bringing in talent that year. He did an equally horrible job not following through on the details to make sure that talent arrived and played. Had Jakarr, Norvelle and Garret all suited up from day 1, we would not have had two players taking 22 shots a game, and Harkless would have been just another promising freshman instead of a guy who dropped 28 in a blow out loss.

That was an exceptional class from an nba perspective -- a first rounder, a second rounder, and an undrafted guy who played 70+ games as a rookie.  and that doesn't even include harrison!  what could have been

On paper, I thought the Mo and Company recruiting class was the best ever in terms of quantity of talent.  Repeat, on paper! Second came the Mel Davis and Bill Schaeffer recruiting class.

Of course, we all know what happened to Coach Lavin's first full recruiting class.  All that glitters was not gold.  Eligibility questions, Rise Academy, early departures, baseball,  and head cases took their toll on that class.  Too bad!

QuanMan

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2015, 10:54:56 PM »
Moe had a strong game last night recording 8 and 9. He's in the Blazers starting lineup again tn on NBATV against the Lakers. Looking great.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2015, 10:55:23 AM »
http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/comfortable-and-confident-harkless-turning-out-be-steal-portland?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Can't believe the Knicks went for O'Quinn instead of Harkless. Both good and both under utilized by the horrible Magic regime but in the long run I believe Harkless has star potential.

Portland straight up robbed those dumbasses.

esuhr

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 10:26:37 PM »
He's been playing more and shockingly given minutes he's contributed a ton. Blazers could make the playoffs.

QuanMan

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2016, 03:18:56 PM »
14-4-2, 25 minutes in a start last night as the Blazers continue to solidify their postseason birth.
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 12:26:20 PM »
Moe continuing to surge as Blazers head into the playoffs. Could be assigned to contain KD in the first round:

Trail Blazers' Maurice Harkless: Pitches in with 16 points in another start Saturday Maurice Harkless pitched in with 16 points (5-9 FG, 1-3 3Pt, 5-7 FT), eight rebounds, an assist, a steal and a block over 30 minutes in Saturday's 108-105 victory over the Sixers.

Harkless has now posted double-digit scoring in his three consecutive starts, as he continues to make a case for remaining in the starting five over Noah Vonleh as the season winds down. He was solid on the glass as well, managing eight boards for the second consecutive contest.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 01:04:51 PM »
Orlando gave Harkless up for a second round pick. Those nice persons lol

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 03:09:06 PM »
Keep it up Moe!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 03:26:40 PM »
What would the starting 5 had been if Harkless came back for soph season?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:27:18 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 03:49:39 PM »
What would the starting 5 had been if Harkless came back for soph season?

Phil
Dlo
Moe
Jakarr
dom/amir/obekpa
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2016, 03:23:21 PM »
Great interview:

The all-around play of @Moe_Harkless has helped propel the exciting Blazers team. Our Q+A with Portland's 4-man: http://slam.ly/JciRVx
Section 3
Section 116

esuhr

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2016, 12:45:19 AM »
Harkless went for 20 points with 16 rebounds tonight... He's on a really nice roll...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:45:48 AM by esuhr »

Marillac

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2016, 02:27:24 AM »
Harkless went for 20 points with 16 rebounds tonight... He's on a really nice roll...

Still so young too. He's only 10 months older than Kris Dunn!

Moose

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2016, 07:30:42 AM »

Hope he finds a nice place for himself in Portland.  Great city.  They love their hoops.
Remember who broke the Slice news