Moses Brown - C - Archbishop Molloy (NY)

• 166 replies
Re: Moses Brown - C - Archbishop Molloy (NY)
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2017, 11:46:04 AM »
Ponds is on social media making posts about him trying to recruit him it seems

He deleted the post lol..... not sure if that's a bad sign or not...

He should delete some other posts as well

Could say the same about your posts here
+1
+1000

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2017, 01:04:35 PM »
Looking at Kentucky's fan site, their fans feel he is a lock for the Wildcats. As is every Top 50 kid they are mentioned with 😂

Wods317

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2017, 01:30:14 PM »
Looking at Kentucky's fan site, their fans feel he is a lock for the Wildcats. As is every Top 50 kid they are mentioned with 😂

Can you blame them? They get mostly everyone they want lol.

paultzman

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2017, 01:36:20 PM »
Maryland is in good position with Brown as well.

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2017, 01:36:35 PM »
Ponds is on social media making posts about him trying to recruit him it seems

He deleted the post lol..... not sure if that's a bad sign or not...

He should delete some other posts as well

Could say the same about your posts here
+1
+1000

Wah. You homies looking at the wrong account

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2017, 01:43:55 PM »

Are we not?

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2017, 02:02:53 PM »

Are we not?

My source thinks SJU is getting not only Muhammad but Brown as well.  Again I do know his mom like Chris a lot.

Definitely Kentucky could be the stink bomb in his recruitment.

Wods317

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2017, 02:24:23 PM »

Are we not?

My source thinks SJU is getting not only Muhammad but Brown as well.  Again I do know his mom like Chris a lot.

That would be some hell of a class with Diakite as well who looks like a solid 3-4 star guy. Won't hold my breath but better then the source saying we won't get either.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2017, 02:26:54 PM »

Are we not?

That would be awesome. I don't remember the last time we landed a consensus now top 10 recruit (I think Brown is around #6 right now). How reliable is this source lol?

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2017, 02:47:46 PM »
Lets be honest here, this would be unbelievable, but it most definitely sounds way to good to be true. I just have a feeling that we may be getting our hopes up as per usual to be let down,but I hope that I'm wrong!

Pete88

« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2017, 02:58:13 PM »
Lets be honest here, this would be unbelievable, but it most definitely sounds way to good to be true. I just have a feeling that we may be getting our hopes up as per usual to be let down,but I hope that I'm wrong!

Just read a few of Baldi's posts... your hopes will come back down to earth, quickly!

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2017, 03:31:42 PM »

Just read a few of Baldi's posts... your hopes will come back down to earth, quickly!

Or just watch a few games

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2017, 03:41:40 PM »
Get Brown and St. JOHN'S is a 25 team

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2017, 04:15:07 PM »

Are we not?

That would be awesome. I don't remember the last time we landed a consensus now top 10 recruit (I think Brown is around #6 right now). How reliable is this source lol?

Regardless, how reliable the source, things can change.  So, temper your enthusiasm until one or both signs on the dotted line.

By the way, Brown's dad is big on Georgetown, and with Ewing now being their head coach, they could be in the "thick of it."  As, fordham stated, you always have to keep an eye out for Kentucky (or the other blue blood's). 

I've said it before, but 15-20 years ago was a different time in recruiting.  Of course, the blue blood schools got their share, but it was never on this level where one automatically sense they weren't gonna get a kid when they hear the mention of Kentucky, Kansas, and Duke (maybe, a couple of others, but those are the main three doing work when it comes to snatching most of the 5-star rated kids). 

Wods317

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2017, 04:36:35 PM »
This happens at all levels of recruiting. You recruit a kid for a long time and then a bigger schools comes around and takes them last minute. We do it to smaller schools and the blue bloods do it to us. Just gota cast a wide net and hope every once in a while you can land one of the big fish.

« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »
This happens at all levels of recruiting. You recruit a kid for a long time and then a bigger schools comes around and takes them last minute. We do it to smaller schools and the blue bloods do it to us. Just gota cast a wide net and hope every once in a while you can land one of the big fish.

I'm more than aware it happens, but it didn't happen as often as it does nowadays, as it did 15-20 years ago.

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2017, 06:19:10 PM »
Mo Harkless stayed home; and he has a good NBA career. Shamorie Ponds stayed home, and is off to a great college career. Obviously others including Ron Artest, Felipe Lopez, Zendon Hamilton have had NBA careers. The pitch could be; if you are an NBA talent, stay in NY a little longer and play in front of family and friends because you will be away after you go pro.

Wods317

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2017, 07:00:17 PM »

I'm more than aware it happens, but it didn't happen as often as it does nowadays, as it did 15-20 years ago.

Wasn't addressing you I was speaking in general. It's easier to recruit all over the country then it it was years ago. Budgets are bigger and kids see more games on tv instead of just local games. Also social media and recruiting sites have grown. Just some of the reasons there are a ton more im sure.

ras

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2017, 07:15:51 PM »

Are we not?

Regardless, how reliable the source, things can change.  So, temper your enthusiasm until one or both signs on the dotted line.

By the way, Brown's dad is big on Georgetown, and with Ewing now being their head coach, they could be in the "thick of it."  As, fordham stated, you always have to keep an eye out for Kentucky (or the other blue blood's). 

I've said it before, but 15-20 years ago was a different time in recruiting.  Of course, the blue blood schools got their share, but it was never on this level where one automatically sense they weren't gonna get a kid when they hear the mention of Kentucky, Kansas, and Duke (maybe, a couple of others, but those are the main three doing work when it comes to snatching most of the 5-star rated kids). 
If I learned 1 thing as a fan, I don't get too excited w 5 star kids until they sign and get cleared.

« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2017, 08:57:19 PM »

That's because most 5 stars are one and done whereas years ago they stayed 2, 3, even 4 years. Now the Dukes, Kansas's and Kentucky's must replace most of those 5 stars every year because they don't have those talents in the soph, jr or sr classes.