Ellison & team article in NY Post

• 7 replies
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:26:05 AM by RedStormNC »

Re: Ellison & team article in NY Post
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 07:03:15 PM »
Mussini up to 167? I think he could be effective up to 175-180, not losing whatever quickness he has.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 07:06:25 PM »
Mussini up to 167? I think he could be effective up to 175-180, not losing whatever quickness he has.

Ideally, he's a somewhat more well rounded version of Hooper.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 09:00:01 PM »
Mussini is already much better than Hooper as a ball handler and shot maker off the dribble, which isn't saying much because Hooper was an absolute non-factor in both respects.  Totally different players IMO.  I want Mussini to show he can knock open looks down off-the-ball.  With some improved shooting and being asked to do much less from a ball-handling standpoint, he can be a useful player I think with guys around him to get him looks.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 09:45:14 PM »
Mussini is already much better than Hooper as a ball handler and shot maker off the dribble, which isn't saying much because Hooper was an absolute non-factor in both respects.  Totally different players IMO.  I want Mussini to show he can knock open looks down off-the-ball.  With some improved shooting and being asked to do much less from a ball-handling standpoint, he can be a useful player I think with guys around him to get him looks.

I agree that Mussini is more talented, and more well rounded.  My bigger issue with him, and my main reason for the comparison is his inability to stay with anyone he guards. Just like Hooper. If you can't guard your man, you can't play starter minutes. We know they both can shoot.

paultzman

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 08:04:17 AM »

I agree that Mussini is more talented, and more well rounded.  My bigger issue with him, and my main reason for the comparison is his inability to stay with anyone he guards. Just like Hooper. If you can't guard your man, you can't play starter minutes. We know they both can shoot.

Exactly

Poison

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 08:18:51 AM »
I also think it's a waste of time to make the freshman come off the bench early in the season. On a 1 win team, absolutely no starting position should be safe. I expect Yakwe to start, but the rest of the returning players should have absolutely zero inside track on a starting position.

The staff did a great job keeping Ponds here. Give him the ball and let him start learning from day one. If it turns out that Ellison and Sima have made significant improvement, then that's a different story.

Curious to see how much improvement we'll see from our 5 returning players. My guess would be in terms of most improved (in this order) Yakwe, Ellison, Sima and Ali/Moose will only improve slightly.

Johnny23

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 12:08:29 PM »
Ali can only go one direction and that's up. I think Sima improves more than Ellison. I'm hopeful Ellison can provide any type of meaningful minutes off the bench.