Anyone have any info on this thing on Tuesday at the garden?

• 53 replies
Re: Anyone have any info on this thing on Tuesday at the garden?
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2014, 02:06:57 AM »
Hey Marillac

Your new man crush didn't play a minute in the scrimmage. :)

That means no YouTube video
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2014, 02:08:34 AM »
All these walk-ons are great for practice. Raises the level of competition and allows for all our guys to be challenged. Especially the bigs. Joey Delarosa will never play a minute but him being a load in the paint for Obekpa in practice will pay dividends against a guy like Stainbrook.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2014, 06:55:22 AM »
All these walk-ons are great for practice. Raises the level of competition and allows for all our guys to be challenged. Especially the bigs. Joey Delarosa will never play a minute but him being a load in the paint for Obekpa in practice will pay dividends against a guy like Stainbrook.

Any idea what the deciding factor is in determining who makes the final official roster? I know Stewert and henderson are listed on redstormsports but Nwachie isnt.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2014, 07:27:11 AM »
The Lipscomb /Wheeler HS connection has yielded zilch. Let's get grounded about that Marillac please. All the top players there over past several years went elsewhere & did not give us a sniff. That may change, but doubt it.

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2014, 07:43:34 AM »
Hey Marillac

Your new man crush didn't play a minute in the scrimmage. :)

He's not at Balamou level yet...but that could change if I see him rip away a few rebounds from someone.  He's got competition with CO, Harrison, and Keith Thomas. 

Marillac

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 07:45:40 AM »
The Lipscomb /Wheeler HS connection has yielded zilch. Let's get grounded about that Marillac please. All the top players there over past several years went elsewhere & did not give us a sniff. That may change, but doubt it.

Planting seeds, Paultz.  We'll see what comes of it.  At the very least we have a very good walkon. 

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 10:52:24 AM »
Anybody else notice how Lavin slipped in the whole stipend thing in his talk? 

Funny I said that at the Garden back in the 90's and the security guard (I forget the guys name but he used to sit by the bench.  We had a tense relationship) almost kicked me out.  To be fair there was only around 104 people at the game so I was a pretty big % of the crowd

Moose

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 07:10:45 PM »
Anybody else notice how Lavin slipped in the whole stipend thing in his talk? 

Funny I said that at the Garden back in the 90's and the security guard (I forget the guys name but he used to sit by the bench.  We had a tense relationship) almost kicked me out.  To be fair there was only around 104 people at the game so I was a pretty big % of the crowd

How did he slip exactly?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 07:50:03 PM »
What did he say about the stipend?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Moose

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2014, 08:00:46 PM »

Someone asked if the players live on campus.  He said all but 3 do and they get a stipend.  I don't see that as slipping up?

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2014, 10:09:28 PM »

Someone asked if the players live on campus .  He said all but 3 do and they get a stipend.  I don't see that as slipping up?
I didn't even know kids were living off campus anymore. I like it. Any advantage we can get legally we should take
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:09:59 PM by mjmaherjr »

Marillac

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2014, 01:22:29 AM »

Someone asked if the players live on campus .  He said all but 3 do and they get a stipend.  I don't see that as slipping up?
I didn't even know kids were living off campus anymore. I like it. Any advantage we can get legally we should take

This what I've heard, but it's good to have it verified.  It's a big advantage for us and one that should be exploited.  Jarvis used to make the freshmen stay on campus, but others were allowed to live off after the soph year.  Some exceptions were made along the way.  All the guys living off campus drove nice SUVs.

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2014, 11:23:12 AM »
By slipping it in I was not implying it was an accident.  He said it as a recruiting advantage to those in attendance 

Moose

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2014, 06:52:20 PM »
By slipping it in I was not implying it was an accident.  He said it as a recruiting advantage to those in attendance 

Thanks for clarifying.