Mitchell Lightfoot, PF, Arizona - KANSAS

• 127 replies
Re: Mitchell Lightfoot, PF, Arizona
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2015, 03:09:33 PM »
I wonder which is more annoying ( dishonest ) recruits from outside the  tri-state area who use  the official visits to see America.  knowing  where they are firmly intent to enroll. or local kids who hold open their choice so as  to be able  get tickets etc

« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2015, 04:11:41 PM »
I wonder which is more annoying ( dishonest ) recruits from outside the  tri-state area who use  the official visits to see America.  knowing  where they are firmly intent to enroll. or local kids who hold open their choice so as  to be able  get tickets etc

If you're shopping for a car do you only test drive the car that you originally set out to buy?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2015, 04:34:25 PM »
If the interest is genuine - and I've read and heard that Lightfoot is genuinely interested - I have no issue with him or another kid taking their visit etc. Even if we do not land this kid, there is still benefit to the word being out there that he is considering us, particularly given his location on the West Coast and the caliber of the other schools chasing him. As long as we don't put all our eggs in one basket (or with questionable qualifiers) and recruit accordingly, we will be fine.

ras

« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2015, 04:44:50 PM »
If I  were a recruit, I would definitely visit a large southern school. I like the Loiusville teatment LOL.

« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2015, 10:51:57 PM »
http://pointguardu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82176&p=667759#post667759

“I just can’t wait to get to Arizona. My officials have been really fun though. I just got back from St. John’s over the weekend and the cold weather was actually nice,” he tells PGU.

With this being his final visit a timetable definitely exists and Lightfoot also discusses that with PGU, “I will take a week or two to decide on my future. I just want to relax and do what is right for me.”

“I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head. That’s why I want to wait around two weeks after the visit with the hope to fine-tune these ideas,” after being asked if he’s leaning towards a particular school. “It’s just going to be a hard decision.”

paultzman

« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2015, 07:38:48 AM »
@kansasrecruit: Mitch Lightfoot (@Mitchlightfoot) plans to announce his decision next week. Of course, Jayhawk Nation wants to see him in Red and Blue.

« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2015, 09:26:20 AM »
@MattGOAZCATS
2016 Arizona in-state target Mitch Lightfoot will announce his college decision next Saturday (Oct. 24)

Marillac

« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »
@MattGOAZCATS
2016 Arizona in-state target Mitch Lightfoot will announce his college decision next Saturday (Oct. 24)

He'd be a solid addition.  Perfect timing to replace Williams with a few years of experience as an understudy.  That's how the big boys keep their programs rolling.

Gumby

« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2015, 10:17:55 AM »
Very big long shot!  As I stated before, Coach Mullin and staff did make an impression on Mitchell and his family.  That is a good sign for future recruiting.

We stand a much better chance with Bashir and Richard.

paultzman

« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2015, 11:00:20 AM »
Very big long shot!  As I stated before, Coach Mullin and staff did make an impression on Mitchell and his family.  That is a good sign for future recruiting.

We stand a much better chance with Bashir and Richard.

Yes

paultzman

« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2015, 02:53:28 PM »
@EvanDaniels: With Lauri Markkanen booked for Arizona, Kansas becomes the major front runner for Mitch Lightfoot, who has planned a Saturday announcement.

« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2015, 03:19:55 PM »
That's what I am hearing, Jayhawks.

Marillac

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2015, 05:49:27 PM »

100 bux they redshirt him at some point and he is a very productive 5th year senior.

sju89tr

« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2015, 06:36:13 PM »

The staff will make impressions on kids like Lightfoot and a year or two from now we will land them. Good job by the staff getting the kid to seriously consider us.

paultzman

« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2015, 08:05:56 AM »
@Sports360AZ: Gilbert Christian hoops   @Mitchlightfoot has been academically accepted to Stanford. He will announce his college choice at 1pm tomorrow.

Johnny23

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2015, 08:13:16 AM »
Stanford makes sense. Not only the academics and high level athletics, but they have another highly rated former AZ prep star on their frontline in Michael Humphrey (kinda reminds me of Lightfoot actually) and I'm sure they're very familiar with each other.

« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2015, 08:37:43 AM »
I believe it is Kansas.  The Stanford acceptance does not mean he is going there.  Quirky fact.  Of all the major programs that offer athletic scholarships Stanford is the only school that makes their recruits actually fill out a traditional application like a regular student.   Which means they need to be accepted thru the standard admissions process. That is why there is some significance to him being accepted.

Unlike Kansas and SJU for example he doesn't have to fill out an application.  He passes NCAA muster and their admissions looks at his transcripts and assuming no red flags he's in.

wpc77

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2015, 08:40:28 AM »
Kansas