Nebraska

• 181 replies
Re: Nebraska
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 07:35:26 AM »
If you're a STH and you don't show up to tomorrow night's game without a solid excuse you should be embarrassed.
630 games in queens are just a killer for people who work in the city and aren’t 9-5ers. Leave the office at 630/7 and you’re lucky to catch the last 10 mins of the game.  That said if anyone wants tix, pm me.

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 10:07:50 AM »
Thanks all for the suggestions.  Since game will end around 8:30/9:00, anyone have recs on places to eat in the area post game?
Acquista Trattoria right across from CA on Union Tpke is one of my favorite spots in the entire city.

My friend ate here daily during law school. Great red sauce Italian.  Nicest people in the world. I wonder if they still have menebreau (sp?) dark beer.

QuanMan

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2017, 10:37:46 AM »
Tonight is the biggest game in the Mullin era to date bc of what it means for his critical third season. We win tonight and we're steaming, not limping down to Orlando. This game sets the table for our road trips down South and out West.
Section 3
Section 116

Poison

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2017, 10:42:12 AM »
Tonight is the biggest game in the Mullin era to date bc of what it means for his critical third season. We win tonight and we're steaming, not limping down to Orlando. This game sets the table for our road trips down South and out West.

I agree, but we have to also keep in mind that Nebraska isn’t a test like Marquette was tested against Purdue or DePaul was tested against Notre Dame. If we’re an NIT team we should beat Nebraska. If we’re a tournament team we should beat them handily. Still, for us, for where we are as a program, it’s a big game. I just don’t want I see us celebrating like National Champions after beating Nebraska the way Harrison and company did after beating a bad Minnesota team.

I’ll be there. Who’s going?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:24:01 AM by Poison »

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 10:44:38 AM »

I agree, but we have to also keep in mind that Nebraska isn’t a test like Marquette was tested against Purdue or DePaul was tested against Notre Dame. If we’re an NIT team we should beat Nebraska. If we’re a tournament team we should beat them handily. It’s a big game. I’ll be there.
So we'll have a poisonous atmosphere at Carnesecca Arena tonight.

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 10:51:15 AM »
Thanks all for the suggestions.  Since game will end around 8:30/9:00, anyone have recs on places to eat in the area post game?

Cobblestone's Pub right by the Kew Gardens train station. Tons of TVs, and good food

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 11:13:19 AM »
RIP Fame Diner. It's a grocery store now?

At that time of day I would think Subway will be significantly faster. I suggest taking the Q46 from Kew Gardens, drops you off right at the arena.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:14:44 AM by survivedc »

TONYD3

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2017, 11:21:54 AM »

I agree, but we have to also keep in mind that Nebraska isn’t a test like Marquette was tested against Purdue or DePaul was tested against Notre Dame. If we’re an NIT team we should beat Nebraska. If we’re a tournament team we should beat them handily. It’s a big game. I’ll be there.
Agree with both

Poison

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2017, 11:26:19 AM »

Atmosphere? I expect the atmosphere to be good. I don’t follow your point. I was talking about a way to gage where we are. A loss is probably pretty bad but a win doesn’t get us AP votes or anything. There’s a reason we’ve been paired with Nebraska.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:26:49 AM by Poison »

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2017, 11:56:21 AM »
Per Zags
2019 Aidan Igeihon will be coming to the @StJohnsBBall game today

ras

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 12:00:52 PM »

Atmosphere? I expect the atmosphere to be good. I don’t follow your point. I was talking about a way to gage where we are. A loss is probably pretty bad but a win doesn’t get us AP votes or anything. There’s a reason we’ve been paired with Nebraska.
I think he was joking, referencing your user name.

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »

I think he was joking, referencing your user name.
Thank-you. Apparently Poison's sarcasm detector is on the fritz.

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 04:31:42 PM »
Alternate home uni's that'll be worn tonight....

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2017, 05:22:47 PM »
Those are sweet
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TONYD3

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 05:51:05 PM »

I agree, but we have to also keep in mind that Nebraska isn’t a test like Marquette was tested against Purdue or DePaul was tested against Notre Dame. If we’re an NIT team we should beat Nebraska. If we’re a tournament team we should beat them handily. Still, for us, for where we are as a program, it’s a big game. I just don’t want I see us celebrating like National Champions after beating Nebraska the way Harrison and company did after beating a bad Minnesota team.

I’ll be there. Who’s going?
Nebraska fans posted this on their site. Someone took offense

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 06:25:10 PM »
Marley Paul‏
@MarleyPaul22
NBA scouts expected for St. John’s v Nebraska: #sjubb
Golden State Warriors
Los Angeles Clippers
Washington Wizards
Dallas Mavericks