paultzman

Yakwe Transferring
« on: April 05, 2018, 02:57:58 PM »
Announced today. Nice kid!

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
Re: Yakwe Transferring
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 02:58:35 PM »
Another player transferring under Mullin..... shocking.

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 02:59:06 PM »
Good luck to him....

Wods317

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 03:05:10 PM »

Are you really outraged by this? It’s whats best for both parties. Good luck to him.

QuanMan

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 03:06:46 PM »
Hope he achieves success in a lower conference, gentle soul, wishing him the best.

So we lose Amar and Bash to graduation, Marcus to Europe and Tariq/Yak to transfer market. 5 out, 7 in? to a team that was 6 deep last year. Again, I'd like to see us split these 4 ships evenly amongst 18' and 19' seasons but the staff knows our depth chart better than me.

Section 3
Section 116

Moose

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 03:07:28 PM »

Are you really outraged by this? It’s whats best for both parties. Good luck to him.

You might be right but its tough to be a winner when you have a revolving door. You need to maintain a core for 3-4 years.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 03:18:07 PM »
With Yakwe transferring, that is now every player to come in for Mullin's first year, leave in less than 4 years.  Not one of those kids developed under this staff which is pathetic. 

However with one poster saying I have been too negative, I will put a positive spin on this news, and say at least one of the kids who left is a pro...IN ITALY!!!  lmao

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
Spoke with a former professor of mine recently, he was saying of all the BBall players he has taught, and he listed quite a few, Yakwe was his favorite. He seems like a really good guy and I wish him all the best. Disappointing that he was never able to improve on a good freshman season, hopefully he will hit his stride elsewhere.

goredmen

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 04:15:17 PM »

You might be right but its tough to be a winner when you have a revolving door. You need to maintain a core for 3-4 years.

Agree, and revolving door is very concerning, but we had 6 guys and 1 big and Yakwe still couldn't find his way on the court. This is not really a loss and he was not part of this team's core the last couple seasons.

pmg911

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 04:18:37 PM »
With Yakwe transferring, that is now every player to come in for Mullin's first year, leave in less than 4 years.  Not one of those kids developed under this staff which is pathetic. 

However with one poster saying I have been too negative, I will put a positive spin on this news, and say at least one of the kids who left is a pro...IN ITALY!!!  lmao

Lovett didn't leave, he quit...    on the team, the coach and the school

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 04:33:16 PM »
He quit, and left.  There is a very bad culture going on at sju right now. However you want to slice it,  Mullin has 0 control over his program right now with all these defections since year one. 

Like I said other day, bringing in projects with opportunity to play is easy part. The hard part of developing and sustainability is what staff is failing miserably in.

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »
He quit, and left.  There is a very bad culture going on at sju right now. However you want to slice it,  Mullin has 0 control over his program right now with all these defections since year one. 

Like I said other day, bringing in projects with opportunity to play is easy part. The hard part of developing and sustainability is what staff is failing miserably in.

Hot take.

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 05:14:51 PM »
Is it really culture? Mullin's first recruiting class was to fill a roster, inherited Lav's guys and players the school had made inroads with. You want to criticize him going forward? Do it starting this year. These are HIS players. 

Do you guys ever stop crying?

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 06:19:23 PM »
This is not a big deal. Wish him the best.

ras

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 07:03:48 PM »
Not a big deal. But liked Yakwe. Couldn’t understand him getting zero burn at end of year. Wish him the best.

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 07:15:49 PM »
Ya no big deal. I'm sure Yakwe's people see it the same way

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 07:24:19 PM »
Yup, no big deal. Top 100 recruit from area, who was on all rookie team, relegated to bench in year 3, and lost out on playing time to essentially a glorified walk on.  Oh and on a team that desperately needed big men.

I’m sure no one will care, especially hs coaches and AAU guys who look to see player development when considering sju.

ras

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 07:27:51 PM »
Yup, no big deal. Top 100 recruit from area, who was on all rookie team, relegated to bench in year 3, and lost out on playing time to essentially a glorified walk on.  Oh and on a team that desperately needed big men.

I’m sure no one will care, especially hs coaches and AAU guys who look to see player development when considering sju.
I agree w you. When I said no big deal that was relative to Mullins use of him.I thought he should have played more.

tnice

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 07:38:48 PM »
Ya no big deal. I'm sure Yakwe's people see it the same way

Yakwe has people?

redslope

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 08:00:39 PM »
Yakwe might have been a nice guy but he is not a difference maker with the current level of skills--wish him well as he can only benefit from a sit out year to develop skills.  He currently does not play like BB is second nature but has to think before he acts and that costs him a step on offense and defense