Kamari Murphy - PF - Bishop Ford H. S. - Brooklyn, NY - OKLAHOMA ST.

• 41 replies
keep your eye on him.....
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:53:16 PM by jumpinjohnny »

kob24

Re: Kamari Murphy -- Bishop Ford
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 11:30:08 AM »
Kerwin is gonna be better

kjd01067

Re: Kamari Murphy - PF - Bishop Ford Central Catholic H. S. - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 12:22:35 PM »
ESPN INSIDER

Evaluation

December, 2008: Though thin, Murphy has very good length, which he uses to his advantage especially on the defensive end as Murphy does a very good job of blocking shot, especially as an on-ball defender. He also makes very good use of his length by keeping the ball high when he receives the ball in the post or when he goes it gets the ball off the glass. In addition to his length, he also has very good leaping ability and athleticism, which makes him a very good player in transition. He also has solid footwork in the post when he receives the ball, but he needs a little more work in this area. Murphy gives good effort and will continue to improve and tap into his potential and vast potential and he continues to mature and get stronger.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 09:20:57 AM by Dave »

Re: Kamari Murphy -- Bishop Ford
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 01:04:49 PM »
Kerwin is gonna be better

but does he have an offer?

i like kerwin too btw.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/07/03/st-johns-elite-camp-report/#more-5372

Kamari Murphy: Active on the glass, has some good post moves. Had a nice bank shot in one of the drills and can also score. He gets good position with his back to the basket and makes himself available for entry passes.

gonzalo

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/07/26/orlando-super-showcase-recruiting-updates/

Kimari Murphy of the Long Island Lightning 16’s told NBE that St. John’s, Providence, Rutgers, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, Auburn, St. Joe’s and Hofstra were recruiting him.

gonzalo

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 02:11:47 AM »
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/09/05/recruiting-notebook-shaq-stokes-kamari-murphy-updates/

Big East interest builds for 2011 forward Murphy

Over the summer, Bishop Ford (NYC) High School forward Kamari Murphy made a solid impression on NBE as well as college coaches playing at the AAU Super Showcase in Orlando with the Long Island Lightning’s 16-U squad. He also performed well when NBE took in the action of the St. John’s Elite Camp to start the busy month of July. The solid summer has led to a long and varied list of schools coming in contact with the 6-foot-7, 195-pound forward on the recruiting front.

“Wake Forest, QU, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Providence, Rutgers, Marist, VT, Virginia, NC State, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Fordham, Northeastern [and] Hofstra,” replied Murphy when asked what schools he has been hearing from since the July evaluation period.

Murphy is in the process of setting up unofficial visits to Virginia, Fordham and St. John’s when NBE talked to him last and he also mentioned that he would really like to see Wake Forest as well.

With more and more of the top players leaving NYC to attend prep school, Murphy is content to play out his high school days in the CHSAA with Bishop Ford.

“Honestly it was [a] thought to go to prep, but I realized at my young age I [would] rather stay in regular high school and graduate at a young age,” said Murphy.

When NBE saw Murphy early in July at the SJU Elite Camp, he showed excellent fundamentals in the post in establishing position and making himself available for the pass. He has the ability to score. He is now working on expanding his game to be more attractive to college programs.

“Being a big man that can run the floor ahead of the guards,” said Murphy of his strengths on the basketball court. “Rebounding, scoring in the low and high post, also being able to hit the outside three. I believe I have the whole package, but much more hard work is needed.”

Keep an eye on Kamari Murphy this season as one of the top NYC prospects in the class of 2011.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »
Looks like Tiny Morton's recruited another one:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high_school/2009/12/03/2009-12-03_bishop_fords_murphy_could_be_lincolnbound.html

Rumors are swirling that Murphy, who has received interest from Big East and ACC schools, according to Infortunio, might be headed to city-power and four-time defending PSAL champion Lincoln.

But Railsplitter coach Dwayne (Tiny) Morton said on Thursday that he was unsure of Murphy's status at his school and referred all questions to his athletic director, Renan Ebeid Gomez.

"I don't know what's going on right now," Morton said. "I'm trying to find out myself."

http://www.nypostonline.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/kamari_murphy_leaves_bishop_ford_J9lVdwYu23wq5ZFXennPXN

Highly touted junior forward Kamari Murphy has withdrawn from Bishop Ford HS and has enrolled at Lincoln HS, The Post learned Thursday night.

Murphy’s stepfather, Kaheem Draper, said Murphy registered as a student at Lincoln Thursday morning and took classes there, although Murphy has yet to meet with Railsplitters coach Dwayne (Tiny) Morton about joining the four-time defending PSAL Class AA champions.

When contacted, Morton issued a "no comment," but junior Shaquille Stokes said Murphy was on the bench during the Railsplitters’ victory over Grady. Murphy could team with 6-foot-11 center Jordan Dickerson to form a potent 1-2 punch in the paint.

“It’s gonna be a good addition to the team. He’s gonna help us on offense and defense, gives us more size,” Stokes said. “Most likely we are [the favorite] adding him. He’s a very big key for us.”

The 6-foot-8 power forward is being recruited by Providence, St. John’s, Virginia and Virginia Tech, and felt he needed a grander stage to exhibit his skills. Bishop Ford plays in the lower-level CHSAA Class A, while Lincoln competes in the PSAL Class AA.

LJSA

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 11:37:56 PM »
"I don't know what's going on right now," Morton said. "I'm trying to find out myself."
Doesn't he say this same exact thing every time he steals someone else's player?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 08:17:27 AM »
You're damned right he does.

pmg911

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 09:21:15 AM »
Looks like Tiny Morton's recruited another one:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high_school/2009/12/03/2009-12-03_bishop_fords_murphy_could_be_lincolnbound.html

Rumors are swirling that Murphy, who has received interest from Big East and ACC schools, according to Infortunio, might be headed to city-power and four-time defending PSAL champion Lincoln.

But Railsplitter coach Dwayne (Tiny) Morton said on Thursday that he was unsure of Murphy's status at his school and referred all questions to his athletic director, Renan Ebeid Gomez.

http://www.nypostonline.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/kamari_murphy_leaves_bishop_ford_J9lVdwYu23wq5ZFXennPXN

Highly touted junior forward Kamari Murphy has withdrawn from Bishop Ford HS and has enrolled at Lincoln HS, The Post learned Thursday night.

Murphy’s stepfather, Kaheem Draper, said Murphy registered as a student at Lincoln Thursday morning and took classes there, although Murphy has yet to meet with Railsplitters coach Dwayne (Tiny) Morton about joining the four-time defending PSAL Class AA champions.

When contacted, Morton issued a "no comment," but junior Shaquille Stokes said Murphy was on the bench during the Railsplitters’ victory over Grady. Murphy could team with 6-foot-11 center Jordan Dickerson to form a potent 1-2 punch in the paint.

“It’s gonna be a good addition to the team. He’s gonna help us on offense and defense, gives us more size,” Stokes said. “Most likely we are [the favorite] adding him. He’s a very big key for us.”

The 6-foot-8 power forward is being recruited by Providence, St. John’s, Virginia and Virginia Tech, and felt he needed a grander stage to exhibit his skills. Bishop Ford plays in the lower-level CHSAA Class A, while Lincoln competes in the PSAL Class AA.

Tiny Mortron is a S C U M B A G of the highest order, transfering to Lincoln will do absolutly nothing for this kid. In fact it will hurt him academically.

Tiny is out for Tiny and if anyone doesn't see this after this one they are blind.

This kid is being actively recruited by St. John's, Villanova, Georgia Tech & Hofsta and has an offer on the table from Va Tech, he had the balls to tell Bishop Ford staff he wasn't getting enough exposure..

This siutation is all that is wrong with high schoiol basketball today.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:27:42 AM by pmg911 »

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 09:22:50 AM »
Doesn't he say this same exact thing every time he steals someone else's player?

haha...you're right...absolutely verbatim ;D
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 03:46:55 PM »
Murphy, a 6-foot-8 power forward, is being recruited by Providence, St. John’s, Virginia and Virginia Tech, and felt he needed a grander stage to exhibit his skills. Bishop Ford plays in the lower-level CHSAA Class A, while Lincoln competes in the PSAL Class AA.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/psal_clears_lincoln_kamari_murphy_pLu4vX1MGuqPQyvwF3S15M#ixzz0ZnCBVvW6

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 04:16:40 PM »
Don't know how he ended up there...!

Well, if he can ball, I hope he decides on St. John's.  But after a move like this, he's trying to move up with his offers, look for supposedly better schools.

I bet Maryland offers him before the Lincoln season is out.

gonzalo

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 06:42:06 AM »
According to Zagoria we are not on his list.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/02/14/primetime-shootout-recruiting-rundown-doron-lamb-laquinton-ross-tyler-harris-more/

Kamari Murphy’s list, ”Seton Hall, Virginia Tech, Auburn, Rutgers, Providince, Virginia, Pittsburgh.”

Kamari Murphy on when he will commit, “This summer”

Kamari Murphy’s favorite, “Virginia”

Poison

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »
Wow, obviously not too bright.

pmg911

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 02:47:26 PM »
Wow, obviously not too bright.

what are you talking about..?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
http://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1089459

Lincoln (NY) standout Kamari Murphy '11 is garnering looks from St. John's, Iowa, Iowa State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Siena, Auburn, and Providence. The 6'8 Murphy lists offers from St. John's, Iowa State, and Providence. He said that Iowa State, Iowa, and Virginia are the schools that have most recently started to recruit him.

Asked if he has any favorites, Murphy responded, "Right now, I just started talking to Iowa State, but it looks like a god place, and Providence [is a favorite too]." Murphy is one of the most highly touted members of the U17 Long Island Lighting group.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1103308

New St. John's coach Steve Lavin watched Long Island Lightning's semifinal matchup against K-Lightning and it certainly didn't go unnoticed by the players from New York City. One of those recruits was Brooklyn (N.Y.) Lincoln Kamari Murphy, a 6-foot-9 forward.

"(Coach) Dana Dingle told me this game that I had to show up, a lot of people came out to see me so I tried to play to my best abilities and hopefully (Lavin) liked what he saw," Murphy said. "It shows he's interested in me. I'm just happy that he came out."

Murphy played well finishing with 21 points, many of those coming off putbacks, and he also rebounded and ran the floor. Virginia, Iowa State, Siena, St. John's and Rutgers are the main schools showing interest so Murphy said he was pleased to see Lavin show up to watch.

"Being at St. John's coming from UCLA, he wants to find some New York kids," Murphy said. "He might bring a couple kids from California but New York kids are a must at St. John's. It's close to home, it's the Big East so that's a good look."

There's some stuff about Kareem Canty as well trying to up his profile and having interest in St. John's, but I think he's dreaming there.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Kamari Murphy - PF - Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 02:02:01 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1106373

Asked when he plans to make his commitment, Murphy responded, "I plan on going [into the class of] 2012 so I don't know as of right now when I'm gonna make my decision."

...."Well right now I'm 16, so I think if I have that extra year, I'll be more prepared for college," Murphy said of why he plans to do a fifth year.

On how he came to make the decision, Murphy said, "Well, this past month I sat down with my coach at Lincoln and my pops and my family to prepare me for teammates."

Murphy is indeed interested in St. John's and is also curious to see how the Red Storm will fare in year one of the Steve Lavin regime.

"Yeah definitely [I am interested], just looking forward to see how they do this season and how the new coaching staff works," Murphy said.