• 47 replies
Georgetown Post Game Discussion
« on: December 31, 2009, 09:59:04 PM »
chat it up...thoughts?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

Re: Georgetown Post Game Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 10:04:18 PM »
  Have to win BE road games.  Until they get that albatross of their back, they won't make that next step.  Burrell played better than i thought after missing all that time.  I wish he played with that much fire everynight.  Hardy is the real deal,  we need him to take most of Boothe's minutes.
  Boothe does nothing.  Wright lit him up. He barely played in 2nd half.

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 10:04:58 PM »
Fire.Norm.Roberts

Sorry...back on board.  Season is over.  We are such a poorly coached basketball team it is insane.  We had eight days to prepare for G'town yet we got beat 15x by backdoors and simple give and go's?  The kids looked like they had no f*cking clue.

After all of that, we had a chance down three to bring it to one or tie it and Evans tries to go coast to coast--his % of something good happening after two dribbles is like 2-4%--and picks up the most predictable charge of the season in a 3-1 break.  Norm has no ability to control his players.  Brownlee and Evans think they are shooting guards. 

Norm sits Evans in a rage, but why is this kid ever allowed to put the ball on the damn floor.  EVER.  That is your fault as a coach.

Burrell played the game of his life.

boo3

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 10:08:49 PM »
 Welcome back Marillac.  That was great!  Where's Baldi?  The ManHole having a New Years Eve bash?

paultzman

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 10:14:18 PM »
It is plain and simple. Our talent is adequate, but with a slender margin of error, coaching prowess is essential to do the little things to capitalize on opportunities. Unfortunately, we don't have that capability at the top. Case closed!

Paultzman

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 10:17:31 PM »
Welcome back Marillac.  That was great!  Where's Baldi?  The ManHole having a New Years Eve bash?

That play by Evans just shows that the players have no clue.  I must have said 10x "Please don't charge...oh, please pass it" during that bumbling 15 second run down court.  Why does Sean Evans play so dumb for a junior that has logged insane minutes? 

Why does he even have the PRIVILEGE of bouncing the basketball when he does other things so well and is so clearly incapable of consistently producing off the bounce?

It's all the coach. 

Eight days to prepare for G'town which essentially looks for one of three things EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION. How can you possibly be unprepared?

G'town is not a good team.

Brilliant move playing Hardy on the ball when we so clearly needed to be freeing him with screens and letting him move off the ball at the end. Norm Roberts will never learn.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 10:21:22 PM »
Someone needs to grab Roberts, shake him and ask him if he really wants to get fired?

Start Hardy, nice person.

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 10:33:29 PM »
Man, this is a tough crowd after a seven-point road loss to the #13 team.

I agree -- plenty of missed opportunities and mistakes. And yes, Georgetown looked like the smarter and better-coached team.

But, jeez, there is a reason they are ranked #13 and we are maybe Top 40.

Saw more good things today than I've seen a long time. Tenacious play, didn't quit in tough spots, players who can shoot taking shots, players who can take it to the bucket taking it to the bucket.

Do I wish we had a better offence? Yes. Smarter defense? Yes.

But are we better than we've been in six years. No question: yes!

Poison

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 10:47:08 PM »
We need a new starting 5 if we want to sniff the dance.

Our starting backcourt scored 4 points. Unbelievable.

xhoops

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 11:06:02 PM »
Fire.Norm.Roberts

Sorry...back on board.  Season is over.  We are such a poorly coached basketball team it is insane.  We had eight days to prepare for G'town yet we got beat 15x by backdoors and simple give and go's?  The kids looked like they had no f*cking clue.

After all of that, we had a chance down three to bring it to one or tie it and Evans tries to go coast to coast--his % of something good happening after two dribbles is like 2-4%--and picks up the most predictable charge of the season in a 3-1 break.  Norm has no ability to control his players.  Brownlee and Evans think they are shooting guards. 

Norm sits Evans in a rage, but why is this kid ever allowed to put the ball on the damn floor.  EVER.  That is your fault as a coach.

Burrell played the game of his life.

Kid goes 4-4.....and they don't get him the ball. They get Burrell the ball and they win this game for sure. Words fail me

xhoops

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 11:12:24 PM »
RAFERTY would have won this game. He knew the right strategy .....let Burrell work on Monroe attack them.......score and get Monroe in foul trouble.

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 11:19:31 PM »
sounds like the same ole same ole I DVR the game will watch tomorrow after work
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Poison

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 11:37:39 PM »
We keep blaming Burrell, but if we had a different backcourt, maybe they would get him the ball. He should have more touches than anyone.

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 11:49:07 PM »
 >:( Box tells all. We won all aspects on game except FT attempts & makes. Do not believe Evans charged. Also on Evans walk ,a Hoya has him by the foot. Tuff to win on road but I,d like to see Gtown again in BE Tourney.

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 12:22:55 AM »
Man, this is a tough crowd after a seven-point road loss to the #13 team.

I agree -- plenty of missed opportunities and mistakes. And yes, Georgetown looked like the smarter and better-coached team.

But, jeez, there is a reason they are ranked #13 and we are maybe Top 40.

Saw more good things today than I've seen a long time. Tenacious play, didn't quit in tough spots, players who can shoot taking shots, players who can take it to the bucket taking it to the bucket.

Do I wish we had a better offence? Yes. Smarter defense? Yes.

But are we better than we've been in six years. No question: yes!

Except I don't think Georgetown is a #13 team to begin with.

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 12:47:46 AM »
Winable game that we should have won but I am still encouraged by this team. We will win our share of games in the BE this year. Guys can't take care of the damn ball...drives me crazy.

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 01:45:44 AM »
It looks to me that team started to play at different level when Boothe was injured. Stith did some decent ball handling for his first Big East game. However, the lineup of Hardy, Kennedy, Burrell, Horne, Evans should be starting. Wright was constantly abusing Boothe all game. He played him like yo-yo. The problem with Horne is he is to self conscience on the perimeter over attacking the rim. Last season he was getting the foul line.

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 01:53:24 AM »
It looks to me that team started to play at different level when Boothe was injured. Stith did some decent ball handling for his first Big East game. However, the lineup of Hardy, Kennedy, Burrell, Horne, Evans should be starting. Wright was constantly abusing Boothe all game. He played him like yo-yo. The problem with Horne is he is to self conscience on the perimeter over attacking the rim. Last season he was getting the foul line.

Stith has consistently made more plays than Boothe this season. Perhaps its a little bit of backup idol. The less you play the less exposed you are to making mistakes(Backup QB's, 4th outfielders). Every time Stith gets in though he racks up assists and doesn't turn the ball over in addition to being more of a threat to score the ball inside/out.

I don't mean to make Boothe the whipping boy but his play this season has just been too subpar and inconsistent.

Norm can't be loyal. He needs to be a coach and realize we're better without him.

Now a real posing problem is that when you take Boothe out and you have Hardy, Horne, and Kennedy in who is at the top of the key? I say it has to be DJ he can create off the dribble and this also allows Hardy and Horne to run like crazy off of screens.

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 02:34:03 AM »
Like others have said, Boothe is absolutely terrible.  We played well, aside from that pathetic show of basketball IQ by Evans on the break... But if you want to win on the road, you can't have Boothe out there.  With him on the court we're basically playing a 4 on 5.  Wright exposed him time after time.  Stith did a much better job containing him and he's a freshman. 

I'd like to see Hardy and Stith more.

matt6

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 03:26:58 AM »
I'm really not too disapointed with this game..
I don't think its fair how u guys are all jumping on evans charge wich didn't look to much like a charge but no one has said anything about brownlees to on a 3on2.
     I agree the team lookd a lot better without boothe..I don't understand y omari or thomas didn't play though..overall we had a pretty bad shooting night and gtown had a pretty good one..forget the fts..we shot 39% on the game gtown shot 51% and 40 from 3..I feel horne needs to drive a lot more..that one where he almost got monroe wow! :o
  Dj only took 7 shots would of liked to see more from him..
Hardy begining to be my favrite player on the team love his game
   Liked evans & burrells play tonite should have dished the ball down low more..evans was a beast on the offensive glass the team jus dosnt seem as hungry on crashing the defensive side..
 Brownlee was good imo maybe a little less js

Overall liked what I saw they didn't give up and I believe these past five years..we shoot like that on the road we lose 20+..I think 500 in conf play is very doable..and hey when was the last time we had 2 plays in the top 5!!on espn..lol