Pregame CBTS + Predictions: Marquette

• 33 replies

Poison

Re: Pregame CBTS + Predictions: Marquette
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 11:49:13 PM »
we played the worst game of basketball ever played against them in the bet last year. i have never been more embarrassed than i was watching that game. if the players cant draw from that loss last year and play well, norm prolly should phone in the last few games.

That was a truly pathetic effort on everyone's part.
But seriously, why should they need their own terrible performance as motivation to play hard?

It really feels like they do.

It feels like they lost to Seton Hall because they weren't up for the game. As if beating them at Alumni Hall last year was enough.

Maybe they'll get up for next year's game against the Hall. 

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 12:17:34 AM »
STJ 68
Marq 65

kob24

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 01:55:04 AM »
lazar haywood 15 attempts
justin burrell 5 attempts

gonzalo

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 09:22:54 AM »
St. John´s wins.

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 10:15:38 AM »
We don't matchup well with Marquette.  They are skilled, they can shoot, and they don't make mistakes.  We only beat teams that are bad or that are prone to mistakes. 

Lazar is ridiculous.  I think he'll be a very good pro, if not an all-star even if he gets drafted in the second round.

I'll agree with you, in that Marquette can shoot the ball.  I've seen them put five players on the floor and all of five were capable of hitting the trey.

As, far as Lazar Hayward....  He's a decent player....  But, I've seen him toss up quite a few bad shots in the paint.  Just flip it up and it's either an ugly shot or a shot getting volleyballed (I made up that word, lol) back in his face.

Otherwise, if they create any dribble-penetration then we're mud.  They are gonna make it rain....  The 3-ball, that is.

I'm a huge Lazar Hayward fan.  He is tremendously skilled.  He also has above average NBA athletic ability.  To have both is rare. He's clearly not a guy that is meant to carry a team as a scorer, though.  He won't have to be at the next level.  He's outstanding in the post, both rebounding and offensively.  I'm anxious to see how he measures in at the combine.  If he measures in at a true 6'6, I'm writing him down as a future all-star.

I'll agree with you that he's not a guy to carry a team.  I think he's a pretty decent shooter and has a fairly, good hoops IQ. 

On the other hand, I do not see him, as a future NBA all-star player.  I see him, as a steady, NBA player.  Nothing more.  Again....  That's just my opinion.

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »
How about Wesley Matthews now starting for the Utah Jazz....very impressive. They traded away Brewer to open up a spot for Matthews. With that being said I could see Hayward making the NBA. This discussion is worth another thread though.

I'm excited for tonight's game.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 01:36:48 PM »
We don't matchup well with Marquette.  They are skilled, they can shoot, and they don't make mistakes.  We only beat teams that are bad or that are prone to mistakes. 

Lazar is ridiculous.  I think he'll be a very good pro, if not an all-star even if he gets drafted in the second round.

I'll agree with you, in that Marquette can shoot the ball.  I've seen them put five players on the floor and all of five were capable of hitting the trey.

As, far as Lazar Hayward....  He's a decent player....  But, I've seen him toss up quite a few bad shots in the paint.  Just flip it up and it's either an ugly shot or a shot getting volleyballed (I made up that word, lol) back in his face.

Otherwise, if they create any dribble-penetration then we're mud.  They are gonna make it rain....  The 3-ball, that is.

I'm a huge Lazar Hayward fan.  He is tremendously skilled.  He also has above average NBA athletic ability.  To have both is rare. He's clearly not a guy that is meant to carry a team as a scorer, though.  He won't have to be at the next level.  He's outstanding in the post, both rebounding and offensively.  I'm anxious to see how he measures in at the combine.  If he measures in at a true 6'6, I'm writing him down as a future all-star.

can you compare him to anyone knw mmarillac?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 02:23:23 PM »

There really isn't anyone that I could say is a pure comparison off the top of my head, but he is like Bruce Bowen in a lot of ways.  He has very good set three pointer and I think he'll be as dependable as Bruce was if not better.  He reminds me most of a smaller Kenyon Martin with more SF skills you would expect losing three inches.  Maybe the best comparison would be Caron Butler or a less athletic Gerald Wallace. 

His measurement will determine everything.  If he's 6'4 and change, he wiill drop.  6'6 and he should be in the first round.

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 02:37:17 PM »

There really isn't anyone that I could say is a pure comparison off the top of my head, but he is like Bruce Bowen in a lot of ways.  He has very good set three pointer and I think he'll be as dependable as Bruce was if not better.  He reminds me most of a smaller Kenyon Martin with more SF skills you would expect losing three inches.  Maybe the best comparison would be Caron Butler or a less athletic Gerald Wallace. 

His measurement will determine everything.  If he's 6'4 and change, he wiill drop.  6'6 and he should be in the first round.

NBAdraft.net compares him to Morris peterson

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 02:48:41 PM »
dont see mo pete at all. caron butlers a good one  if he developes a better peremeter game

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »
one that just poped in m head was ryan gomes. does everything well nothing great. about the same build

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 03:03:21 PM »
NBDL and overseas for this guy

Marillac

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 03:10:19 PM »

No way.  Way too much body control.  He has an NBA shot that I think will only get much better.  He can rebound with anyone.  He defends well and has a high B-ball IQ. 

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 03:11:28 PM »

No way.  Way too much body control.  He has an NBA shot that I think will only get much better.  He can rebound with anyone.  He defends well and has a high B-ball IQ.

Ok, hes 6-6 which means hes a 2. Good luck matching him the 2's in the NBA. No chance imo