Recent News Please Be Sensitive to Information

• 9 replies
Recent News Please Be Sensitive to Information
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:41:07 AM »
Lets protect our guys with this recent news. Lets not speculate on who the person was and just leave them to be anonymous. The gunman is still at large and we don't want anyone to be a target of further violence. Please be very understanding with this and if you fail to do so your posts will be removed without question.

Thanks

Dave
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

Re: Recent News Please Be Sensitive to Information
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:37:48 AM »
huh?

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 12:11:23 PM »
Ahh boy, hopefully these guys lay low till they catch this scum.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 12:12:56 PM »
what happened?

kob24

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 12:27:31 PM »
ummm didnt this happen last week

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 12:38:56 PM »
ummm didnt this happen last week
Yeah it did...I hope the media don't run with it, but someone did get shot unfortunately.....another lesson learned in the school of life....sad.
Same Shiznit....Different Year!

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 12:41:31 PM »
I just read that.  What a shame.  This could not have come at a worse time for the University.  Not saying this could ever happen at a good time but the school and the Athletic program were really on a high over the past 3 weeks. 

Hoping things work out for the best and they get the guy who did this.

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 03:16:59 PM »
Lets protect our guys with this recent news. Lets not speculate on who the person was and just leave them to be anonymous. The gunman is still at large and we don't want anyone to be a target of further violence. Please be very understanding with this and if you fail to do so your posts will be removed without question.

Thanks

Dave

Responsible.

Mad props.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 04:04:24 PM »
HERE'S A REVIEW OF THE PLACE I ALSO POSTED ON REDMEN.COM...
YOU CAN ALSO GO TO RACK'S ASTORIA WEB SITE AND LOOK AT THE PIX.
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUNG PEOPLE GOING TO A PLACE LIKE THIS..

Fantastic little pool hall! The prices for a table are decent; about $10 an hour.

I wouldn't order the drinks if you're on a budget since they are on the pricier side, but sometimes, you gotta throw your budget out the window and have a nice $7 beer.

There's an arcade in the back that's kinda fun and near the front (on your right once you've walked in) one of those new-fangled jukeboxes that have all the songs in the world and will download the ones that aren't in its database. (I think, they are called MusicMatch Jukebox, but I can never remember.) Of course, there is a DJ, so I don't know it works with that machine and him; maybe they have an understanding.

You walk in and actually will say: "Wow! This is actually kinda nice" And, then you realize it's in the middle of a residential area where everyone just stays indoors. It's not scummy outside, just dark.

Go here; shoot pool; have some fun!
----------------------------------
One of the more interesting places to hang out in Astoria.

Went one night with some friends and got a pretty great deal - unlimited pool, a pitcher, and 20 wings for $25.  Not bad at all.  I believe the other pitchers we ordered were only around $9, which is a great price.

All in all and nice place to spending an evening every now and again.

The only downfall is the location.  It's a bit out of the way on Steinway.