Dwayne Polee Jr. - PF - Los Angeles, CA - Westchester Senior HS - ST. JOHN'S

• 152 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
I seriously doubt it. Too slim to handle PFs even if they play fast...

I doubt it.  As Peter said he needs some bulk to be a PF.  Based on what I've read he needs to polish his game some to be a SF.  And I don't see him starting over Kennedy next year.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

boo3

We don't need him to start.  Dj, Burrell, and Evans is your front court.

If he can hold onto the ball and dunk he would be the better option

Wods317

I really would rather not have Evans start at all. He's a solid rebounder and if he would just stay under the basket he would be fine but he doesn't. Polee probably wont start but maybe he and Coker can take more of Evans time unless the new staff can make Evans never dribble the ball again I don't have confidence in him.

boo3

If he can hold onto the ball and dunk he would be the better option

We know he can dunk.   You think he's a better option than DJ or Burrell?  Your nuts.  I could see you making a nonsensical argument for him starting over Evans though.

Is that your sister?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:53:24 PM by boo3 »

Poison

No guaranteed jobs on a 6-12 team. Polee could start over any one of players. It's not like any of them were good enough to make us a winner.

If he can play, get him out there from day 1.
Who cares who sits?

Marillac

Hakim Warrick had a very solid freshman year at the four for Syracuse and he was under 200 lbs at 6'8.  I expect to see us in a lot more zone, because Dunlap loves to pressure and it is just easier to fall back into a zone after pressure.  Plus, Dunlap is a genius defensively and he knows how imortant it is to switch things up.  In a 2-3 zone Polee would only be asked to do as much a typical SF would be asked to do.

Looking at our personnel, I see the team really thriving in a 1-3-1 with Polee at the top and Boothe down low.  Boothe is an animal at stripping the ball under the basket--might be the best I've ever seen---and he has the speed to cover both corners better than anyone else on the team.  Polee's length and hops will disrupt the passing lanes and guys like Horne and Hardy are at their best jumping the passing lanes. 

Marillac

this is the only early poll I have seen for next year..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=5179956

As for UConn, with little expectations on the team, I bet they surprise a lot of people.

They lost two dumb players:  Gavin Edwards and Stanley Robinson.  Robinson was a sensational talent, but he played like a bonehead more often than not.  Gavin Edwards made some of the most puzzling mistakes I've seen in a while. 

Dyson will hurt them, though.  I think Kemba is way too good to no be amazing as a junior.

I thought Gavin Edwards was one of the more heady and steady players on UConn.
Not at all.  When it counted he was mistake after mistake.  I loved watching it because I hate Uconn, but I felt bad for the kid.  He looked like he lacked all confidence at times. 

I just flat out disagree with you. He was a guy who came off the bench and shot nearly 60% from the floor and made 80% of his free throws. I'm not sure how that translates into being a dumb player if so I want some dumb players.
You are entitled to your opinion.  I liked Edwards as a player (probably better suited for a role player), but when it counted he made mental mistake after mental mistake.  You can cite his FT % all day long, it doesn't take away from the fact that he was a kid that played with no confidence for large periods of time. 

pmg911

Hakim Warrick had a very solid freshman year at the four for Syracuse and he was under 200 lbs at 6'8.  I expect to see us in a lot more zone, because Dunlap loves to pressure and it is just easier to fall back into a zone after pressure.  Plus, Dunlap is a genius defensively and he knows how imortant it is to switch things up.  In a 2-3 zone Polee would only be asked to do as much a typical SF would be asked to do.

Looking at our personnel, I see the team really thriving in a 1-3-1 with Polee at the top and Boothe down low.  Boothe is an animal at stripping the ball under the basket--might be the best I've ever seen---and he has the speed to cover both corners better than anyone else on the team.  Polee's length and hops will disrupt the passing lanes and guys like Horne and Hardy are at their best jumping the passing lanes. 

Booth might be able to get from corner to corner but you will be giving up too many open jumpers due to his size.

pmg911

Re: Dwayne Polee Jr. - PF - Los Angeles, CA - Westchester Senior HS - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2014, 04:43:38 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11527935/top-10-players-need-fulfill-expectations

A strong recruiting class will help San Diego State, the favorites to win the Mountain West title, maintain the lineage of success that Steve Fisher has enjoyed throughout his tenure. If likely starter Polee (8.5 PPG, 3.3 rebounds per game) can blossom into the next-level talent he's capable of becoming, then the Aztecs could make a serious run in March.

Marillac

Re: Dwayne Polee Jr. - PF - Los Angeles, CA - Westchester Senior HS - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2014, 05:46:35 PM »
  Kemba is over-rated IMO.  He doesn't make anyone around him better.  He's a talented, but he isn't a winner.

When has he gotten to run the show at UConn? He's deferred to a lot of people who I didn't think were "winners" I like Kemba though. He's competitive and prideful. I think he can have a Daryl "Showtime" Hill type year.

Ouch .

« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »
  Kemba is over-rated IMO.  He doesn't make anyone around him better.  He's a talented, but he isn't a winner.

When has he gotten to run the show at UConn? He's deferred to a lot of people who I didn't think were "winners" I like Kemba though. He's competitive and prideful. I think he can have a Daryl "Showtime" Hill type year.

Hahaha

Ouch .