« on: December 11, 2010, 10:04:29 PM »
lets just fast forward to 2011.

Re: Season is over
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 10:50:49 PM »
Can't wait till next year.

Wods317

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 11:29:11 PM »
I would be one to shoot down this type of thread so early in the season but the season is all but over. The NIT will be a stretch now and those NCAA dreams are over. At least this year we have something to look forward to in the very near future. We have some really loyal fans on these sites and we will be rewarded the next few years after this one with a very good team.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 11:43:49 PM »
It really feels terrible to be a St.John's fan. This loss was pathetic. They were up by 20 points, and for whatever reason, they just stopped focusing completely.

I don't have an analysis. I can't offer any ideas that can bring about an improvement in this team.

We are what we are. Not talented enough.

boo3

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »
  I just got home and flipped on the news.  Really?  We lost?  Wow, these kids really do stink.  Shocked that we couldn't figure out how to beat this team.   Who is to blame? 

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 01:11:07 AM »
O.K. ill be that guy....I do not post much but I come to this website all the time to read all the great comments and articles (My knowledge is nothing compared to pretty much everyone in here)...Like many of you I bleed St. John's red and I am proud to graduate from this school...Like everyone on this board I am shocked and disgusted with these last two pathetic, horrible, loses....BUT!!! I REFUSE to throw in the towel yet...I AM CALLING A CADENCE TO ARMS THAT OUR BOYS IN RED CANNOT BE THIS BAD!! I REFUSE TO BELEIVE THIS!!! At this point our chance look bleak and we are staring down the barrel of another lost season, but the season is still to early to call it! We started strong last year and fizzled out...I leave these faithful words of the Dropkick Murphy's:

Pick your heart up off the ground though I'm sure it weights a ton
You're no better or no worse than any mothers son
Though you're up against all odds and you're backed against the wall
You recall the cheer, "The Gang's All Here" and shout!
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 02:09:57 AM »
this was the worst loss STJ has experienced since we lost @ Seton Hall with 20+ pt lead in 2004 or 2005. watching this team is like being in an abusive relationship and we keep coming back for more!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 02:19:33 AM by buckeyestorm »

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 06:52:44 AM »
this loss is different because it just shows a lack of character.  with a senior laden group it is unacceptable to blow a 21 point lead to a far inferior opponent.  you HAVE to have more pride than that. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

tims19

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 09:37:40 AM »
anything is possible,.... if we fix our problems and win like 80% of big east were still in everything, good luck with that but cant give up till then

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »
this loss is different because it just shows a lack of character.  with a senior laden group it is unacceptable to blow a 21 point lead to a far inferior opponent.  you HAVE to have more pride than that. 

Exactly, TRab!  They were rattled and played scared down the stretch.  There was not one soul on the floor who were there to be a calming affect.  None! 

The shots DJ and Horne tossed up during the latter stages of the game could've built Fordham a new gym.  Sheesh!

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 03:47:03 PM »

this team has not showed character for 4 years. part of the loss is on the staff, but mostly on the players. if you use the senior arguement, even without a single person coaching this team, the seniors alone with a 20+ point lead should have found a way to win that game.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:52:29 PM by buckeyestorm »

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 03:53:21 PM »

this team has not showed character for 4 years. part of the loss is on the staff, but mostly on the players. if you use the senior arguement, even without a single coach on the floor, the senior with a 20+ point lead should have found a way to win that game.

Why all of a sudden is the losses on the players? Lavin continued to press when Fordham continually ran right thru it for open looks and nailed them. I guess the players decided to continue to press?

kjd01067

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 04:04:37 PM »

this team has not showed character for 4 years. part of the loss is on the staff, but mostly on the players. if you use the senior arguement, even without a single coach on the floor, the senior with a 20+ point lead should have found a way to win that game.

Why all of a sudden is the losses on the players? Lavin continued to press when Fordham continually ran right thru it for open looks and nailed them. I guess the players decided to continue to press?

Don't blame this debacle on Lavin.  He inherited this mess.  There was no reason we should have lost that game.  You can nitpick and say we should have come out of the press but go back and watch the game again, watch the last 5 mins.  No one on our team wanted to take the big shot it was like a game of hot potato.  We got punched in the face and we ran away crying to our mom.  I love this team and will continue to support it but this season is all but over.

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 04:07:17 PM »

Don't blame this debacle on Lavin.  He inherited this mess.  There was no reason we should have lost that game.  You can nitpick and say we should have come out of the press but go back and watch the game again, watch the last 5 mins.  No one on our team wanted to take the big shot it was like a game of hot potato.  We got punched in the face and we ran away crying to our mom.  I love this team and will continue to support it but this season is all but over.

Hes the head coach. Who do you blame? Father Harrington again? We just lost to 2 terrible teams that were beaten last year

Poison

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 04:16:02 PM »
Lavin can't take the free throws for them. We make our free throws, and our jumpers, we win both games.
We went cold at the end. Kennedy especially.

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 04:19:33 PM »
Lavin should have come out of the press, I agree.  We were getting beat over the top of it and run through it like crazy. 

BUT any team with superior talent and a senior-laden team wins that game, IF they have character.  We got punched in the mouth and were scared and lacked character.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »
Lavin can't take the free throws for them. We make our free throws, and our jumpers, we win both games.

WIDE OPEN jumpers, Poison.  DJ and Stith dribbled outside of the arc to the free-throw line and tossed up shots that could've made a dent into the backboard.  Fordham players were daring 'em to shoot it.

You could clearly see DJ didn't want to shoot the ball.

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 04:31:28 PM »

WIDE OPEN jumpers, Poison.  DJ and Stith dribbled outside of the arc to the free-throw line and tossed up shots that could've made a dent into the backboard.  Fordham players were daring 'em to shoot it.

You could clearly see DJ didn't want to shoot the ball.

Exactly right MJ! Once Fordham keyed on Hardy, game over. Kennedy plays like a puss y

Moose

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 04:39:21 PM »

Exactly.  Some fail to see that.  If we were waxed by 14 points I'd start pointing fingers.  We lost by 3.  Thats one basket for them and a couple FT's or a basket for us.  It sucks today.  But we have to think it will get better.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 04:41:33 PM »

Exactly.  Some fail to see that.  If we were waxed by 14 points I'd start pointing fingers.  We lost by 3.  Thats one basket for them and a couple FT's or a basket for us.  It sucks today.  But we have to think it will get better.

Lost by 3 after being up 20 to a team that won 3 games last year