Jamari Traylor - PF - IMG Academy - Chicago, IL - KANSAS

• 30 replies
Jamari Traylor - PF - IMG Academy - Chicago, IL - KANSAS
« on: January 03, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »
Per Rivals....

Jamari Traylor, PF, IMG- A tough and rugged native of Chicago, Traylor plays much bigger than the 6-foot-6 or 6-foot-7 that he is. He explodes off the floor for slams in traffic, attacks the glass for boards on both ends and is happy to play physically in the lane. He helps to make up for his lack of size by catching in the high post and beating defenders on one and two dribble drives to the rim thanks to a great first step. He mentioned that Virginia Tech had put in a lot of work while Virginia, VCU, Bradley, Minnesota, St. John's and others are involved. The three-star forward will take visits before deciding in the spring.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1171691
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:32:27 PM by kjd01067 »

Re: Jamari Traylor - PF - IMG Academy - Chicago, IL
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:37:06 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/112516/jamari-traylor

May, 2010: Taylor is physically ready for college right now. He is a tough and strong power forward that is athletic and competes on both ends of the floor. He rebounds at a high rate in and out of his area and is a tough match ups because of his strength and aggressiveness. He runs the floor well and will attack the rim all on clear paths. He will post and drop step or complete a drop off pass through contact. Taylor scores on the perimeter with a rhythm dribble pull up jumper mostly inside 15 feet. He is good defender but must work to hone his overall skills. He has great upside and will be an excellent glue guy or role player on the college level.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 12:38:50 PM »
I like the sound of this guy.  Would also like to see a physically ready JUCO forward in the fold, but the recruiting class needs bangers.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 01:11:18 PM »
I like the sound of this guy.  Would also like to see a physically ready JUCO forward in the fold, but the recruiting class needs bangers.

I agree!  We need bangers, and if this kid happens to have a heckuva upside then he might be worth a scholarship.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 03:42:02 PM »
He doesn't look 6'6 in that video!  I like the idea of a 6'6/6'7 junkyard dog  at the four that knows his place inside, but he's gotta be a legit 6'6 to make it work in the Big East unless he's really special.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 06:08:06 PM »

I agree!  We need bangers, and if this kid happens to have a heckuva upside then he might be worth a scholarship.
I saw him several times in AAU ball-played well early. At that level, he would've fit in with the 90s Knicks, guys like Oakley and Mason. He was a contributor (some games more than others-due to Davis) and multi-positional defender. He was essentially the protection for Davis, a tremendous prospect who is much more of a finesse forward.

One of those prospects who could be a great mid-major prospect or a contributor at the high-major level.

Brad00

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 05:35:09 AM »
I am a big fan of Jamari Traylor. He is ideal of young players.Because he is most effective on offense running in transition, rebounding or receiving the drop-down pass from guard penetration.He is amazing!

Moose

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 08:46:11 AM »
I am a big fan of Jamari Traylor. He is ideal of young players.Because he is most effective on offense running in transition, rebounding or receiving the drop-down pass from guard penetration.He is amazing!

Have you seen him play in person?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »
Jamari Traylor, a 6-foot-7 power forward from IMG Academies, will take an official to Oklahoma State Thursday-Saturday, according to IMG coach Andy Borman.

Traylor will also visit Kansas, though no date has been set.

He has also visited Indiana.

St. John’s, Memphis and Mississippi State are also in the mix.

Read More:
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/04/11/jamari-traylor-planning-visits/#more-50557
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 07:56:43 PM »
Latest update on Traylor after his visit to OK St.

SJU still in the mix:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/04/18/jamari-traylor-enjoys-oklahoma-state-visit/

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »
Seems to be a "poor man's" Ricardo Gathers. 
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

NYCoffey

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 11:48:06 AM »
Per Zagsblog he's visiting Kansas this weekend.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
Per Rivals looks like SJU is out as it says he is down to IU, Kansas and Okie St.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:21:44 PM by fordham96 »

DFF6

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 06:55:52 PM »
Oh well. It's God's Gift or bust for effective remaining big men for 2011

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 07:16:15 PM »
Per Rivals looks like SJU is out as it says he is down to IU, Kansas and Okie St.

That's fine with me.  I'd rather stashed those scholarships and focus on Anderson and Gathers.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:16:43 PM by mjdinkins »

kjd01067

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »

That's fine with me.  I'd rather stashed those scholarships and focus on Anderson and Gathers.

Agreed MJD. I would love to have 2 schollies available for gathers and anderson

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 10:36:29 AM »
Traylor is still out there:
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/apr/25/gary-bedores-ku-basketball-recruiting-notebook/

• Jamari Traylor, a 6-7 power forward from IMG Academies in Bradenton, Fla., reportedly did not commit to KU on his weekend visit. Traylor, who visited Oklahoma State two weeks ago, has said he may visit Texas Tech. He also has visited Indiana and has had a list that includes St. John’s, Memphis, Tennessee and Mississippi State.

sju89tr

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 10:40:59 AM »
It appears that we and Indiana are out although I hope we somehow get him in for a visit. We need the help up front.

Moose

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 11:05:29 AM »
It appears that we and Indiana are out although I hope we somehow get him in for a visit. We need the help up front.

I think its GG and a wrap for this year and then look at 3 players in 2012.
Remember who broke the Slice news