Ishmail Wainwright - SF - Raytown South - Raytown, MO - BAYLOR

• 263 replies
Re: Ishmail Wainwright - SF - Raytown South - Raytown, MO - BAYLOR
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2012, 04:04:54 PM »
We didn't need Ish, but I thought we had him. Oh well, it's going to be tough to get Jordan and Martin. Got to put full court press on Lawrence. I assume 2 ships but we probably need to get involved with a few other kids.

Think you're right Ted.   No reason to panic, but getting Jordan, Martin and Jermaine will be tough.    Wouldn't be surprised if we open our net a little wider just to protect ourselves.

I'm sure we already have. I would be extremely surprised if we dont get at least one of Jordan/Martin/Lawrence

« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2012, 05:58:50 PM »
Interesting since SJU is a Catholic school but apparently religion and "Christian atmosphere" were big reasons why he chose Baylor:

The 2013 6-foot-6 small forward out of Montrose Christian (MD), by way of Kansas City, gave a verbal commitment to Baylor.

"The Christian atmosphere and school separated it from everywhere else," he told Rivals.com. "My father, Calvin, and mother, Mary, are both very religious and my mother is a minister. We felt very comfortable with it in that regard."

"The staff is great and it is close to home. My family sat down and spoke about it and was all for it."

http://recruitscoop.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1424333

Baylor built on strong spiritual base.

http://www.baylor.edu/student_life/?_buref=661-48570

Oh I absolutely know about Baylor but I just found it ironic that maybe if he had visited SJU and found out about the Catholic tradition here he may have been swayed by that as well.

Being that his Mom's a minister I'm betting he's not Catholic.

smitjazz14

« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2014, 03:36:07 AM »
It was really great to watch Ishmail wainwirght in Raytown, MO. Anyone here knows that when will be the next basketball tournament will held in Raytown?

« Reply #263 on: March 03, 2015, 12:49:48 AM »
Forgot all about this kid. Only averaging 10 minutes a game this year.