Sean Kilpatrick - SG - White Plains SHS - White Plains, NY - CINCINNATI

• 125 replies

kjd01067

Stacey Davis
RedStormReport.com Staff Writer

The storm is a brewing for Sean Kilpatrick this month with an official visit to be made to St. John's after his season ends.

Sean Kilpatrick to check out the Johnnies
Gerard Jones, Kilpatrick's advisor in the recruitment process, spoke with The Red Storm Report about his future plans; "After heavy consideration and talking, it over with all parties involved in his recruitment process Sean decided to take his official visit after his season is finish. This would give Sean the chance to; focus on the playoffs because his team has a very good chance at returning to the section-1 AA championship."

Sean is currently picking up even more steam with his outstanding senior year drawing high interest from ACC schools Miami, and Wake Forest. The University of Miami was recently up before Sean's first playoff game to watch him at practice.

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=776577

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 09:41:12 PM by kjd01067 »

Re: Kilpatrick to make official visit
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:04:12 AM »
interesting....just wondering with sutton and dan jennings already offered, kilpatrick will be the third....i thought we only have 2 schollies available.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 09:35:33 AM »
He waitin to see what happen wit coach.
Smart move by G. 
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 11:15:53 AM »
interesting....just wondering with sutton and dan jennings already offered, kilpatrick will be the third....i thought we only have 2 schollies available.
We've got a few other schollies out there-- multiple 2009 guys, etc.  When a player accepts, does the school have to accept the acceptance, btw? Or can they say that they're waiting for other players to respond?

mkras99

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 12:14:48 PM »
We've got a few other schollies out there-- multiple 2009 guys, etc.  When a player accepts, does the school have to accept the acceptance, btw? Or can they say that they're waiting for other players to respond?

Ask Gary Payton that question :)

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 12:17:41 PM »
i have a feeling kilpatrick really does like stj.   we got a good chance at him.  he may not even be a 08 recruit though.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 01:57:06 PM »

Ask Gary Payton that question :)

hahaha so did we give his daughter a full ride to make up for that?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 01:59:51 PM »
theres at least close to 20  4-stars or better recruits that has not committed or signed according to scout....have we even smelled these guys or has the recruiting halted on kilpatricks decision? despirate times call for despirate measures....

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 09:32:21 PM »
He probably wants to see if Hewitt is at the helm.  If that's the case, he probably knows they'll recruit over him in '09.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 09:56:29 PM »
Kilpatrick might be waiting on grades too or is he totally qualified maybe theo can shed some light on that. Also Kilpatrick likes Norm because he was there from the start for him. 1st one to recruit him
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 03:18:26 PM »
Smart move by G. 

exactly. a new coach and it could be a wise decision to stay home.

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »
Smart move by G. 

Well I guess coach is gonna be here...time to sign up Sean!!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 04:38:29 AM »
theres at least close to 20  4-stars or better recruits that has not committed or signed according to scout....have we even smelled these guys or has the recruiting halted on kilpatricks decision? despirate times call for despirate measures....
This is St. John's with Norm Roberts at the helm in year 4.
Those guys have far better options. Be realistic.
A benchwarmer like Kilpatrick is all Norm could waste another scholarship on.

Randomhero423

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 01:28:53 PM »
we really need a pg.  kilpatrick is better off somewhere else.

mkras99

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 01:46:16 PM »
I'm guessing we'll soon be moving this thread to 2009.

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 02:15:42 PM »
Because of his self-induced academic situation.

kjd01067

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing him preping for a year and then he could take Mase's scholly in '09.  That way we dont have to worry about him qualifying and I really think that extra year usually helps kids.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 03:45:32 PM »

you have no idea about his academic situation.  you have also said on this thread that he may not be a good enough player to play in the big east.  tell me, have you seen sean kilpatrick play before?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 03:56:58 PM »

you have no idea about his academic situation.  you have also said on this thread that he may not be a good enough player to play in the big east.  tell me, have you seen sean kilpatrick play before?
Do you know that he's had to go to a "special" school within the White Plains school district, thereby allowing him to play for the hs basketball team?
I never wrote,  "he may not be a good enough player to play in the big east." He will ride the bench at a BE program.
He's better off attending a mid-major that can keep him elgible for four years.
In answer to your last question, yes, of course, I have seen him play.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 04:01:56 PM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 10:13:49 PM »
true, but much of his issue is not self induced.  if he improves his handle and off the ball defense he is without a doubt a high major impact player.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap