Get Well crgreen - Prayers to crgreen

• 201 replies

kjd01067

Get Well crgreen - Prayers to crgreen
« on: January 14, 2012, 05:29:45 PM »
A mea culpa......me,  the biggest Lavin Honk there is, and I let  myself seriously underestimate Steve.   

Over the last months we've been posting on MAYBE we could get Momo Jones.   Hey, VT's BACKUP pg is transferring, maybe we can get him....etc.

Instead, Steve is targeting another top 40 recruit, who'll come in with three years of eligibility (those others each had only 2...).   And lands him.   

Maybe the illness was affecting my optimism!

Hey cr it is great to see you back posting regularly. I hope everything is going well and you are feeling well.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:59:51 AM by kjd01067 »

crgreen

Re: Re: Jamal Branch - PG - Texas A&M Transfer - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 05:45:58 PM »
A mea culpa......me,  the biggest Lavin Honk there is, and I let  myself seriously underestimate Steve.   

Over the last months we've been posting on MAYBE we could get Momo Jones.   Hey, VT's BACKUP pg is transferring, maybe we can get him....etc.

Instead, Steve is targeting another top 40 recruit, who'll come in with three years of eligibility (those others each had only 2...).   And lands him.   

Hey cr it is great to see you back posting regularly. I hope everything is going well and you are feeling well.

Still alive!   Not that much left of me tho - officially lost  136 lbs since treatment started in September...

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 06:12:11 PM »

Still alive!   Not that much left of me tho - officially lost  136 lbs since treatment started in September...

Stay strong my prayers are with you!

MCNPA

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 06:36:38 PM »

All of us are pulling for you.

LJSA

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 06:42:21 PM »

I'm really hoping that you were 316 pounds.

And it can't be said too many times, it's great to see you posting regularly.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 06:49:41 PM »

Hang in there cr.. u are in our prayers
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 06:50:42 PM by action jackson »

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 06:53:49 PM »

Keep fighting brother, we got you in our thoughts & prayers

crgreen

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 08:38:44 PM »

"Luckily" - I was 6'4.5, 340 lbs to start.   Last time I was 204 I was 14 years old....

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 08:43:05 PM »

"Luckily" - I was 6'4.5, 340 lbs to start.   Last time I was 204 I was 14 years old....

Crgreen, are you able to go out and recruit?

Just kidding buddy,best of luck to ya

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 12:56:49 AM »

Ditto to this post by '80. 

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 01:53:05 AM »

Ditto to this post by '80. 

Keep fightin CR. And from the looks of those numbers you must of been a pretty good highschool center huh?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Re: Get Well crgreen - Prayers to crgreen
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 03:30:02 PM »
Good luck and God Bless to one of the more knowledgeable posters on this site.
Wish you good health!

desco80

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 03:47:11 PM »
Be well CR.   The boards are always more informed and entertaining when you're involved. 

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep fighting. I always love ur insight on our recruits.

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 09:47:22 PM »
Green,you play ball at all?

crgreen

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 10:07:59 PM »

Played HS ball.   Have a bad heart that prevented me playing college.  Played pickkup balll instead till my knees gave out in my late 50's.  Played pickup ball with most of the Bruins of the 50's, 60's and 70s.   Played a lOT of pickup ball after I moved to Bloomington Indiana in the mid 70's as I had a cousin on the Hoosiers.   Banged  bodies with Bird, May, Benson, Wilkerson, Buckner, Abernathy and yes, Steve Green :)

Of course, I was running the local Pizza Hut, so providing slices and beer afterwards helped me get into the games as my knees were gving out by then....

derk

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 10:38:47 AM »

Played HS ball.   Have a bad heart that prevented me playing college.  Played pickkup balll instead till my knees gave out in my late 50's.  Played pickup ball with most of the Bruins of the 50's, 60's and 70s.   Played a lOT of pickup ball after I moved to Bloomington Indiana in the mid 70's as I had a cousin on the Hoosiers.   Banged  bodies with Bird, May, Benson, Wilkerson, Buckner, Abernathy and yes, Steve Green :)

Of course, I was running the local Pizza Hut, so providing slices and beer afterwards helped me get into the games as my knees were gving out by then....

While I missed your posting, I wasn't aware it was because of an illness. Anyway, I'm glad you're back and apparently feeling better. Stay strong. Wish you the best.

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »
Best wishes on a very quick recovery CRGreen!  Always look forward to your well-informed posts on Lavin and the program and hope to be able to read them for a long time!

jayro

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 11:40:45 AM »
Best wishes and prayers for a quick recovery.

sju89tr

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 11:46:50 AM »
Get well soon, you good health is my thoughts