DJ kennedy

• 98 replies

derk

Re: DJ kennedy
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2014, 09:50:17 AM »
D.J. Kennedy vs. TUL (28 points, 13 rebounds, 10 assists)

I miss him.

Thank you for posting this. I miss him too.

Me too . Of course everything is relative to the level of competition, but he looks too good to not get a shot at the league. What do you think - perhaps 1/2 step slow and more consistent shooting ?
[/quote]

paultzman

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2014, 11:51:59 AM »
@TroyMauriello: D.J. Kennedy signs with Russian team Krasny Oktyabr. #sjubb http://t.co/HkVYOx9fPW

paultzman

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2014, 06:24:01 PM »
@sportando: Former Cleveland Cavaleirs DJ Kennedy left @VTBUnitedLeague team @bcredoctober, per sources

Russian team

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2015, 06:24:28 PM »
The Toronto Raptors and Chicago Bulls are among four NBA teams that have shown an interest in swingman D.J. Kennedy, a potential candidate for the Most Valuable Player award in the top German league, sources told RealGM.

Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2015, 12:19:36 PM »
Still unbelievable to me that he isn't playing in the NBA. He's probably twice the player at this point than Moe/Jakarr are, and that's taking nothing against them.

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2015, 01:44:32 PM »
Who knows what Moe is though, he doesn't get to play.

Poison

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2015, 01:49:16 PM »
Who knows what Moe is though, he doesn't get to play.

He'd play, if he was good enough to play, and he's not good enough.

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2015, 02:32:17 PM »
I mean he averaged 7.4 points on 46% shooting in 80 games/25 min in his sophomore campaign.

Simmons and Zach Lowe did a whole segment on their podcast about how a team should steal him in a trade and then discussed how amazing he would be as a team player on the Spurs.

So pretty sure people still think he has upside for a 22 year old 15th pick in the draft.

QuanMan

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2015, 02:59:07 PM »
0404, that's a fascinating point, and raises a really interesting argument.

DJ, Moe, and Jakarr are all standout talents and it'll be really cool to see all 3 of them in the league at the same time.

Nevertheless, one thing that has to be recognized is that if/when DJ does get his next call up, it'll mark an era of 3 consecutive Small Forwards over the course of 8 years that the program has developed and put in in the league. That's a terrific stat for recruiting.  When Chris and Sheed enter the league there could potentially be 5 St. John's NBA active players! Credit should be paid to Rico/Tony/Whitesell/Martin on the in game development over the past 5 years.

Section 3
Section 116

wpc77

« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2015, 11:04:14 PM »
That's a lot of "if's".   There's a good chance that none of those 5 are in the league next year

Poison

« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2015, 11:43:08 PM »
0404, that's a fascinating point, and raises a really interesting argument.

DJ, Moe, and Jakarr are all standout talents and it'll be really cool to see all 3 of them in the league at the same time.

Nevertheless, one thing that has to be recognized is that if/when DJ does get his next call up, it'll mark an era of 3 consecutive Small Forwards over the course of 8 years that the program has developed and put in in the league. That's a terrific stat for recruiting.  When Chris and Sheed enter the league there could potentially be 5 St. John's NBA active players! Credit should be paid to Rico/Tony/Whitesell/Martin on the in game development over the past 5 years.

None of them are stand out talents or their talent would be standing out.

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2015, 11:47:00 PM »
Sir dom maybe the best defense player in college don't sleep on him extending that SF streak on a late 2nd round pick. Seen worst players get draft,  would be a super long!
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2015, 12:20:49 AM »
Sir dom maybe the best defense player in college don't sleep on him extending that SF streak on a late 2nd round pick. Seen worst players get draft,  would be a super long!

I thought posters here had long dispelled the idea that Dom was a good defensive player.  Some say he is outright bad on D.  Of course, Carlino may feel differently.

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2015, 05:45:58 PM »
Love Prez. Great all around game.  He scored, he passed, he rebounded, he defended.  He was Costco before Costco. Shame he got hurt before that Gonzaga game.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:23:23 PM by carmineabbatiello »

QuanMan

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2015, 06:06:53 PM »
I started that argument preseason in September, saying Dom was the best defender in college basketball, and has a real shot at getting drafted this year. I was laughed at.
Section 3
Section 116

Moose

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2015, 06:09:45 PM »
I started that argument preseason in September, saying Dom was the best defender in college basketball, and has a real shot at getting drafted this year. I was laughed at.

In the past Dom has been charged with covering ball handlers.  And he was exposed quite a few times.  But if he is tasked with covering pure shooters like Carlino or bigger guys he can be the pest of all pests.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2015, 08:01:38 PM »

In the past Dom has been charged with covering ball handlers.  And he was exposed quite a few times.  But if he is tasked with covering pure shooters like Carlino or bigger guys he can be the pest of all pests.

Agree with this. I was one who said he was a bad on ball defender. This year he has been phenomenal on the defensive side. I think dom is really going to have a great end to the season.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2015, 08:07:27 PM »

Agree with this. I was one who said he was a bad on ball defender. This year he has been phenomenal on the defensive side. I think dom is really going to have a great end to the season.
Hopefully the team does.