Around Big East

• 3954 replies

Poison

Re: around the big east
« Reply #2480 on: January 22, 2015, 10:11:58 PM »
C'mon Baldi.  He played well at the end but he hasn't done much for Depaul this year.  Not time yet for the coronation.

Scored 11 points in 15 mins. Would be nice having him the next 2 years. But we got Felx

Did we pass up Wood for Felix?

He had one good game. Amar Alibegovic and Myles Stewart have each had one good game too. Wood is a Juco transferred that initially committed to STJ in some manor shape or form, and then for whatever reason, possibly his grades, he was no longer ours.

I agree with the sentiment above. It took him a long time to get some real burn at Depaul. Let's see how he plays for the rest of the season.

« Reply #2481 on: January 22, 2015, 10:15:06 PM »
Doug Gottlieb @GottliebShow  ·  24m 24 minutes ago
When DePaul is in first place, your league isn’t any good

hate this pr$ck, his brother Gregg good dude. Doug reminds me of kids i use to beat up at Hebrew school.

Tough to argue at this point. They beat Hall and us

« Reply #2482 on: January 22, 2015, 10:18:07 PM »
C'mon Baldi.  He played well at the end but he hasn't done much for Depaul this year.  Not time yet for the coronation.

Scored 11 points in 15 mins. Would be nice having him the next 2 years. But we got Felx

Did we pass up Wood for Felix?

He had one good game. Amar Alibegovic and Myles Stewart have each had one good game too. Wood is a Juco transferred that initially committed to STJ in some manor shape or form, and then for whatever reason, possibly his grades, he was no longer ours.

I agree with the sentiment above. It took him a long time to get some real burn at Depaul. Let's see how he plays for the rest of the season.

Stewart had 9 points against Niagara. Not exactly a top 25 team like a Seton Hall. I doubt he's even here next year. Sampson just took all his minutes

« Reply #2483 on: January 22, 2015, 10:18:48 PM »

hate this pr$ck, his brother Gregg good dude. Doug reminds me of kids i use to beat up at Hebrew school.

Maybe they are better than people are giving them credit for.  Garrett is a hell of a player and a good pg can take a team real far.  See Uconn, circa last year.  And the Kemba year.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:19:19 PM by simplyred »

« Reply #2484 on: January 22, 2015, 10:20:52 PM »

Maybe they are better than people are giving them credit for.  Garrett is a hell of a player and a good pg can take a team real far.  See Uconn, circa last year.  And the Kemba year.

Can you name another player on the Team? Other than the 2 mentioned" I can't
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:25:36 PM by Marco Baldi »

paultzman

« Reply #2485 on: January 22, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »
Pot amply stirred. Nicely done Baldi.

« Reply #2486 on: January 22, 2015, 10:28:21 PM »
Pot amply stirred. Nicely done Baldi.

Maybe Gottlieb. Not me

« Reply #2487 on: January 22, 2015, 10:33:09 PM »

I can, but I've watched several of their games this year.

« Reply #2488 on: January 22, 2015, 10:33:54 PM »

Ah. Think they are the real deal?

« Reply #2489 on: January 22, 2015, 10:55:22 PM »

I think they are playing better than they really are, right now.  I think Garrett is an excellent pg and has been the reason for their success.  Myke Henry and Jaymie Crockett are good players.  Their two bigs, Forrest Robinson (soft) and Tommy Hamilton (no contribution) are not that impressive.  If we weren't such a weak rebounding team, we would have beaten them even with an injured Dlo.

Edit:  Stimage are contributes on both ends of the floor.
2nd edit:  If we had Garrett, we would have a solid tourney team.  Much better that Jordan.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:57:37 PM by simplyred »

« Reply #2490 on: January 22, 2015, 11:13:30 PM »
We didn't take Felix over Wood

paultzman

« Reply #2491 on: January 22, 2015, 11:14:35 PM »

I think they are playing better than they really are, right now.  I think Garrett is an excellent pg and has been the reason for their success.  Myke Henry and Jaymie Crockett are good players.  Their two bigs, Forrest Robinson (soft) and Tommy Hamilton (no contribution) are not that impressive.  If we weren't such a weak rebounding team, we would have beaten them even with an injured Dlo.

Edit:  Stimage are contributes on both ends of the floor.
2nd edit:  If we had Garrett, we would have a solid tourney team.  Much better that Jordan.
Agree, Garrett is a well schooled, smart & talented player who is always under control. Solid!

TONYD3

« Reply #2492 on: January 23, 2015, 10:02:40 AM »
Read the DePaul board before our game . They were down on him, saying he shoots to much and ball hog . I agree with u guys . I think he is good.

TONYD3

« Reply #2493 on: January 24, 2015, 12:26:29 PM »
depaul is putting a beat down onXAvier. Still early but down 12 with 10 min left 1sr half

Poison

« Reply #2494 on: January 24, 2015, 12:35:04 PM »
depaul is putting a beat down onXAvier. Still early but down 12 with 10 min left 1sr half

If you play zone against them, you are helping them out. We'll see if there is an adjustment.

« Reply #2495 on: January 26, 2015, 01:32:00 AM »
Both Seton Hall and Creighton got pasted today. Butler probably moves into top 25

NYCoffey

« Reply #2496 on: January 29, 2015, 03:00:09 PM »
Providence is thumping DePaul right now. Dunn is looking good.

« Reply #2497 on: February 03, 2015, 11:24:13 PM »
Seton Hall lost to DePaul again.

goredmen

« Reply #2498 on: February 04, 2015, 11:45:50 PM »
Providence wins @ Gtown and Creighton wins @ Xavier. Not sure what to make of this conference

« Reply #2499 on: February 07, 2015, 02:13:05 PM »
Marquette with their first road win in a year.   They've just beaten Seton Hall without, IMO, their best player in Matt Carlino.