Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies

Foad

Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2015, 12:54:58 PM »
Chris Mullin reached out to Christ the King coach @ctkcoachjarbs yesterday & Arbitello said @Iam_RawleAlkins would love to hear from Mullin.

As per Zags
Whatever the issues are with Arbitello, clearly its not to much for other programs who has had more success than we have this past decade to put up with. Go get him coach!

It sounded more like he didn't like Lavin.  So, that already puts one at a far greater disadvantage than others.

so what happens when Arbs asks for a walkon spot again, does he get pissed off at us again?

Here's a crazy thought. Instead of giving walk on spots to kids from CA and GA you give them to local kids in exchange for future goodwill. And instead of scheduling pre conference games against crappy schools from Northern CA because your daddy grew up there you schedule local schools and give local kids get a chance to get their heads kicked in by a storied local program, also for future good will.

boo3

« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2015, 06:54:12 PM »
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria

Chris Mullin called 2016 CTK G @Iam_RawleAlkins today and offered him a scholarship, @ctkcoachjarbs tells @SNYtv

paultzman

« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2015, 07:44:15 PM »
@Iam_RawleAlkins: Finally got that St.Johns Offer I've been wanting !

« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2015, 07:48:32 PM »
Gotta say I never really looked at him because it never looked like we would get him. He is wayy more skilled than I thought he'd be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xai0SLh9bZg
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:56:27 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

hnk

« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2015, 07:54:53 PM »
he can shoot too.

« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2015, 10:02:15 PM »
I said a  week ago he will  look smooth in red and white

pmg911

« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2015, 09:13:38 AM »
Lets see where he ends up next year.

MCNPA

« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2015, 09:38:12 AM »
Lets see where he ends up next year.

He should play in nepsac for a year.  I always liked nepsac groomed players. Other options are getting an early commit and steering him somewhere that would continue to build goodwill... 😉
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:39:53 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2015, 09:38:41 AM »

this is pretty funny.  i doubt he makes this type of comment if zach doesn't write the stories last week.  sounds like a kid riding the media attention. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2015, 09:43:22 AM »

this is pretty funny.  i doubt he makes this type of comment if zach doesn't write the stories last week.  sounds like a kid riding the media attention. 

Why assume the negative about a kid you know nothing about? Perhaps he's a city kid through and through and wants to stay home.  We'll find out.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2015, 11:06:11 AM »
Would love to see NY kid Alkins verbal here soon. That would be a huge statement 

« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2015, 11:12:29 AM »
Would love to see NY kid Alkins verbal here soon. That would be a huge statement
First Brandon, then Alkins would be the 1-2 punch to jump start recruiting

« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2015, 11:15:48 AM »

Why assume the negative about a kid you know nothing about? Perhaps he's a city kid through and through and wants to stay home.  We'll find out.

why do you assume i'm being negative? 

« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2015, 11:44:17 AM »

Nice statement but won't matter much unless he gets his grades in order (from what others have said).

« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »

boo3

« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2015, 12:25:37 PM »
How good is this kid.   Was talking to someone yesterday, who I respect their opinion,  and they said he was decent but by no means a star..   Basically said borderline BE talent.... Any truth to that?

« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2015, 12:51:44 PM »
How good is this kid.   Was talking to someone yesterday, who I respect their opinion,  and they said he was decent but by no means a star..   Basically said borderline BE talent.... Any truth to that?

If you watch the video from above, what I like about it is that it's not a highlight video of 90% dunks. It's mixed with a lot of him shooting the rock from not only behind the three, but inside the three point line with some fade away jumpers.

« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2015, 02:33:25 PM »

If you watch the video from above, what I like about it is that it's not a highlight video of 90% dunks. It's mixed with a lot of him shooting the rock from not only behind the three, but inside the three point line with some fade away jumpers.

I have seen him twice, including the Big Strick, which that video features.  Small sample size but he seems out of control at times and thought he looked a little out of shape last summer.  Definitely talented but he did not stand out among other McD AA types.  Reminded me of Lance Stephenson a little. 

Johnny23

« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2015, 02:43:33 PM »
The kid's got an NBA body already for a 2 guard. Very well built and looks explosive. Would be a great get to re-open the city pipeline again.

« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2015, 03:04:57 PM »

I have seen him twice, including the Big Strick, which that video features.  Small sample size but he seems out of control at times and thought he looked a little out of shape last summer.  Definitely talented but he did not stand out among other McD AA types.  Reminded me of Lance Stephenson a little. 

That was my thought.  He reminds me of Lance.  Big and strong for his age.  He looks a bit off balance on his jumpers.  Always fading away.  He may have to work on that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:09:52 PM by simplyred »