Marillac

Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #242 on: April 24, 2015, 12:44:13 PM »
If he ends up at Brewster we aint getting him LOL

Two things.

1. Staff is different now
2. I think Brewster is a UA school now.

That is true hopefully this staff can do a netter job with Smith 

Landing Durand Johnson would be a good start.

« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2015, 05:17:20 PM »
Spoke to someone who works at CTK who knows Rawle. Supposedly Rawle wants SJU and wants to stay in NY. Let's see if this comes true

sju89tr

« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2015, 05:51:28 PM »
Spoke to someone who works at CTK who knows Rawle. Supposedly Rawle wants SJU and wants to stay in NY. Let's see if this comes true

He can be the next pied piper lol

« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2015, 05:59:20 PM »

with our fights in the locker room we don't need a pied piper we need roddy peiper

« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2015, 05:59:46 PM »
Diallo will be lol

Marillac

« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2015, 08:02:59 PM »

with our fights in the locker room we don't need a pied piper we need roddy peiper

All of our NY kids were involved in the fight. Maybe we should look elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:04:30 PM by Marillac »

paultzman

« Reply #248 on: April 25, 2015, 08:09:57 AM »
@jerrymeyer247: Seven schools recruiting Rawle Alkins the hardest via @BLUEChip_Miller & @247Sports http://t.co/YdBlIgwAry

« Reply #249 on: April 25, 2015, 03:34:31 PM »
Retweeted by Alkins

Thomas Bryant was here to watch Rawle Alkins and told him "We can take IU by storm." #iubb

« Reply #250 on: April 26, 2015, 01:35:36 PM »
Per Zags (by way of  Matt Jessen-Howard)..... 

Scholarships have come in bunches for the consensus four-star prospect. Alkins holds offers from Cincinnati, Florida, Florida State, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Maryland, Miami (FL), Minnesota, N.C. State, Rutgers, Seton Hall, South Florida, St. John’s, and Villanova. Coaches from
Cincinnati, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Minnesota, Rutgers, and St. John’s attended his Saturday morning game against Team Loaded Virginia.

Perhaps his most talked about offer in the last week has been the offer that St. John’s head coach Chris Mullin extended. Mullin, a member of the Naismith Hall of Fame, has generated a lot of buzz throughout the East Coast. His staff is full of coaches with New York City connections, including Barry “Slice” Rohrssen, who developed a close relationship with Alkins during his time as a Kentucky assistant.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/rawle-alkins-says-st-johns-is-working-hard-to-land-him/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 01:37:11 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #252 on: April 29, 2015, 01:18:17 AM »
@AdamZagoria: 2016 G @Iam_RawleAlkins added offers today from Georgetown & Wake Forest.
Better late than never.

« Reply #253 on: April 29, 2015, 11:37:41 AM »
This kid enjoys playing the recruiting game...and playing our staff.

Lavin knew better than to offer.

I don't care that Mullin still has keys to all the local gyms...and neither does Alkins.

I hope our recruiting net is coast to coast...including Europe.

« Reply #254 on: April 29, 2015, 12:42:52 PM »
http://www.insidethehall.com/2015/04/27/rawle-alkins-a-priority-for-indiana-in-class-of-2016/
In the mind of every recruit - “I want to be able to say, when it’s all said and done, I could have went there too, when everyone talks about their recruitment,” Alkins said. “Any school.”

goredmen

« Reply #255 on: April 29, 2015, 08:45:31 PM »
This kid enjoys playing the recruiting game...and playing our staff.

Lavin knew better than to offer.

I don't care that Mullin still has keys to all the local gyms...and neither does Alkins.

I hope our recruiting net is coast to coast...including Europe.

Yeah it always makes sense to not even offer a scholarship to a 5 star player 10 minutes from campus. Get real

goredmen

« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2015, 08:51:29 PM »
The anti-Rawle people on this board boggle my mind. Who cares that he MIGHT be playing us and that he forgot to say SJU in an interview. It doesn't hurt one bit to recruit this kid. We are already recruiting Heron so whenever the staff goes to see him in AAU they can see Rawle too. Plus, even though he won't be playing at CTK next year and still might not come here, recruiting him builds good will among CTK and the CHSAA.

Everybody cheered and roared when Mullin said he was going to make NYC a priority. Now people want him to forget about a 5 star kid in the same borough as our school. Yeah, that makes sense

Marillac

« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2015, 10:04:57 PM »
http://www.msgvarsity.com/2015-all-metro-boys-basketball-special-player-and-coach-of-the-year-1.1699671

We have to land this kid.  He's a NYC guy through and through.  He looked like he was going to tear up when he spoke about leaving for his senior year.

What an amazing interview.  Great kid.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:05:58 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2015, 10:30:34 PM »
http://www.msgvarsity.com/2015-all-metro-boys-basketball-special-player-and-coach-of-the-year-1.1699671

We have to land this kid.  He's a NYC guy through and through.  He looked like he was going to tear up when he spoke about leaving for his senior year.

I don't understand the people on this board that are against this kid for some reason. He seems like a genuinely nice kid.

Marillac

« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2015, 11:53:57 PM »

I don't understand the people on this board that are against this kid for some reason. He seems like a genuinely nice kid.

I wasn't exactly for him because I was foolish enough to judge him (or anyone for that matter) without knowing anything about his character or personality.  The last dozen manchild type guys in the area that I've witnessed have been boneheads one way or another.  I don't want to name names here.

I just assumed he was the type of kid that dominated mostly because he was older and more physically advanced.  Now, I'm convinced he's the kind of kid that will be smart enough to be successful playing in games where he's not head and shoulders above everyone else physically.   

That was one of the best interviews I've seen a high school kid give.