Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies

paultzman

Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »
"Though the USA Select team got contributions from a number of players, it was New York's Rawle Alkins who had the strongest showing today, as he poured in 18 points in 25 minutes while going 7/8 from the floor. A powerfully built 6'4 shooting guard with terrific athleticism hailing from Christ the King Regional HS in New York, Alkins showed why he's one of the top scorers in the adidas Gauntlet where he averages 24.3 points per game for the NY Rens. Possessing terrific strength for a 16 year old, Alkins did an impressive job creating opportunities for himself by being aggressive attacking the basket. Converting a number of very athletic finishes to go along with a couple of makes from beyond the arc, his efficient scoring was a big reason the US Select Team was able to get the best of an older, more experienced French squad.

On top of his scoring, Alkins came up with a number of rebounds (5), along with a handful of assists, and did a nice job defensively. Using his quickness to pressure the ball and contesting a number of shots effectively with his leaping ability, Alkins stood out today, despite being the youngest player on the floor and one of the youngest players in the entire camp."

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3cJRu45dD
http://www.draftexpress.com

Johnny23

« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2015, 06:22:16 PM »
You can never have enough physical, athletic, driving guards. Heron or Alkins would be great gets for SJU, both would be a beastly combo.

paultzman

« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2015, 01:13:04 PM »
@franfraschilla: Just watched Rawle Atkins again. Could be as good a defender as I've seen in this high school class. And, scoring is a given.

goredmen

« Reply #283 on: June 07, 2015, 03:46:41 PM »
@franfraschilla: Just watched Rawle Atkins again. Could be as good a defender as I've seen in this high school class. And, scoring is a given.

But we should pass, right?

Marillac

« Reply #284 on: June 07, 2015, 11:02:03 PM »
Why is USA having so much trouble with these teams?

MCNPA

« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2015, 11:22:10 PM »
Nobody gonna pass on this kid.  It's fine to be skeptical as to whether he's really gonna end up here.  None of us really knows, but he's still worth pressing for, as long as we have options and no holes on the roster that are gaping.   I doubt you'll see this staff leave holes like that.

paultzman

« Reply #286 on: June 08, 2015, 08:32:30 AM »
Why is USA having so much trouble with these teams?

Just destroyed Greece by 42 and pulled upset by 11 in previous game.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:37:57 AM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2015, 08:35:22 AM »
@nbadraftnet: Rawle Alkins is in that Lance Stephenson, freakish strength / ATH / natural defender mold. Better maturity though

@nbadraftnet: 6-5 wing Rawle Alkins is a player on the rise. Just drained a 3. Has been great every game. #adidasEurocamp

« Reply #288 on: June 24, 2015, 08:03:09 PM »
I will reitterate , this needs to be our guy

« Reply #289 on: June 24, 2015, 08:41:34 PM »
Wow - a mature Lance (HS era)

« Reply #290 on: July 02, 2015, 08:24:49 PM »
It's official Rawle is leaving CTK not really a shocker:

https://twitter.com/Iam_RawleAlkins

Marillac

« Reply #291 on: July 03, 2015, 01:50:31 PM »

I really like this kid too, but there are great alternatives:  Heron, Ponds, Ahmed, Brown, and  Rowan (this year).  Can't get them all and Heron and Rowan seem very likely.  Would he be willing to come aboard with Rowan, Heron, and Ellison already in place? 

« Reply #292 on: July 03, 2015, 02:46:42 PM »

I really like this kid too, but there are great alternatives:  Heron, Ponds, Ahmed, Brown, and  Rowan (this year).  Can't get them all and Heron and Rowan seem very likely.  Would he be willing to come aboard with Rowan, Heron, and Ellison already in place? 

I'm not sure why people suggest alkins and heron can't play together.......they already do and it's worked out very well for both of them.   I agree with you marillac that it could be Be a little crowded but I don't think rawle is the type to be scared off by comp.  maybe rowan, heron and alkins could be on the floor at the same time with heron handling the ball. I don't think Ellison will keep a top prospect like alkins away, no offense to him.  All that said alkins recruitment is going to be an absolute circus but mullin seems like he wants to be one of the ring leaders making him a priority, so everybody get your Tylenol ready.  Will be interesting to see where he goes to prep.

Marillac

« Reply #293 on: July 03, 2015, 03:16:13 PM »

I'm not sure why people suggest alkins and heron can't play together.......they already do and it's worked out very well for both of them.   I agree with you marillac that it could be Be a little crowded but I don't think rawle is the type to be scared off by comp.  maybe rowan, heron and alkins could be on the floor at the same time with heron handling the ball. I don't think Ellison will keep a top prospect like alkins away, no offense to him.  All that said alkins recruitment is going to be an absolute circus but mullin seems like he wants to be one of the ring leaders making him a priority, so everybody get your Tylenol ready.  Will be interesting to see where he goes to prep.

I'm not suggesting the two can't play together. In fact, I would be extremely happy if we landed both.  At this point, though, we have to take the first to commit.  I think that will be Rowan and then Heron.  All of a sudden the wings become pretty crowded, and we would still be targeting Brown, Ponds, and Ahmed in addition to Alkins.  I just wonder how attractive we would remain to Alkins with top top 30 players at the wing positions with a top 100 kid with a year of experience as well.  Alkins doesn't seem like the kind of kid that would be turned off by a little competition.  I'd love to see a trio Heron, Rowan, and Alkins here.  Rowan is big enough to start as a PF with some added strength and those two monsters playing the two and three. 

I think Ellison is best suited for being a key reserve that backs up the two, three, and even PG as a point-forward type. 

« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2015, 04:43:54 PM »
Hearing our old friend Jason Smith at Brewster could be in play here.

QuanMan

« Reply #295 on: July 04, 2015, 01:25:39 PM »
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #296 on: July 05, 2015, 10:38:38 PM »
Hearing our old friend Jason Smith at Brewster could be in play here.

He's been on him for months and Brewster would clearly be the Vegas front-runner here, but I think there are better fits for a smart kid like Rawle.

It wouldn't be a bad sign to see him end up at a monster academic school like Phillips Exeter if St. Jean were to land as our DOBO.

paultzman

« Reply #297 on: July 09, 2015, 09:23:56 PM »
@Justin_Albers: Rawle Alkins put on a show in front of Tom Crean. He had 24 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists. The NY RENs are in the title game. #iubb

« Reply #298 on: July 09, 2015, 09:37:42 PM »
@Justin_Albers: Rawle Alkins put on a show in front of Tom Crean. He had 24 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists. The NY RENs are in the title game. #iubb

Atlanta and Augusta, SC are not that far apart.  My guess is Coach Mullin left the Jam this afternoon and made his way to Atlanta to watch Rawle and Heron as Slice and Matt stayed to watch Rowan and Yakwe.

I believe Crean did the same as he was in Atlanta earlier this afternoon.

« Reply #299 on: July 09, 2015, 10:14:50 PM »

Atlanta and Augusta, SC are not that far apart.  My guess is Coach Mullin left the Jam this afternoon and made his way to Atlanta to watch Rawle and Heron as Slice and Matt stayed to watch Rowan and Yakwe.

I believe Crean did the same as he was in Atlanta earlier this afternoon.

Crean did the same, as you mentioned. 

It's about an hour and a half to two hours from Atlanta to Augusta.