Bashir Ahmed - SF - JFK - Bronx, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 458 replies

sju89tr

Re: Bashir Ahmed - SF - JFK - Bronx, NY
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2015, 11:06:08 AM »
Paultzman....is the pizza for slice or for the Italian kid?

Don't open a detective agency :)

Just adding to the obvious & having some fun

I'm getting hungry now LOL You know I can't get good stuff like that here in LA.

Back on topic, some kids need to stay the 2 years in JUCO to get their AA as they are only partial or non qualifiers. If you get your AA you will no longer need an SAT or ACT score and they also make up for any core classes missed in HS.

A partial qualifier can go to JUCO for a year and make up the classes or get the SAT or ACT score they need on the sliding scale. (Higher GPA and lower SAT score for example)

Some kids just end up in JUCO to get a better 4 year offer later   
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:09:09 AM by sju89tr »

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2015, 01:04:01 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille
Also, OSNA"s Kassoum Yakwe and JUCO standout Bashir Ahmed visiting #sjubb unofficially this weekend, source says.

Marillac

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2015, 01:05:21 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille
Also, OSNA"s Kassoum Yakwe and JUCO standout Bashir Ahmed visiting #sjubb unofficially this weekend, source says.

Braziller messing with Marillac for pay back? 

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2015, 07:18:46 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille

Braziller messing with Marillac for pay back?
Marillawhack

Happy

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2015, 07:52:38 PM »
Staff is all over him.. Kid is a pro scorer

MCNPA

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2015, 08:14:42 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille

That makes it a pretty big weekend for us, not only for the 15' class, but the 16' class as well.  Ahmed is excellent at going to the basket with both hands.  Hard to stop off the dribble.  Nice to hear they are visiting.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:16:13 PM by MCNPA »

paultzman

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2015, 08:18:47 PM »
Staff is all over him.. Kid is a pro scorer

He really has improved his outside shot since his JFK, the Bronx, days if I am recalling correctly.

PIB

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2015, 06:16:28 PM »
I worked at JFK for a few years, and always wondered if Bashir would be a Johnnie, or if we'd show interest.

Sounds like the staff is on him, and are living up to their word of recruiting NY hard.

I dig the approach.

Our backyard is so fertile, that we really only need an out of state prospect or two per year.  Staff is taking the right approach, which is promising. They are leaving no stone unturned.

Love the direction we are heading in.

sju89tr

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2015, 06:41:31 PM »
I worked at JFK for a few years, and always wondered if Bashir would be a Johnnie, or if we'd show interest.

Sounds like the staff is on him, and are living up to their word of recruiting NY hard.

I dig the approach.

Our backyard is so fertile, that we really only need an out of state prospect or two per year.  Staff is taking the right approach, which is promising. They are leaving no stone unturned.

I think the staff will look primarily at high scvhool kids for 2016 so adding a Juco like Ahmed will be ideal 

Marillac

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2015, 07:28:14 PM »

I dig the approach.

I think the staff will look primarily at high scvhool kids for 2016 so adding a Juco like Ahmed will be ideal 

If the grad transfer rule hasn't been amended to force them to sit out, I think we'll nab another 1-2.  We lose Johnson, M'Vouika, Obekpa, Balamou, and Jones at a minimum...perhaps Jordan as well.  That is a lot to lose without replacing with experienced guys.  This is what makes picking up Larrier so important.  Larrier, Owens, and Ahmed could help soften that blow. 

TONYD3

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2015, 07:56:17 PM »

I dig the approach.

Think I coached against him . He killed us.

PIB

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2015, 05:22:10 AM »

I dig the approach.

Sure would. Balancing out the roster is vital.

PIB

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2015, 05:22:32 AM »

I dig the approach.

Think I coached against him . He killed us.

Great player, tons of upside.

paultzman

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2015, 10:29:20 AM »
Matt A has long time relationship with Bashir, having recruited him to ISU. I sense that could pay off. We'll see.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 10:29:45 AM by paultzman »

sju89tr

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2015, 12:01:50 PM »
Matt A has long time relationship with Bashir, having recruited him to ISU. I sense that could pay off. We'll see.

Would be nice to get 2016 started soon after we finish off these last 2 ships for 2015.

Moose

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »

I'll take Bashir and Heron.

As much it would pain me to hear he popped for Iona first.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Wods317

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2015, 12:13:32 AM »
http://zagsblog.com/st-johns/juco-star-bashir-ahmed-enjoys-st-johns-visit-on-big-recruiting-weekend/

Kid really seemed to enjoy the visit. Other then him committing to us doesn't seem like it could have gone much better. Would be a great start to a hugely important '16 class.

Marillac

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2015, 07:51:30 AM »
Great quotes.  This kid's ceiling is crazy. He has true first round potential if he can smooth out the few rough areas of his game and put on some weight.

paultzman

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2015, 12:38:06 PM »
Sensing staff wants to get a commitment soon;

@JucoRecruiting: Bashir Ahmed (6'6/2016/Hutchinson CC) holds offers from Cinci, Rutgers, St. John's + others: http://t.co/kXNTi3b6J1 http://t.co/uzHJtxuEy9