Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 730 replies
Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #620 on: April 10, 2014, 03:39:03 PM »
Not too concerned about 250 - 260 as long as he's in decent shape. But for every 1/8 th of an inch he's below 6' 11' I'll be very pissed.

Wow, someone needs some perspective.  :idiot2:

And someone needs a sense of humor.

derk

« Reply #621 on: April 10, 2014, 03:47:51 PM »
Not too concerned about 250 - 260 as long as he's in decent shape. But for every 1/8 th of an inch he's below 6' 11' I'll be very pissed.

It's a running joke on this site about lack of 7 footers and/or guys who consistently measure  1 or 2 inches below their reported height. But as an interloper you wouldn't know that.

Wow, someone needs some perspective.  :idiot2:

Tiznow

« Reply #623 on: April 10, 2014, 08:27:56 PM »
Man CR and his tangents ;)

I am all for taking risks but I don't know if we are there with scholarship distribution yet.

Certainly wasn't thinking for this class.   But we definately lose Orlando, Gift and Marco after next season.  Very likely Jakarr and possibly D'Lo.   So at least 4 rides and possibly 5,  with a core of Jordan, Green, Branch, Pointer, Balamou, Obekpa, Hooper, and Jones  back for 2015.  We'll need bigs anyway - if we get an elite big, that would be terrific.  But if not, more than willing for Steve to take an end of the bench roster spot flyer on a Ryan Hollins or Mike Fey.   In his 9 years as a head coach Steve Lavin has only signed 4 scholarship players over 6'9 - Dan Gadzuric, Jerome Moiso, Ryan Hollins and Mike Fey.  Gadzuric and Moiso were elite, early contributors.  Hollins and Fey were "sleeper" project guys, who developed over time in the program.   All but Fey were NBA players, Fey was a 15/8 guy in the NBDL, with a real nice Euro career.

Now here was a guy who was worth reading.  It's interesting reading the first few pages of posts on the early recruitment of this kid.  Would people say he had a better senior season than expected?  He did go out as a champ. 

« Reply #624 on: April 11, 2014, 10:15:39 AM »
looks like the de la Rosa's are already fitting in with the team:

Joey Delarosa @DelarosaJoey
Beautiful day out in New York City today

Phil Greene IV @philgreene31
@DelarosaJoey okkkk Joey lol

Joey Delarosa @DelarosaJoey
@philgreene31 started already lol

« Reply #625 on: April 11, 2014, 02:19:22 PM »

I am all for taking risks but I don't know if we are there with scholarship distribution yet.

Certainly wasn't thinking for this class.   But we definately lose Orlando, Gift and Marco after next season.  Very likely Jakarr and possibly D'Lo.   So at least 4 rides and possibly 5,  with a core of Jordan, Green, Branch, Pointer, Balamou, Obekpa, Hooper, and Jones  back for 2015.  We'll need bigs anyway - if we get an elite big, that would be terrific.  But if not, more than willing for Steve to take an end of the bench roster spot flyer on a Ryan Hollins or Mike Fey.   In his 9 years as a head coach Steve Lavin has only signed 4 scholarship players over 6'9 - Dan Gadzuric, Jerome Moiso, Ryan Hollins and Mike Fey.  Gadzuric and Moiso were elite, early contributors.  Hollins and Fey were "sleeper" project guys, who developed over time in the program.   All but Fey were NBA players, Fey was a 15/8 guy in the NBDL, with a real nice Euro career.

Now here was a guy who was worth reading.  It's interesting reading the first few pages of posts on the early recruitment of this kid.  Would people say he had a better senior season than expected?  He did go out as a champ. 

It's days like these where I miss CR the most.

« Reply #626 on: April 11, 2014, 02:41:12 PM »

It's days like these where I miss CR the most.
Yes.  The JJ board "shrapnel" would be flying around, and CR would post and reign it in with some facts and solid conjecture.  I can only wonder how he would have found some factual support to provide Lavs as he's been under JJ "siege" since the end of the season ending NIT loss.

paultzman

« Reply #627 on: April 18, 2014, 05:50:40 PM »
Today at Jordan regional game;

@CNG_Staszewski: Samson Usilo has 12 points, Khadeen Carrington 9 and Adonis Delarosa seven as their team trails 47-42 at the half at the Jordan Classic.

@DelarosaJoey: Adonis putting people in the blender with these post moves ..... THATS WHAT WE LIKE @philgreene31 @adelarosa0920

paultzman

« Reply #628 on: April 18, 2014, 06:09:51 PM »
@NJHoops: St. John's bound Adonis De La Rosa has gotten much more aggressive & polished since we last saw him in AAU play

@AdamZagoria: #Sjubb bound  @adelarosa0920  with 12 and 7 for White.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 06:12:19 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #629 on: April 18, 2014, 07:46:33 PM »
http://zagsblog.com/articles/delarosa-talks-obekpa-return-more-recruits-at-jordan-brand-classic/

BTW-Does anyone know if Adonis has signed his NLI?  Trust me I am not insinuating that he is not fully committed (he is) just wondering because at this point he can.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:49:17 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #630 on: April 18, 2014, 08:10:54 PM »
http://zagsblog.com/articles/delarosa-talks-obekpa-return-more-recruits-at-jordan-brand-classic/

BTW-Does anyone know if Adonis has signed his NLI?  Trust me I am not insinuating that he is not fully committed (he is) just wondering because at this point he can.

Is his brother definitely on the team? He mentioned how him and Joey will be battling with Obekpa?

« Reply #631 on: April 18, 2014, 08:45:07 PM »
Competition is a great thing

paultzman

« Reply #632 on: April 27, 2014, 12:39:32 PM »
@ctkcoachjarbs: Congrats to @adelarosa0920 being named POY in Queens and finalist for all-city POY by the @NYDNHighSchool

derk

« Reply #633 on: April 28, 2014, 10:11:06 AM »
Saw him being interviewed on Brooklyn 12 sports. Says he's glad Opekpa decided to return and is looking forward to playing with him. Says he could teach Obekpa some moves around the basket and he can learn how to block and defend from Opekpa. Seems like a nice kid.

MCNPA

« Reply #634 on: April 28, 2014, 03:14:02 PM »
Delarosa has a long way to go, but I'm still happy to have a true big body on the team.  Not sure what his brother can offer, but still nice to have some size to plant inside.

« Reply #635 on: April 28, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
Sounds like from his twitter page that his sister passed away.

God speed Adonis!!!

boo3

« Reply #636 on: April 28, 2014, 09:29:28 PM »
 jesus..... what is up  with the black cloud over our players..  god bless the family.

« Reply #637 on: April 28, 2014, 09:31:05 PM »
Wow. Prayers are with you Adonis
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #638 on: April 28, 2014, 09:48:23 PM »
adonis delarosa ‏@adelarosa0920  · 1h 
Omw to DR to to be with my sister who is now in heaven  💔😢😢😢😔 http://instagram.com/p/nWlkFYstTZ/

paultzman

« Reply #639 on: May 29, 2014, 06:31:28 PM »
Now that recent SAT score results are out, can we expect Adonis to formally commit to SJU or did I miss something? Perhaps it is not a score issue, but curious why his commitment has not been finalized.