• 290 replies

paultzman

Re: Josh Cunningham - PF - Morgan Park HS - Chicago, IL
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2014, 06:29:46 PM »
Just the facts;

Cunningham has good visit to USC and will now work on his decision

April 13, 2014 by Phil Kornblut
Josh Cunningham

6-6 Josh Cunningham of Chicago made an official visit to USC over the weekend and is now ready to get down to the task of making his decisoin which he will announce on Friday afternoon at his school.Cunningham is down to USC, Indiana, DePaul, Bradley, Creighton and Minnesota. He said Sunday night all of the schools are still in the running.

“I really enjoyed it,” he said of his USC visit. “I liked the campus. I liked the team. I liked the coaching staff. They had everything that I want to do academically. If I go there, they will push me to make me a better player.”

Cunningham made a brief stop by Williams-Brice Stadium for the spring football game as he made his way around the campus.

As he thinks about his final choice this week, Cunningham has several factors to consider. “A school with great academics and with a great coaching staff that will push me every day and stay on top of me like my coach does. The visit helped South Carolna. It boosted them quite a bit.”

Cunningham is one of the top unsigned players left in the 2014 class. He averaged 23 points and 15 rebounds per game this season.
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...8SportsTalk%29
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 06:30:36 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2014, 09:21:54 PM »
Well with no official visits left and set to decide this week my guess is Coach went there with one last appeal to see if there was mutual interest.

paultzman

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 10:26:26 AM »
"The coach said Cunningham will not cut down his list of six finalists and will just pick from that group.  The others on the list are Indiana, Creighton, Bradley, Minnesota and DePaul.
Irvan does not sense a favorite right now.  “It’s hard to tell,” he said.  “One days he likes South Carolina a lot, one day he likes Indiana a lot, one day he likes Bradley a lot,” Irvan said chuckling as an example of Cunningham is struggling with his decision."

Likely decision Monday;

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2014/04/14/cunningham-wont-make-his-announcement-until-early-next-week/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:27:47 AM by paultzman »

QuanMan

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2014, 01:32:37 PM »
Big weekend on campus:

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille  4m
Chicago forward Josh Cunningham will take an unofficial visit to St. John's this weekend, source says. #sjubb
Section 3
Section 116

lihoop

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »
this is great to hear

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2014, 02:04:55 PM »
What do you think the odds are Zags and Zach are talking to the same person...???LOL!!!

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2014, 02:35:47 PM »
Big weekend on campus:

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille  4m
Chicago forward Josh Cunningham will take an unofficial visit to St. John's this weekend, source says. #sjubb

to bad everyone is on spring break.

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »
IMHO:

Most important: Keith Thomas because he clearly has SJU at or near the top of his list and he fills a big need of a rebounder.

Most talented/nicest surprise: Josh Cunningham because of his ranking and because SJU up until now has not been on his short list so for him to pop for SJU would be really nice but again have to keep expectations realistic.

paultzman

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2014, 02:47:50 PM »
IMHO:

Most important: Keith Thomas because he clearly has SJU at or near the top of his list and he fills a big need of a rebounder.

Most talented/nicest surprise: Josh Cunningham because of his ranking and because SJU up until now has not been on his short list so for him to pop for SJU would be really nice but again have to keep expectations realistic.

Agree on both points. I still have my doubts about Cunningham, but at least we are alive..

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2014, 05:39:50 PM »

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille  · 17m 
Last Nick Irvin on Josh Cunningham regarding St. John's: "He’s been watching St. John's for a while and he likes them." #sjubb

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille  · 18m 
Nick Irvin said Josh Cunningham will commit next week, but not sure yet of the day.

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille  · 19m 
Josh Cunningham's coach Nick Irvin said St. John's has been recruiting Cunningham for a while. #sjubb

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille  · 20m 
Josh Cunningham's coach Nick Irvin on St. John's: "Definitely a realistic option." #sjubb

Marillac

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2014, 05:49:27 PM »
IMHO:

Completely agree.

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2014, 09:32:03 PM »
Per Jerry Meyer:

Jerry Meyer

Dir. of Basketball Scouting - 247Sports

7 hours ago 

South Carolina won't be the last visit for Chicago (Ill.) Morgan Park forward Josh Cunningham after all. According to Zach Brazille, Cunningham will unofficially visit St. John's this weekend.

Cunningham, a 247Sports Composite four-star prospect, was thought to be honing down to a decision between Bradley and South Carolina. Indiana and DePaul are also in the mix.

The sudden scheduling of the visit and its timing seem to bode well for Steve Lavin and company.

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Bolt/Josh-Cunningham-schedules-another-visit-28210417

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:36:10 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2014, 09:54:08 PM »
Maybe Sampson leaving makes SJU a more attractive option for Cunningham. Of all the recruits being mentioned he seems like the best fit to replace Jakarr's scoring. May be able to play the 3 or 4 especially as he gets stronger.

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2014, 10:00:18 PM »
Maybe Sampson leaving makes SJU a more attractive option for Cunningham. Of all the recruits being mentioned he seems like the best fit to replace Jakarr's scoring. May be able to play the 3 or 4 especially as he gets stronger.

Brownlee, Harkless and Sampson. All the starting 4's Lavin has coached have succeeded. Burrell could be included as well.

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2014, 10:16:30 PM »
Per Jerry Meyer:

Jerry Meyer

7 hours ago 

South Carolina won't be the last visit for Chicago (Ill.) Morgan Park forward Josh Cunningham after all. According to Zach Brazille, Cunningham will unofficially visit St. John's this weekend.

Cunningham, a 247Sports Composite four-star prospect, was thought to be honing down to a decision between Bradley and South Carolina. Indiana and DePaul are also in the mix.

The sudden scheduling of the visit and its timing seem to bode well for Steve Lavin and company.

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Bolt/Josh-Cunningham-schedules-another-visit-28210417

thought this was a funny response from someone that board:

"Tough to bet against Lavin. Guy can't coach but he can recruit. Also has a lot if guys transfer out, must promise everyone the world and they leave when it's not true."

goredmen

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2014, 10:22:17 PM »
Per Jerry Meyer:

Jerry Meyer

7 hours ago 

"Tough to bet against Lavin. Guy can't coach but he can recruit. Also has a lot if guys transfer out, must promise everyone the world and they leave when it's not true."

Dead on

bk8664

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2014, 01:49:23 AM »
Per Jerry Meyer:

Jerry Meyer

7 hours ago 

Dead on

Except for "a lot" of guys actually haven't transferred out.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:49:54 AM by bk8664 »

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2014, 02:00:11 AM »
I like his form shooting the ball, including free throws.

What do you think Marillac?

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2014, 02:02:50 AM »
I like his form shooting the ball, including free throws.

What do you think Marillac?
Can certainly use a wing who can shoot and score. Oh wait, sorry, I'm not Marillac!  :)