Josh Cunningham - PF - Morgan Park HS - Chicago, IL - BRADLEY

• 290 replies
Re: Josh Cunningham - PF - Morgan Park HS - Chicago, IL
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2014, 09:17:29 PM »
It's too bad Greene and Branch can't be morphed into a single player...

Greene's shooting ability combined with Branch's court vision and passing ability.. We would have a heck of a third guard...  Ha!

Haha it is too bad. I would however settle for their minutes being swaped.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2014, 09:28:46 PM »
We're definitely worse.  Sampson and Sanchez are the two best players on that list, by a decent margin.   

Hope I'm wrong.   If Christian jones can be half as good as Marillac and Mase expect, then we're probably equal talent wise to what we had last season. 

Could easily see Cunningham being better than Sanchez right away. I was never a fan of Sanchez' game. Thought he hurt the team with not knowing his role.
For someone who is almost always so positive about everything way to misevaluate an all around talented player and blaming him for not knowing his role. But you as a fan know his role. Guess lavin confided in you over dinner.

Really dude? Just an opinion.

Also I didn't say he wasn't an all around talented player.
My apologies. Didn't interpret correctly that by saying you were never a fan of his game didn't mean you didn't think he wasn't an all around talented player. Maybe it is just me that doesn't dislike the games of all around talented players.

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2014, 09:43:16 PM »
We're definitely worse.  Sampson and Sanchez are the two best players on that list, by a decent margin.   

Hope I'm wrong.   If Christian jones can be half as good as Marillac and Mase expect, then we're probably equal talent wise to what we had last season. 

Could easily see Cunningham being better than Sanchez right away. I was never a fan of Sanchez' game. Thought he hurt the team with not knowing his role.
For someone who is almost always so positive about everything way to misevaluate an all around talented player and blaming him for not knowing his role. But you as a fan know his role. Guess lavin confided in you over dinner.

Really dude? Just an opinion.

Also I didn't say he wasn't an all around talented player.
My apologies. Didn't interpret correctly that by saying you were never a fan of his game didn't mean you didn't think he wasn't an all around talented player. Maybe it is just me that doesn't dislike the games of all around talented players.

It's really not that hard to understand. He's an all around talented player who thought too often he was a Point Guard, tried to force things offensively, and was a very below average defender. That is why I was not a fan of his game. Talented player, I was just not a fan of many of his on court decisions/awareness.

Talent does not always translate to being good. We of all fan bases should have learned that lesson.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:44:25 PM by redstorm212 »

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2014, 11:08:58 PM »
My point was maybe he played the way his coach wanted him to and I happened to like his game. If he didn't that is on a coach to get his players to play the way he wants them to. Remember besides having to sit out a year he was a juco playing his first yr of D1 ball and most jucos take a year to acclimate to the higher level. Shame he doesn't have a second year because he may have really blossomed.

Poison

« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2014, 11:21:02 PM »
Potential additions - deLa Rosa, Thomas, Cunnigham, Felix, C Jones

Losses- Sampson, borgault, hooper, GG, Sanchez

With returning nucleus  you guys think we are better or worse?  I think we would be better.

I think it's one less big man, a several less experienced big men. Obekpa would have to really show marked improvement combined with Thomas giving us Charles Minlend like production. It's asking a lot. If those guys get into foul trouble, are we going w an out of shape freshman and a Swingman at the 4?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:22:42 PM by Poison »

Marillac

« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2014, 12:15:22 AM »

Whoa whoa...I am not a Christian Jones fan.  Don't lump me in that category!  If anything, I am a Christian Jones detractor.  Also, there isn't a player on that list i wouldn't take over Sanchez.  He couldn't cover anyone.  And Sampson may have the highest ceiling and may even be the best player there, but he was not a team player, he had no Bball IQ, and he was the least clutch player we've had since Nuri.  I'd take a less-talented Thomas over him every day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

Marillac

« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2014, 12:19:00 AM »
Potential additions - deLa Rosa, Thomas, Cunnigham, Felix, C Jones

Losses- Sampson, borgault, hooper, GG, Sanchez

With returning nucleus  you guys think we are better or worse?  I think we would be better.

No question we are WAY better.  Exponentially.  Sampson and Sanchez hurt this team repeatedly.  With them gone, we only have to worry about Dom shooting us in the foot over and over again.  My guess is that will be remedied as well.

« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2014, 12:27:13 AM »
I'm all for getting these guys, but can we please get a commit before we start penciling them in our rotation please lol

« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2014, 05:52:56 AM »
I'm all for getting these guys, but can we please get a commit before we start penciling them in our rotation please lol

Amen. And how do we feel that we are fighting Bradley for a recruit?

« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2014, 06:57:29 AM »

the definition of trolling

Would Cunningham be Cluess' highest-rated incoming freshman in his time at Iona? 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:59:37 AM by Gray Chudney »

« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2014, 07:15:26 AM »

the definition of trolling

Would Cunningham be Cluess' highest-rated incoming freshman in his time at Iona? 

Is he not choosing between Bradley and St. Johns?

What does Cluess have to do with this topic?

« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2014, 07:29:49 AM »

Baldi, what's your point?

LoganK

« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2014, 07:34:31 AM »

I actually like it.  Not so much that we're battling Bradley, but that Cunningham is loyal.  Bradley showed him love from the get go, and he likely grew close with the staff/team.  Says something about his character that he is still strongly considering them as a destination - but I hope he picks us.

gman

« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2014, 07:41:07 AM »

Baldis trolling has gotten out of hand this offseason. Being a mod of another site I hate saying this since it isn't my place to comment but it's time for the mods or owner of this site to out this crap to an end.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:41:41 AM by gman »

boo3

« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2014, 07:48:08 AM »
  Why should the Bradley thing matter?  If he can play, he can play.  We aren't in a position to snub our nose at anyone that can help this team.  We just spent a year complaining about how we didn't have any good role players , just a bunch of prima-donnas.   Now, all of a sudden, we are too good for them. 

I know it's just a troll job, but it's a weak one.

« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2014, 07:59:03 AM »
Is he or is he not choosing between SJU and Bradley? If yes,how am I trolling?

And maybe stop comparing St Johns to midmajors like Iona?

Foad

« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2014, 08:17:06 AM »
Being a mod of another site I hate saying this since it isn't my place to comment but it's time for the mods or owner of this site to out this crap to an end.

I understand your frustration: there's nothing sadder than a fascist without a concentration camp. Maybe you can instigate a secret vote over at at RDC and ban him from there preemptively. Then afterwards you can burn him in effigy in on a bonfire of books that you deem undesirable. It's not a final solution by any means but you have to start somewhere.

« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »
I think you need to take into consideration improvement in players from year to year.

Safe to say Jordan will be a much better , more confident lead guard next year...Harrison will be Harrison, which is good to great... Obekpa should improve as well.. 

I haven't seen enough of Thomas, Cunningham, or DeLa Rosa to make any definitive statements...

I think we will be better, more well rounded team next season... Just an opinion.

I think we need  75% of the shots coming from Harrison and Jordan. Branch needs to start and get this guys the rock
Based on assessment by fellow posters, these kids sound like good additions...still think we need a shooter

« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2014, 09:50:15 AM »
Is he or is he not choosing between SJU and Bradley? If yes,how am I trolling?

And maybe stop comparing St Johns to midmajors like Iona?

He is choosing between St Johns, Bradley, Indiana, and South Carolina (where he recently visited officially).  Your provocation manipulates the story to make it look like we are competing with only a singular low/mid major for a recruit.

This aside, Cunningham is a fringe top 100 recruit at a position of need for SJU.  If it was between us and Nassau Community for his services, I couldn't care less.  Objectively, he is a relatively highly rated HS senior who is at worst a positional fit for us presently.  I hope we get him.

« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2014, 09:56:16 AM »
There was a previous post on this page that it was between the 2 schools.
I'm not criticizing the player, I'm criticizing the staff for doing nothing until now. If this kid chooses Bradley, then what?
Hopefully we get him. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:58:07 AM by Marco Baldi »