Josh Cunningham - PF - Morgan Park HS - Chicago, IL - BRADLEY

• 290 replies
Re: Josh Cunningham - PF - Morgan Park HS - Chicago, IL
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2014, 11:07:57 PM »
If he is visiting DePaul unofficially he obviously hasn't made up his mind and is having a tough time doing so. Hopefully in commits to us and if he does it would appear Lavin's late recruiting pitch was the deciding factor.

LJSA

« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2014, 02:03:55 AM »
If he is visiting DePaul unofficially he obviously hasn't made up his mind and is having a tough time doing so. Hopefully in commits to us and if he does it would appear Lavin's late recruiting pitch was the deciding factor.

It may simply be a courtesy visit. Orr's coach scratches Purnell's back, and if Orr eventually has some kids who want to stay home, Purnell returns the scratch, either by recruiting them for real or "recruiting" them to help drum up other interest for the kids.

paultzman

« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2014, 07:41:31 AM »

It may simply be a courtesy visit. Orr's coach scratches Purnell's back, and if Orr eventually has some kids who want to stay home, Purnell returns the scratch, either by recruiting them for real or "recruiting" them to help drum up other interest for the kids.

He is tight with Billy Garrett & his dad. I too believe, however, Bradley is team to worry about.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:42:40 AM by paultzman »

Trone

« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »
This kid is obviously having a hard time deciding, I would love to have him regardless but he has transfer candidate written all over him if does commit to SJU.  Could easily see him giving it a go and if it doenst go as he planned back to chicago he goes.  Worth a shot though

« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2014, 10:55:56 AM »
This kid is obviously having a hard time deciding, I would love to have him regardless but he has transfer candidate written all over him if does commit to SJU.  Could easily see him giving it a go and if it doenst go as he planned back to chicago he goes.  Worth a shot though

What?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2014, 11:08:13 AM »

What?

Not many kids return to Chicago these days.  48 people were killed or injjured last weekend alone.  They don't call it Chiraq for nothing. 

J Van

« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2014, 11:15:35 AM »
Bloody poor taste Mr. Marillac. 

Marillac

« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2014, 11:18:16 AM »
Bloody poor taste Mr. Marillac. 

?

J Van

« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2014, 11:22:21 AM »
Do you think the 48 families find your post amusing?  Poor show mate

Marillac

« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2014, 11:30:56 AM »
Do you think the 48 families find your post amusing?  Poor show mate

I was stating facts...not trying to amuse anyone.  There were 48 incidents this past wekeend. 
Are you British?

« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2014, 11:31:11 AM »
Van chill yo. Dis guy tryin b funny,

J Van

« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2014, 11:38:20 AM »
Yes.  I live in France if it is any of your business.  Mr. Marilac and Mr. Bigmax I am not sure where that post came from.  Why are we chatting about crime in a bloody recruit post. 

« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2014, 11:45:44 AM »
Hey J Van, are the Johnnies big in France?

Btw, I thought Mary Jarou was from France.  Then I found out she is from Flint, Michigan.

J Van

« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2014, 11:51:46 AM »
I am mates with Marco's family.

paultzman

« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2014, 01:33:47 PM »
"“He’s still not sure,” his coach Nick Irvin said Tuesday.  “He liked his visit to St. John’s.  He really liked the campus.  He’s not narrowed his list.  It’s a hard decision for him.”

Irvin said USC,  St. John’s,  Indiana, DePaul and Bradley are all still on the board with Cunningham who has been in touch with coaches from all the schools.

Irvin said he doubts an announcement will be made this week because he is going out of town this weekend and Cunningham wants him to be present when he makes the announcement."

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2014/04/22/cunningham-will-take-one-more-visit-this-week-before-he-makes-his-decision/
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:35:39 PM by paultzman »

desco80

« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2014, 02:04:47 PM »
Yes.  I live in France if it is any of your business.  Mr. Marilac and Mr. Bigmax I am not sure where that post came from.  Why are we chatting about crime in a bloody recruit post. 

This sounds like Happy Rappy ...

Poison

« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2014, 02:50:53 PM »

I think any incoming STJ player will see ample opportunity for playing time, but as we saw with Norm Roberts, if selling PT is the you've got, your target should go to another program. One with better things to say about why it's a good idea to come here.

The last 3 players who are about the same size, height and body weight as Cunningham jane moved to pro ball. Harkless, by and large has been a success in the NBA. Hopefully, Sampson will see that success as well.

That, combined with the chance to learn from seniors who previously finished 3rd the BE is a lot to be positive about. Next year, it's a new team, and some of those roles, hopefully, will be up for grabs this season. That's how you run a program. You build from within as much as you can.

Now, we know that everything has not turned out like we all had hoped, but not everyone agrees with the sentiment that when we lose it's all on the coach. Some recruits who say, for example get after it defensively all the time, might take issue with some of the glaring defensive efficiencies we showed. If one guy is playing man, and another is playing zone, that's not on Lavin. And that happened all the time last year.

I bet he comes because STJ is a good option. For a lot of reasons.

« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2014, 04:09:40 PM »
Cunningham better than Christian Jones?

« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »

Don't see how anyone could really say that at this point. Christian has been working on his body/game for 2 seasons now, Cunningham is still in HS. No one has seen Christian in game action in some time.

Hopefully Cunningham comes here and we will know that answer by January.

Poison

« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »

Don't see how anyone could really say that at this point. Christian has been working on his body/game for 2 seasons now, Cunningham is still in HS. No one has seen Christian in game action in some time.

Hopefully Cunningham comes here and we will know that answer by January.

2 years ago, Lavin was impressed with Jones. Hopefully, he's worked the kinks out. In the two pre-season games from the 12-13 season, he showed a lot of potential. From what I recall, in the brief time we saw him get off the bench, he had a had a nice jumper, good passing skills and he can throw it down—but we only saw him do it in transition.

IMO, the reason he barely played was because he needed a lot of work on d.