2015 Maui Invitational

• 50 replies

Moose

Re: 2015 Maui Invitational
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
And SJU will be in the Pre-Season NIT next year.  So back to back big time Pre-Season tourney's:

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria  32m 
St. John's will be in the Preseason NIT next year and then Maui the year after, source confirms to @SNYtv.

Preseason NIT we have to win games to get to MSG. Imagine if we lost and had to host the consolation games on campus like we did in 2008? What a disaster that was.

But we weren't 'supposed' to make it that year.  BC was the home team from that pod.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 10:06:57 PM »
And SJU will be in the Pre-Season NIT next year.  So back to back big time Pre-Season tourney's:

St. John's will be in the Preseason NIT next year and then Maui the year after, source confirms to @SNYtv.

Preseason NIT we have to win games to get to MSG. Imagine if we lost and had to host the consolation games on campus like we did in 2008? What a disaster that was.

But we weren't 'supposed' to make it that year.  BC was the home team from that pod.

Yeah, I just remember how depressing those 2 consolation games at Carnesecca were. No more than 300 people in attendance.

Poison

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »

Yeah, I just remember how depressing those 2 consolation games at Carnesecca were. No more than 300 people in attendance.

Do you know what season that was? Monte's senior year? I don't recall playing any consolation games there.

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 10:17:28 PM »

Do you know what season that was? Monte's senior year? I don't recall playing any consolation games there.

2008-2009 season. We played Eastern Michigan and Loyola. They charged 30 dollars for the cheapest ticket and 15 dollars for student tickets and it wasn't included for season ticket holders.

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 10:19:55 PM »

2008-09 season, Norm's 5th season.  Old Pre-Season NIT had 16 teams but only 4 teams advanced to NYC and they were the only 4 to play a total of 4 games.  Then the format changed slightly when they let the early round "losers" play each other in various consolation games.

See Rutgers this year.  Rutgers lost to Drexel in 2nd round.  But then played Stillman College and FDU as part of the NIT.

http://www.scarletknights.com/basketball-men/schedule/schedule.asp

Poison

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 10:31:31 PM »

2008-2009 season. We played Eastern Michigan and Loyola. They charged 30 dollars for the cheapest ticket and 15 dollars for student tickets and it wasn't included for season ticket holders.

Thanks. I don't even remember those games.

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2014, 02:11:30 PM »

That Loyola team was coached by Jim Whitesell.

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 10:21:32 PM »

That Loyola team was coached by Jim Whitesell.

I remember them being awful.  That sucks!

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 11:02:27 PM »
This still on or...........

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 11:06:55 PM »
Yes but we are sending our badminton team because at least they have enough players1

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2014, 11:09:38 PM »
our invitational is to plum island

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 08:26:47 AM »
In today's age of contingencies on top of contingencies i would imigaine that an alternate squad is lined up in case one team..........well..........pulls a St. Johns.......pick your year......2003.......2014......

goredmen

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 02:56:02 PM »
So with it looking like we are going to whiff on all instant contributors in the 2015 class and next year's roster looking pretty thin, theres a chance we get embarrassed on national TV 2 or 3 days in a row. I just hope we don't lose to Chaminade

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 02:58:38 PM »
Is it possible we can be disinvited? I'm sure espn is looking forward to the rating we can generate with next years team.

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 03:03:59 PM »
Is it possible we can be disinvited? I'm sure espn is looking forward to the rating we can generate with next years team.
We won't be uninvited.

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »
We won't be uninvited.
It is too late to be uninvited as we have already been invited but it is not too late to be dis-invited.

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 03:24:12 PM »
We won't be uninvited.
It is too late to be uninvited as we have already been invited but it is not too late to be dis-invited.

It's too late.

Moose

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 07:16:43 PM »
Wonder if a few days in Maui is enough to keep certain people around.
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 07:58:21 PM »
Mrs. Lavin?

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2014, 11:38:44 PM »
According to Lavin on Joe and Evan today we're in the Battle 4 Atlantis in 2016.