No Sanchez tomorrow

• 58 replies
Re: No Sanchez tomorrow
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2014, 10:57:23 PM »
Congrats to Orlando.  Tomorrow will be Gift's day to shine.  I respect his decision entirely.  No problem.  Having said that, I am a big family man and I know I'd be suited up for the Villanova game if I were him.  But no hay problema.  We still win this game.  Gift and Dom have a lot of experience and are gritty warriors.

DFF6

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2014, 10:59:24 PM »
I'm disappointed and embarrassed to hear people on Twitter are making negative remarks.  I always felt  for all the fans we had who annoyed the majority of the fan base and 'caused problems' they were nothing compared to the fans of some real big schools when it came to Twitter trolling.

No one on Twitter from what I've seen is ACTUALLY upset at his decision to miss the game tomorrow.

So then what were people referring to then?

Some people feel the need to make up outrage in order to put themselves on their high horse.  I don't get it. I was doing #sjubb and Orlando Sanchez searches and saw NO  ONE seriously upset or questioning the guys decision to miss the game to be with his family.

So, people made up fake tweets criticizing Sanchez's decision to miss the game so they could then fake being outraged to put themselves on their high horse?  Now I don't get it. Why would anyone do that??  SMH.

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2014, 11:01:44 PM »
I'm disappointed and embarrassed to hear people on Twitter are making negative remarks.  I always felt  for all the fans we had who annoyed the majority of the fan base and 'caused problems' they were nothing compared to the fans of some real big schools when it came to Twitter trolling.

No one on Twitter from what I've seen is ACTUALLY upset at his decision to miss the game tomorrow.

Some people feel the need to make up outrage in order to put themselves on their high horse.  I don't get it. I was doing #sjubb and Orlando Sanchez searches and saw NO  ONE seriously upset or questioning the guys decision to miss the game to be with his family.

So, people made up fake tweets criticizing Sanchez's decision to miss the game so they could then fake being outraged to put themselves on their high horse?  Now I don't get it. Why would anyone do that??  SMH.

In other news Fordham claims on twitter that Big Foot lives in his kitchen

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2014, 11:21:31 PM »

Go on Twitter and see if you can find any tweets where people are seriously upset at his decision to miss the game tomorrow.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2014, 01:24:02 AM »
Congratulations to Orlando and his wife.

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2014, 01:29:16 AM »
No need for comments like this.

David Berov ‏@Davee_8  6h
No IQ on the basketball court and no IQ in the bedroom either #sjubb

WTF Sanchez is married and had a kid...and is now gonna miss the game?!!? biggest game of the year no less #sjubb SMH

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2014, 01:36:03 AM »
No need for comments like this.

No IQ on the basketball court and no IQ in the bedroom either #sjubb

WTF Sanchez is married and had a kid...and is now gonna miss the game?!!? biggest game of the year no less #sjubb SMH

Completely uncalled for. Looking at his twitter feed, dude needs to get a life.

MCNPA

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2014, 06:33:58 AM »
Primo should enjoy this occasion.  Forget the idiots with the comments.  Birth of a child is sacred.   We will play basketball without him.

Tha Kid

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2014, 07:34:41 AM »
Congrats to orlando and family!  Very exciting for him and time he will be happy he spent w his family.

We are in a tough spot but that's life.  Gift could come up big.  Time to un-redshirt Christian jones? Ha ha ha
"I drink and I know things"

kob24

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2014, 07:51:22 AM »
Some of the things being said about this on twitter are disgusting I cannot believe these people claim to be SJU fans.

We get it, missing Obekpa and Sanchez tomorrow makes it tough.  But these kids are not being disciplined and are not academic casualties.  Injuries and family situations happen.  My God people act like they are owed a full SJU team.  The team is playing great.  Support Chris and Orlando and support the team tomorrow even shorthanded.

My God.  People act like SJU is intentionally doing this stuff...

That's why I can never have twitter and I am off of face book. I would personally download all of their pictures wait for a home game and make what Ron artest did in detriot look like a school yard fight. People can be real paper bags.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2014, 10:44:31 AM »
Some of the things being said about this on twitter are disgusting I cannot believe these people claim to be SJU fans.

We get it, missing Obekpa and Sanchez tomorrow makes it tough.  But these kids are not being disciplined and are not academic casualties.  Injuries and family situations happen.  My God people act like they are owed a full SJU team.  The team is playing great.  Support Chris and Orlando and support the team tomorrow even shorthanded.

That's why I can never have twitter and I am off of face book. I would personally download all of their pictures wait for a home game and make what Ron artest did in detriot look like a school yard fight. People can be real paper bags.
Social media makes everyone think there a star because the world can see their posts and react to them. Unfortunately social media is not going away. I think Sanchez realizes you can't worry about dumb people dropping dimes. If it wasn't for his daughter being born people would go off on something else that he did.

I agree with  what Calipari is doing in UK by helping his players learn the proper way of social media. It can be a great tool.
What finally changed my mind about Twitter was when Pappa Bush got a twitter account. If he can embrace social media then it is not just for the young anymore.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2014, 06:45:38 PM »

It did look like a school yard fight.

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »
Seems like Orlando has lost someone close to him today too per his fb. Our guys can't catch a break.

"Oh my God that tragedy one of the people most important in my life, "Hector Baez" to deceased hope that God has you in glory. I never gave thanks as I wanted to, I would have liked to see what you wanted for me, but peaceably in his memory. Rest in peace"

paultzman

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:34 PM »
Agent;

@bjbass2: RBA announces the signing of Orlando Sanchez (6'9 225 SF/PF @StJohnsRedStorm) 7.4 points, 5.6 rebounds, 1.4 assists https://t.co/JLmvHZdBOn

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2014, 07:34:03 PM »
that "highlight" reel is pretty sad

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2014, 07:39:55 PM »
His agent looks to have a great track record. http://www.rbasports.com/rba_athletes.html

37 clients and not one has a job.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2014, 08:05:30 PM »
I truly wish him the best of luck and thank him for representing SJU...But if ALL your college highlights are against a sucktacular Fordahm team that is pretty telling on what is not being shown.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2014, 11:45:45 PM »
I truly wish him the best of luck and thank him for representing SJU...But if ALL your college highlights are against a sucktacular Fordahm team that is pretty telling on what is not being shown.

He had some more good games, the person who put the whole thing together though looks pretty second rate. I wish him the best, hopefully he can do well in Europe.

Poison

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2014, 12:14:47 AM »
He can play Europe, or something, but he's not going to the NBA w out a ticket.
And neither are Sampson and Obekpa.