Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies

Wods317

Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #440 on: January 25, 2015, 11:15:41 PM »
The overreactions game by game are just absurd. We beat one team and we are looking at bracketology and what seed we could be then we lose and its we need to fire Lavin. Let the season play out guys and then we worry about it after the season. If we don't make the ncaa this year he should be shown the door. Let's pick this up in a march anything before that with Lavin is nonsense.

« Reply #441 on: January 25, 2015, 11:21:33 PM »
Going to need to win 8-10 more games.  Then make a run in BET. That's a tall order with 5 players, 1 of which has a calf and shoulder injury

« Reply #442 on: January 25, 2015, 11:29:24 PM »
Who is the early favorite to replace him?

goredmen

« Reply #443 on: January 25, 2015, 11:45:56 PM »
The overreactions game by game are just absurd. We beat one team and we are looking at bracketology and what seed we could be then we lose and its we need to fire Lavin. Let the season play out guys and then we worry about it after the season. If we don't make the ncaa this year he should be shown the door. Let's pick this up in a march anything before that with Lavin is nonsense.

If we sneak in the tourney as a 10 or 11 seed and get bounced in the 1st round, does he deserve to be back?

« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2015, 11:53:14 PM »

If we sneak in the tourney as a 10 or 11 seed and get bounced in the 1st round, does he deserve to be back?

Come back to the "we are a young team" excuse for the next 3 tourny less years? Again? Time to go

« Reply #445 on: January 26, 2015, 12:04:20 AM »
Says who?  You or your source?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:05:24 AM by action jackson »

« Reply #446 on: January 26, 2015, 12:07:20 AM »
Says who?  You or your source?

Just me expanding on the situation

« Reply #447 on: January 26, 2015, 12:16:40 AM »

Why do you think Monasch was watching the Iona game?

« Reply #448 on: January 26, 2015, 12:18:01 AM »

Why do you think Monasch was watching the Iona game?

Wants to bring Chris Casey back?

goredmen

« Reply #449 on: January 26, 2015, 12:50:13 AM »

Come back to the "we are a young team" excuse for the next 3 tourny less years? Again? Time to go

I complete agree. Just want to know if some posters believe that he can save his job or deserves another year by just getting into the tourney this year

« Reply #450 on: January 26, 2015, 12:52:49 AM »
fyi I heard this past weekend they're ironing out an extension. Longer years, less per year.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #451 on: January 26, 2015, 01:06:39 AM »
fyi I heard this past weekend they're ironing out an extension. Longer years, less per year.

Can't be true. Baldi says he is gone.

« Reply #452 on: January 26, 2015, 01:09:58 AM »

Good news for me as Iona fan/ awful news for me as St Johns fan.

Must be nice getting an extension, with little pressure to succeed

« Reply #453 on: January 26, 2015, 01:41:12 AM »
"Overall, big picture, if you’ve followed our team over these past three weeks you can see we’re making progress."

That says it all. 2-5 since dec 31st. But we are making progress

goredmen

« Reply #454 on: January 26, 2015, 02:33:52 AM »
"Overall, big picture, if you’ve followed our team over these past three weeks you can see we’re making progress."

That says it all. 2-5 since dec 31st. But we are making progress

But Baldi this is a young team. This is the time to take our lumps. It will help these guys be really good in a couple years. Oh wait....

« Reply #455 on: January 26, 2015, 10:36:43 AM »
Lavin deserves an extension. Period. End of story.

goredmen

« Reply #456 on: January 26, 2015, 10:51:01 AM »
Lavin deserves an extension. Period. End of story.

I thought SJUFAN was Lavin's agent as that's the only person that could logically come to that conclusion
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:51:32 AM by goredmen »

SJUFAN

« Reply #457 on: January 26, 2015, 10:59:40 AM »
Each year he has coached us we were on the bubble of a NCAA bid going into the final stretch of games. We want to be better than that and set the expectations higher, but realistically, its far better than what we were doing before Lavin. We were not a staple in post season play prior to his arrival. Outside of the 2014 class, which to me is inexcusable, he is bringing more higher caliber players into the program. I would just like for him to stay away from the question marks.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:01:29 AM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #458 on: January 26, 2015, 11:19:43 AM »

big picture, this is a good move.  we need stability.

i said this before. i hope lavin has learned his lesson by not going hard in recruiting this past year. he can't rely on just selling playing time to get recruits.  we need at least two qualified BE caliber players every year. 

Foad

« Reply #459 on: January 26, 2015, 12:10:10 PM »

big picture, this is a good move.  we need stability.

i said this before. i hope lavin has learned his lesson by not going hard in recruiting this past year. he can't rely on just selling playing time to get recruits.  we need at least two qualified BE caliber players every year. 

"Recruiting is the least of my concerns."