Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies
Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #700 on: January 28, 2015, 11:51:57 PM »
Does it pay to start a Kickstarter?

« Reply #701 on: January 28, 2015, 11:52:20 PM »
I will take anyone as a replacement

He probably will be gone after this season.  But you wouldn't take just anyone.  Be careful, as you may get "anyone" as a replacement. 

« Reply #702 on: January 28, 2015, 11:53:02 PM »
Does it pay to start a Kickstarter?

Nope. Fire lavin kickstarter? Ill donate :)

« Reply #703 on: January 28, 2015, 11:55:30 PM »
I would definitely try to get a billboard made with the donations

Wods317

« Reply #704 on: January 29, 2015, 12:08:35 AM »
Get a Mark Jackson on the horn asap

« Reply #705 on: January 29, 2015, 12:11:16 AM »

no mark jackson. did you see the disaster at golden state when he was coach?

Wods317

« Reply #706 on: January 29, 2015, 12:19:41 AM »

I was saying it as a joke. I saw it all over Twitter tonight but a disaster? He wasn't great but a disaster he was not. What we have now is a disaster.

« Reply #707 on: January 29, 2015, 07:06:07 AM »
I typically never post and just read the board, but after last nights loss I can't help myself. Since Lavin got here he told everyone who would listen that this year would be the year and now it clearly is not the year.  Eventually you've gotta win and Lavin has not done that in the last four seasons.   Barring BET tournament title which at this point would shock everyone, if the program has even a little self respect Lavin should not be the coach next year.

pmg911

« Reply #708 on: January 29, 2015, 07:25:50 AM »

Disaster...    you have to be kidding me...

Maybe he needs to work on his people skills but one of his assistant coaches stabbed him in the back...

While Steve Kerr is the coach currently (good miss by him not taking the Knicks), he is clearly reaping the benefits of what Jackson and the front office put together...

« Reply #709 on: January 29, 2015, 07:34:19 AM »
Why hasn't anyone brought up Archie Miller?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Johnny23

« Reply #710 on: January 29, 2015, 07:36:32 AM »
Jackson did a very good job as a coach in Golden St. and put that team on strong footing for Kerr to take over this year.

The owner even came out a few months ago and said that Jackson was a good coach but that his people skills left something to be desire. Jackson may have been too much of a control freak when it came to hiring people on his staff.

Johnny23

« Reply #711 on: January 29, 2015, 07:39:06 AM »
Why hasn't anyone brought up Archie Miller?

He's done an awesome job at Dayton. Turned them into a team that noone wants to play in March. Good choice and I hope for once that SJU goes after a young, hungry, successful coach like a Miller, Smart, Hurley, Toole, and so on. There's a good amount of young, talented coaches out there.

« Reply #712 on: January 29, 2015, 07:55:24 AM »
All i can say is that thank God all reports of him receiving an extension, or being in talks of ironing out an extension are 100% false.

Six more weeks of this fellas.

The party is over for Mr. Lavin.

« Reply #713 on: January 29, 2015, 08:31:03 AM »
St. John's should contact the agent for Pitt Coach Jamie Dixon and inquire whether he would like to move his gig to Jamaica. 

I am hearing that Dix is feeling irrelevant in the ACC and he may consider move to a program he believes will make him relevant.  Pitt won't make the ACC this season and its long term future ain't rosy.  Dix is currently receiving $2.4/ year which is in the neighborhood that Lavin is being paid. 

There is no reason why St. John's doesn't call Dix's agent to determine whether there is interest.

« Reply #714 on: January 29, 2015, 08:38:20 AM »
Good call on Dixon. Wouod cost an arm and a leg but would be a home run.

« Reply #715 on: January 29, 2015, 09:10:33 AM »
For the first time I am fully in the I do not want him back camp. The thing that kills me, is unlike the other unsuccessful coaches since Louie(and yes he now should be considered that) most of his wounds seemed to be self inflicted. Other than disappointment the thing I will think about when looking about Lavin era is sabotage.

desco80

« Reply #716 on: January 29, 2015, 09:15:15 AM »
For the first time I am fully in the I do not want him back camp. The thing that kills me, is unlike the other unsuccessful coaches since Louie(and yes he now should be considered that) most of his wounds seemed to be self inflicted. Other than disappointment the thing I will think about when looking about Lavin era is sabotage.

Fraschilla and Jarvis didn't sabotage their own careers? 
I think they did. 

« Reply #717 on: January 29, 2015, 09:20:41 AM »

Fraschilla and Jarvis didn't sabotage their own careers? 
I think they did. 

Fran was insane, was a matter of time. Jarvis pompous and became lazy. I see what you are saying, but what I meant was Lavin seems to create problems out of nowhere. Jarvis and Fran were ticking time bombs, Lavin created drama for no reason it seems to me anyway.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:21:45 AM by we are sju »

desco80

« Reply #718 on: January 29, 2015, 09:25:26 AM »
Does Monasch have to go too?
I lean towards yes, the only thing that makes me hesitate is that the rest of the athletic program has been run rather well.

Johnny23

« Reply #719 on: January 29, 2015, 09:38:20 AM »
Does Monasch have to go too?
I lean towards yes, the only thing that makes me hesitate is that the rest of the athletic program has been run rather well.

I think he definitely has to go. The bulk of the athletic program's revenues comes from one sport...Men's basketball. This guy is one of the main reasons that SJU has never become a big time college team again. He seems to not put the emphasis on the big time business that is college hoops. I want an AD who has a vision to want this team as a top 20 club every year. Monasch would be better running a smaller school's athletic dept.