Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies
Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #820 on: February 19, 2015, 10:28:48 PM »
I was just asking how is just making the tournament considered a success with this team this year

Because were St. John's, that's how.  We've been to the tournament once in the last 13 years.  Any time we crack the final 68 it's a break out the bubbly fire up the marching band event.

Perhaps that's part of the reason the reason we've been so mediocre this past. If mediocrity is accepted there's no motivation to become great

We haven't been mediocre.  We've been bad.  If we were to start making the tournament on even a semi-regular basis,  than the fanbase might elevate their expectations to include an Ncaa win.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #821 on: February 19, 2015, 11:00:16 PM »
The link is from the WSJ that talked about the new SJU Preisdent...I defiantly think he will be engaged more in basketball operations. Being a quant guy he is definitely into stats and numbers.http://www.wsj.com/articles/st-johns-moves-on-from-scandal-with-first-lay-president-1423878184

can you post the article?
If you good it you probably be able to pull up the whole article. That's what I did to read the whole thing.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #822 on: February 22, 2015, 10:49:36 AM »
All these "what ifs".. Just let it play out..    What if they get in and somehow win two games?  Then he is a great coach and deserves one?  IF they get in and lose a 1st rounder at the buzzer he should be fired?   Makes no sense...  Let the damn thing play out. 

Brining in a Hurley or a Massielo next year isn't changing the program overnight.. If you think it will, you are lost...

Couldn't agree more

« Reply #823 on: February 22, 2015, 01:58:32 PM »
All these "what ifs".. Just let it play out..    What if they get in and somehow win two games?  Then he is a great coach and deserves one?  IF they get in and lose a 1st rounder at the buzzer he should be fired?   Makes no sense...  Let the damn thing play out. 

Brining in a Hurley or a Massielo next year isn't changing the program overnight.. If you think it will, you are lost...

Couldn't agree more
Read Zach B's column in today's Post-Lavin thinks it is a positive that SJU fans are saying "get rid of the coach".

desco80

« Reply #824 on: February 22, 2015, 02:46:29 PM »

Couldn't agree more
Read Zach B's column in today's Post-Lavin thinks it is a positive that SJU fans are saying "get rid of the coach".

I must've missed the "fire the coach" chants.    What game did he hear them at?
Or, is Lavin reading the message boards, or hearing that some prominent alumni are no longer on his side..
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:47:00 PM by desco80 »

goredmen

« Reply #825 on: February 22, 2015, 03:08:47 PM »

Couldn't agree more

Or, is Lavin reading the message boards, or hearing that some prominent alumni are no longer on his side..

The funny thing is Lavin thinks its a sign that the program is now relevant (thanks to him in his mind) that the fans call for his head after a loss. He must not have heard the Fire Norm chants from Bristol

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #826 on: February 22, 2015, 03:19:38 PM »
He is an eternal optimist...Maybe if this whole coaching thing doesn't work out he can go into politics. He is a spin master...
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #827 on: February 22, 2015, 03:48:30 PM »

Couldn't agree more

The funny thing is Lavin thinks its a sign that the program is now relevant (thanks to him in his mind) that the fans call for his head after a loss. He must not have heard the Fire Norm chants from Bristol

lmfao  This guy cracks me up. Fans calling for his head is a positive thing.   uhhh ok there.

hnk

« Reply #828 on: March 06, 2015, 08:58:02 AM »
Coach Lavin, good luck with your St. John's team the next five or six years and good luck this year in March Madness!

TONYD3

« Reply #829 on: March 06, 2015, 09:51:41 AM »
I find his personality annoying like most you. However the players seem to like him. To us Hammer to Rock is silly. The players believed in it.

desco80

« Reply #830 on: March 06, 2015, 10:16:47 AM »
Coach Lavin, good luck with your St. John's team the next five or six years and good luck this year in March Madness!

Congratulations, many awards are still up for grabs, but without a doubt you are the Troll Of The Season.   

Was there a reason to revive this thread?  Of course not.   
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:18:30 AM by desco80 »

hnk

« Reply #831 on: March 06, 2015, 10:24:40 AM »
Desco, we have a honest,  or on my part,  an honest disagreement.  As anyone on this site knows, u  irrationally hate Coach Lavin.  I don't.  I feel sorry for you.  Fortunately, it's never too late to grow up.

I am sorry your hatred of the Coach for whatever reason gets in the way of you enjoying an enjoyable season.  Where you get your sense of entitlement about what you have a right to expect as a fan is a wonder to me.

Please send me my plaque for troll of the year.  And there was a reason: You owe Coach Lavin and his staff an apology.

hnk

« Reply #832 on: March 06, 2015, 10:25:57 AM »
It's good to revisit the lies and distortions.  Just look at the first post on this thread.

« Reply #833 on: March 06, 2015, 10:27:41 AM »
I must've missed something, did Lavin get an extension?

hnk

« Reply #834 on: March 06, 2015, 10:35:10 AM »
You missed lavin resigning as you said on this thread.  You missed Jordan leaving.  You missed diallo going to knetucky and on and on and on....even a broken jock is right twice a day.

« Reply #835 on: March 06, 2015, 10:38:28 AM »
You missed lavin resigning as you said on this thread.  You missed Jordan leaving.  You missed diallo going to knetucky and on and on and on....even a broken jock is right twice a day.

Diallo signed here too?

And Jordan did leave, a few times.

Plenty of time to rehash all of this in the offseason.

hnk

« Reply #836 on: March 06, 2015, 10:41:52 AM »
Rug!!!!!!!!!

hnk

« Reply #837 on: March 06, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »
Baldi:

"Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

« on: March 19, 2014, 06:04:13 PM »

Hearing this is done deal. Time for both parties to move on. Get Massiello on the phone ASAP."

Baldi, just about one year since you misled us.  You will be right...... some day....... he will resign....just not last year and highly unlikely this year......and Diallo is not going to Kentucky as of this moment....and Jordan did not quit the team and....and.....and.

And when desco gives me my award i promise to give it to its rightful owner.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:00:48 AM by hnk »

Tha Kid

« Reply #838 on: March 06, 2015, 10:57:58 AM »
Baldi, if you werent trolling your obvious answer would be that he was gone but saved his ass with a run no one saw coming.  If you were trolling, you'd be defensive.

You sound defensive...want to adjust?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #839 on: March 06, 2015, 11:24:45 AM »
Baldi, if you werent trolling your obvious answer would be that he was gone but saved his ass with a run no one saw coming.  If you were trolling, you'd be defensive.

You sound defensive...want to adjust?

And if I said that, someone would say why is this being discussed now on the verge of our first NCAA tournament in years.  Kids don't deserve this, blah blah, blah.

There is nothing to adjust. There is no contract extension. Lavin has a lot of bridges to mend
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:25:24 AM by Marco Baldi »