Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies

boo3

Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #1120 on: March 26, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »
Bump.

What's Wormer saying today?   One day you will be right....and you will rejoice.. 
Soon

Still think he's getting fired?  How certain, on a scale of 1-10?     How about if he's extended,  you go on a 1 month  break from the Board...  If he gets fired, I'll leave for 6 months....  Deal?

Make it interesting....
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:29:46 PM by boo3 »

hnk

« Reply #1121 on: March 26, 2015, 05:29:59 PM »
I'll throw myself in if Baldi will make it 3 months.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:30:38 PM by hnk »

« Reply #1122 on: March 26, 2015, 05:30:38 PM »
Bump.

What's Wormer saying today?   One day you will be right....and you will rejoice.. 
Soon

Still think he's getting fired?  How certain, on a scale of 1-10?     How about if he's extended,  you go on a 1 week  break from the Board...  If he gets fired, I'll leave for 6 months....  Deal?

Make it interesting....

I'm 99% , but I don't want you to leave.  If he doesn't get fired, I will leave for a week.

« Reply #1123 on: March 26, 2015, 05:31:07 PM »
Guess who is a candidate for the Arizona St. job?

hnk

« Reply #1124 on: March 26, 2015, 05:31:35 PM »
what pray tell makes u 99%?

hnk

« Reply #1125 on: March 26, 2015, 05:32:00 PM »
who?

« Reply #1126 on: March 26, 2015, 05:46:43 PM »
Bump.

Soon

Still think he's getting fired?  How certain, on a scale of 1-10?     How about if he's extended,  you go on a 1 week  break from the Board...  If he gets fired, I'll leave for 6 months....  Deal?

Make it interesting....

I'm 99% , but I don't want you to leave.  If he doesn't get fired, I will leave for a week.
Well, I would lean towards let go if I knew something was happening by tomorrow. Otherwise, this would be water torture to leave it like a hanging chad...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:49:16 PM by bball purist »

redslope

« Reply #1127 on: March 26, 2015, 06:09:18 PM »
between this site and redmen.com for the last 3 days, the internet and social media have been set back10 years as to sources of info and believability.

« Reply #1128 on: March 26, 2015, 07:45:21 PM »
between this site and redmen.com for the last 3 days, the internet and social media have been set back10 years as to sources of info and believability.

I'm not sure what has been (not) said today but think the site has offered a lot of different perspective and healthy discussion. I think some guys reports/opinions carry more/less weight than others. I'm pretty sure people have a good handle on who's reliable and who is not.

I kind of compare this chatter to a loud crowd at Carnesecca. Take that same crowd and put them in MSG it wouldn't be so loud. It's all perspective.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1129 on: March 26, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »

I'm not sure what has been (not) said today but think the site has offered a lot of different perspective and healthy discussion. I think some guys reports/opinions carry more/less weight than others. I'm pretty sure people have a good handle on who's reliable and who is not.

I kind of compare this chatter to a loud crowd at Carnesecca. Take that same crowd and put them in MSG it wouldn't be so loud. It's all perspective.
Keep feeding the DMV - ha ha ha

« Reply #1130 on: March 26, 2015, 08:13:56 PM »
probably just a rumor , but the guy who covers pitt for rivals tweeted this

Matthew Steinbrink ‏@MattSteinbrink  3h3 hours ago
@jmattera83 Lavin is out. We will see.
3 retweets 2 favorites
Reply  Retweet3  Favorite2
 his origional tweet said there is another major opening tomorrow referring to SJU, and he thinks they are working to secure B Hurley

Hope it's true. Bring in dad to be an assistant coach. The new president could mean new life at St.John's.

Imagine Dad would come only if he's otherwise going to retire - he alone is keeping St. Anthony's open isn't he?

If he retires the school will close. It is why he has never left. I did some charity work there last year and its truly an amazing place. Help a lot of kids escape from falling through the cracks.
gotta lot of respect for that

« Reply #1131 on: March 26, 2015, 08:25:39 PM »
There is some credibility to the reports that Coach Lavin and SJU could part ways tomorrow.  I can tell you I have this from people I respect.

We'll see.

« Reply #1132 on: March 26, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
There is some credibility to the reports that Coach Lavin and SJU could part ways tomorrow.  I can tell you I have this from people I respect.

We'll see.

Wow. My opinion all along has been that Lavin would stay at sju.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #1133 on: March 26, 2015, 08:41:39 PM »
Lavin was with Diallo today , fwiw. 

« Reply #1134 on: March 26, 2015, 08:42:46 PM »
Let me be fair I have also heard "don't believe the BS about the extension talk being nothing but propaganda from Lavin camp.  It is real and it should be completed soon."  In other words he is staying and the people who are dismissing it don't know anything..

Both of these reports are from credible people...

« Reply #1135 on: March 26, 2015, 08:44:45 PM »
Let me be fair I have also heard "don't believe the BS about the extension talk being nothing but propaganda from Lavin camp.  It is real and it should be completed soon."  In other words he is staying and the people who are dismissing it don't know anything..

Both of these reports are from credible people...
it's crazy how much different info credible people are hearing

« Reply #1136 on: March 26, 2015, 08:45:12 PM »
Lavin was with Diallo today , fwiw. 

confirmed?

« Reply #1137 on: March 26, 2015, 08:46:09 PM »
Had St. John's said anything I this whole process?

« Reply #1138 on: March 26, 2015, 08:46:28 PM »
probably just a rumor , but the guy who covers pitt for rivals tweeted this

Matthew Steinbrink ‏@MattSteinbrink  3h3 hours ago
@jmattera83 Lavin is out. We will see.
3 retweets 2 favorites
Reply  Retweet3  Favorite2
 his origional tweet said there is another major opening tomorrow referring to SJU, and he thinks they are working to secure B Hurley

Hope it's true. Bring in dad to be an assistant coach. The new president could mean new life at St.John's.

Imagine Dad would come only if he's otherwise going to retire - he alone is keeping St. Anthony's open isn't he?

If he retires the school will close. It is why he has never left. I did some charity work there last year and its truly an amazing place. Help a lot of kids escape from falling through the cracks.
gotta lot of respect for that
Check out Hurley Sr's Induction speech to Naismith Hall of Fame. I teared up two or three times, laughed 10 or more. What a great guy. He's a former probation officer (or still is), right?

https://youtu.be/h1P2m_xtaVI
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:47:48 PM by bball purist »

SJUFAN

« Reply #1139 on: March 26, 2015, 08:46:50 PM »

We'll see.

Wow. My opinion all along has been that Lavin would stay at sju.

Its a game of chicken. There is mutual interest. If a deal cant be reached then there is the threat of parties going their separate ways. I still think they get a deal done.