Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies

SJUFAN

Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #1160 on: March 29, 2015, 12:47:38 AM »
Baldi was right.  I talked to him on Twitter when Zach B reported 3 yr extension & he stuck to his guns and told me St John's, if they were making an offer, were lowballing so they could "mutually part ways."  He pegged it, as did @Sjuredmen, who said the same thing.  Those guys have good sources and also know basketball & know the program.

How can you say they were "lowballing" if an offer was never made?

« Reply #1161 on: March 29, 2015, 12:54:04 AM »
Baldi was right.  I talked to him on Twitter when Zach B reported 3 yr extension & he stuck to his guns and told me St John's, if they were making an offer, were lowballing so they could "mutually part ways."  He pegged it, as did @Sjuredmen, who said the same thing.  Those guys have good sources and also know basketball & know the program.

This is a good one...

« Reply #1162 on: March 29, 2015, 12:58:14 AM »
Linda?
No, she's @billionairecrackwhore on Twitter

TONYD3

« Reply #1163 on: March 29, 2015, 01:09:28 AM »
Then who is Francois, if I made up a person I would be a Duke fan.

« Reply #1164 on: March 29, 2015, 01:36:48 AM »
Lavin will have a good shot at getting ASU job. 1 of 4 finalists.

If he doesn't get that and the job is still open I could see him going after DePaul. That would be a juicier story line.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1165 on: March 29, 2015, 01:50:06 AM »
Well, they can elaborate, but apparently being the actual name of Voltaire allows them to be a critic of the Catholic Church, or in this case, St. John's.  Perhaps they can elaborate on their handle choice.

Chilleb

« Reply #1166 on: March 29, 2015, 08:46:50 AM »
Arizona st

« Reply #1167 on: March 29, 2015, 02:04:02 PM »
Well, they can elaborate, but apparently being the actual name of Voltaire allows them to be a critic of the Catholic Church, or in this case, St. John's.  Perhaps they can elaborate on their handle choice.

Purist, you seem like a Lavin Lover.  It's interesting how people get hung up on internet names, like I would use my real name. Francois Arouet, I see some "clever" one realized was Voltaire's name. Voltaire was an opponent of the church, but moreso, he championed free speech & had the courage to satire established powers. I hate the church, but being critical of the church is no fun, too easy. I love St. John's, like I love the NYR, NYK etc.

Now on Baldi & @Sjuredmen: If large outlets are reporting an extension, & Baldi & Sjuredmen say, "this is a ploy to divorce from coach" then who is more right? Them or Zach B & the Sporting News?  Ppl wanna go over twitter DM's like it's the Zapruder film, LOL.

Let's say they had no sources.  Then they were still right.  Let's say they had sources.  Then they were pretty close with that.  It's not, ooh, an offer was never made...Baldi must be an idiot, not EVERYTHING he said came out 100%,  only 98%, only better than Roger Rubin, Zach Braziller, the NYT, ESPN, Andy Katz, etc.

AND Steve Lavin, ever the politico, spinning til the end how "happy" everyone was with him.

« Reply #1168 on: March 29, 2015, 02:06:24 PM »

Purist, you seem like a Lavin Lover.  It's interesting how people get hung up on internet names, like I would use my real name. Francois Arouet, I see some "clever" one realized was Voltaire's name. Voltaire was an opponent of the church, but moreso, he championed free speech & had the courage to satire established powers. I hate the church, but being critical of the church is no fun, too easy. I love St. John's, like I love the NYR, NYK etc.

Now on Baldi & @Sjuredmen: If large outlets are reporting an extension, & Baldi & Sjuredmen say, "this is a ploy to divorce from coach" then who is more right? Them or Zach B & the Sporting News?  Ppl wanna go over twitter DM's like it's the Zapruder film, LOL.

Let's say they had no sources.  Then they were still right.  Let's say they had sources.  Then they were pretty close with that.  It's not, ooh, an offer was never made...Baldi must be an idiot, not EVERYTHING he said came out 100%,  only 98%, only better than Roger Rubin, Zach Braziller, the NYT, ESPN, Andy Katz, etc.

AND Steve Lavin, ever the politico, spinning til the end how "happy" everyone was with him.

Huh?

TONYD3

« Reply #1169 on: March 29, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »
My name is Anthony. My last name begins with D. I have no problem giving my real name to except to people like Francis,

« Reply #1170 on: March 29, 2015, 08:08:44 PM »
Francois Arouet, I see some "clever" one realized was Voltaire's name. Voltaire was an opponent of the church, but moreso, he championed free speech & had the courage to satire established powers.

Read "Candide".  It's awesome.