April Live Period - (4/25-4/27)

• 56 replies
April Live Period - (4/25-4/27)
« on: April 14, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »
It's almost that time again.

NIKE EYBL Session 1 - (Sacramento, CA)
UA Pitt Jam Fest - (Pitt, PA)

I'm assuming there's another few elsewhere as well.

Team SCAN (Diallo), Lightning (Govan), and NJ Playaz (Briscoe) will all be out in CA that weekend.
The City (D.Mitchell) will be in Pitt with UA.

I will update this if I hear anything further.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:49:20 PM by jmattera83 »

Re: April Live Period - (4/25-4/27)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »
It's almost that time again.

NIKE EYBL Session 1 - (Sacramento, CA)
UA Pitt Jam Fest - (Pitt, PA)

I'm assuming there's another few elsewhere as well.

Team SCAN (Diallo), Lightning (Govan), and NJ Playaz (Briscoe) will all be out in CA that weekend.
The City (D.Mitchell) will be in Pitt with UA.

I will update this if I hear anything further.

Lot of anger among coaches that they reduced the April Evaluation weekends from 2 to 1 this year.

Believe it or not I think it was just because of where Easter fell on the calendar this year.  Next weekend is Easter nullifying it as a recruiting weekend.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 03:41:26 PM »
Found a list:

April 25-27 (Open to College Coaches)
•Nike EYBL Session #1 (Sacramento, Calif.)
•Adidas Gauntlet #1 (Dallas)
•UA Pittsburgh Jam Fest (Pittsburgh)
•UA Jayhawk Invitational (Olathe, Kan.)
•Gulf Coast Hoop Fest (Biloxi, Miss.)
•Pangos Spring Spectacular (Las Vegas)
•Kingwood Classic (Spring, Tx.)
•Las Vegas Tip Off Classic (Las Vegas)
•Southern Exposure Showcase (North Augusta, S.C.)
•Adidas Spring Classic (Indianapolis)

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:45:45 PM »
Found a list:

April 25-27 (Open to College Coaches)
•Nike EYBL Session #1 (Sacramento, Calif.)
•Adidas Gauntlet #1 (Dallas)
•UA Pittsburgh Jam Fest (Pittsburgh)
•UA Jayhawk Invitational (Olathe, Kan.)
•Gulf Coast Hoop Fest (Biloxi, Miss.)
•Pangos Spring Spectacular (Las Vegas)
•Kingwood Classic (Spring, Tx.)
•Las Vegas Tip Off Classic (Las Vegas)
•Southern Exposure Showcase (North Augusta, S.C.)
•Adidas Spring Classic (Indianapolis)

Jeff Borzello does a good breakdown of both the April and July Evaluation periods:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24526605/springsummer-aau-and-camp-schedule

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:46:25 AM by fordham96 »

paultzman

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 12:45:59 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: St. John's coaches will be in Sacramento and Dallas for this weekend's live period, per source. #sjubb

I believe Pitt also.

desco80

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 12:59:25 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: St. John's coaches will be in Sacramento and Dallas for this weekend's live period, per source. #sjubb

I believe Pitt also.

I wager that this year we hear about it every time someone on the staff leaves their living room to watch a recruit.

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 01:08:33 PM »

I believe Pitt also.

No restrictions anymore on number of coaches on the road at one time.

All 4 (HC and 3 assistants) can be on the road.

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 01:27:15 PM »
Will definitely have someone in Pitt.

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »
Lets see if our head coach is  on the road for April live period this year
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

paultzman

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 07:08:56 PM »

Cali I would expect to see Scan guys and others.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:12:42 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 10:28:38 PM »

Stop whining the guy knows how to recruit:

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello  · 19m 
Team Scan (Diallo, Tyus Battle) vs. CIA Bounce (Gill-Caesar, Jamal Murray).
Lavin, Hoiberg, Mich St, KU, Miami, Minn, UCONN, VT, Bama, etc.

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 10:56:04 AM »

He wasn't on the road for April Live Period last year.  He was at home in SoHo.  We lost out on Chris McCullough and Isiah Whitehead because we didn't recruit them hard enough. 

Glad he's out and about this year.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:59:28 AM by TRabinowitz »
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 11:13:02 AM »

He wasn't on the road for April Live Period last year.  He was at home in SoHo.  We lost out on Chris McCullough and Isiah Whitehead because we didn't recruit them hard enough. 

False.  That is not why we lost them.  If you think for a moment that because Coach was not at an AAU game is why McCullough and Whitehead did not come to SJU you are simply wrong.  Whitehead was not a target at that point.  And by the way go check Willard's travel records during April, yet he landed him?  How?  The dispute over Whitehead has more to do with why SJU did not make him a bigger target last Spring.  That is a legit question  But Lavin is not lazy, period.

Jim Boeheim took off an entire July and April and still landed kids.  Fran Dunphy did everything but move in with Rysheed's family and he did not land him.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:22:51 AM by fordham96 »

Poison

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 11:34:48 AM »

False.  That is not why we lost them.  If you think for a moment that because Coach was not at an AAU game is why McCullough and Whitehead did not come to SJU you are simply wrong.  Whitehead was not a target at that point.  And by the way go check Willard's travel records during April, yet he landed him?  How?  The dispute over Whitehead has more to do with why SJU did not make him a bigger target last Spring.  That is a legit question  But Lavin is not lazy, period.

Jim Boeheim took off an entire July and April and still landed kids.  Fran Dunphy did everything but move in with Rysheed's family and he did not land him.

Boeheim can do that. Plus, he's on national TV, because he's a coach who can help us win a gold medal.

That kind of publicity helps a coach recruit. Look at the players he's landed since taking on that job. I'd love to see us finally get them next year, but who knows what kind of team they'll have next year? Still, you can bet that Boeheim will have a new and capable point guard, and a swingman. Will we replace what we've lost? Jakarr? It doesn't look like we'll come close to doing that.

What has Lavin been doing? Recruiting a kid who chose Loyola Chicago over us? That scenario sounds eerily familiar. Why did he wait so long before actively recruiting anyone? Seems like he's scrambling for whatever's left. Also, familiar.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:35:48 AM by Poison »

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 12:59:17 PM »

Boeheim can do that. Plus, he's on national TV, because he's a coach who can help us win a gold medal.

That kind of publicity helps a coach recruit. Look at the players he's landed since taking on that job. I'd love to see us finally get them next year, but who knows what kind of team they'll have next year? Still, you can bet that Boeheim will have a new and capable point guard, and a swingman. Will we replace what we've lost? Jakarr? It doesn't look like we'll come close to doing that.

What has Lavin been doing? Recruiting a kid who chose Loyola Chicago over us? That scenario sounds eerily familiar. Why did he wait so long before actively recruiting anyone? Seems like he's scrambling for whatever's left. Also, familiar.

Don't give me that nonsense that Boeheim can do it but Lavin can't.

That has nothing to do with it, it is a complete copout.  Coaches approach things differently and different times need to do different things.

You can't argue kids like to see love but when it involves a big name coach they don't care.  Bill Self is all over the place but Boeheim isn't.  So what?

You simply don't  understand and see certain things happen and then draw ridiculous conclusions based on this and assert these as facts.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:02:22 PM by fordham96 »

paultzman

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 02:55:32 PM »
@AdamZagoria: @SJUCoachLavin  is in Sacramento watching @JGovan15 , @_IsaiahBriscoe and @cheick_diallo13

boo3

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 03:18:02 PM »
Lazy bastard!   ;)