drama is finally over

• 165 replies
Re: drama is finally over
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 08:34:09 AM »
It is so nice to check in and read positive post.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 08:45:55 AM »
It is so nice to check in and read positive post.

Where?

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 09:11:52 AM »
Forever Young are you Baldi's cousin? aka Stir the Pot Jr.?

Bizarro Baldi.  His scoups are only positive. 

How soon you forget. That was Baldi's gimmick during Norm years. "Kid is coming". Lance, Syl, Kevin Durant, they were all coming. Difference with this is no matter how bad a game coach Lavin is I would never be surprised if anyone came here.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:42:17 AM by we are sju »

derk

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 09:40:06 AM »
I joined this forum last year to discuss, share, and most importantly enjoy SJUBB.  Didn't expect to have my attorney on stand by :)
Some of you here are more silly than my kids.

Any speculation that there could be any "punishment" involved to prevent the nonsense that occurred last year. Might be something benign like having his teammates vote on allowing him back. Considering he hasn't yet met with Coach, what caused his leaving, and what has happened to change his mind. Sounds very strange to me.

Foad

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 09:51:38 AM »
Any speculation that there could be any "punishment" involved to prevent the nonsense that occurred last year. Might be something benign like having his teammates vote on allowing him back.

He should first be made to watch videos of himself shooting free throws while wearing a hair shirt and then afterwards to write "I will not grin like an imbecile every time I am called for a foul" 100 times on Lavin's white board, lord knows Lavin has no use for it.

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 10:02:13 AM »
Haha great post

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 10:41:56 AM »
Lavin should be punished too. Since when did college basketball coach become a no show job?

boo3

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 10:43:03 AM »
 the drama of ST. John's hoops never ends.. we should all know and accept that by now.

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 10:50:16 AM »
It appears Lavin will probably have a solid nucleus to work with. Let's see what he achieves with that. Go Johnnies!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:50:51 AM by paultzman »

desco80

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 11:22:45 AM »
Lavin is still the coach, so the drama will continue.   That is an unfortunate fact we will have to deal with for as long as he's here.

With that said, Paultz is right on the money.  There are some quality pieces in place, and it sounds like we are on the verge of adding other players to fill key roles.   All in all things could be worse from a personnel standpoint.   

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 11:49:20 AM »
It appears Lavin will probably have a solid nucleus to work with. Let's see what he achieves with that. Go Johnnies!

Honestly for Lavin's sake was hoping for a 8 man rotation. Does anyone really want to go through revolving rotations, "Just wait until February" nonsense again?

paultzman

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 11:51:54 AM »

Honestly for Lavin's sake was hoping for a 8 man rotation. Does anyone really want to go through revolving rotations, "Just wait until February" nonsense again?

Nope

Marillac

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 11:52:38 AM »
Lavin should be punished too. Since when did college basketball coach become a no show job?

It's one thing for you to repeatedly post your baseless rumors, but to then ask for someone to be punished because of a rumor is over the line.

How would you feel if someone spread a rumor that you didn't show up for schedule shifts or assignments and then later e-mailed everyone that you should be punished without any evidence? 

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 11:54:54 AM »

It's one thing for you to repeatedly post your baseless rumors, but to then ask for someone to be punished because of a rumor is over the line.

How would you feel if someone spread a rumor that you didn't show up for schedule shifts or assignments and then later e-mailed everyone that you should be punished without any evidence? 

If you are going to "punish" Bluto please make sure you agree on a safe word beforehand

Foad

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2014, 11:59:25 AM »

If you are going to "punish" Bluto please make sure you agree on a safe word beforehand

If Marillac = Gimp does that make Baldi butch? #PulpFriction #ResortingToHashtagsForCheapLaughs

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2014, 12:02:18 PM »

If Marillac = Gimp does that make Baldi butch? #PulpFriction #ResortingToHashtagsForCheapLaughs
Marillac would be Zed and Bluto the Gimp as he is being punished, at least that is how I would interpret it 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:04:38 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2014, 05:25:11 PM »

I get fired if I don't show up

But hey, if there is no boss, I probably wouldn't show up either. School hires a president , Lavin decides to start recruiting
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 05:27:08 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2014, 05:31:23 PM »

But hey, if there is no boss, I probably wouldn't show up either. School hires a president , Lavin decides to start recruiting
Is there truly anybody who knows what transpired in the NIT pre-game?  I heard the refs were looking for Lavs too - they could even say hi when they stopped by...

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 05:55:44 PM »

Is there truly anybody who knows what transpired in the NIT pre-game?  I heard the refs were looking for Lavs too - they could even say hi when they stopped by...

Refs were looking for Lavin before the game? Funny thing is, so were the players
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 05:56:54 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2014, 06:32:27 PM »
Come on guys.  This is really getting out of hand.