drama is finally over

• 165 replies
Re: drama is finally over
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »
Lavin should be punished too. Since when did college basketball coach become a no show job?

It's one thing for you to repeatedly post your baseless rumors, but to then ask for someone to be punished because of a rumor is over the line.

How would you feel if someone spread a rumor that you didn't show up for schedule shifts or assignments and then later e-mailed everyone that you should be punished without any evidence? 

I get fired if I don't show up

But hey, if there is no boss, I probably wouldn't show up either. School hires a president , Lavin decides to start recruiting
Is there truly anybody who knows what transpired in the NIT pre-game?  I heard the refs were looking for Lavs too - they could even say hi when they stopped by...

Refs were looking for Lavin before the game? Funny thing is, so were the players
Baldi, you out of all people should know I was joking...the refs do arrive a few hours b4 game time - that is accurate.

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2014, 06:54:38 PM »
Lavin should be punished too. Since when did college basketball coach become a no show job?

It's one thing for you to repeatedly post your baseless rumors, but to then ask for someone to be punished because of a rumor is over the line.

How would you feel if someone spread a rumor that you didn't show up for schedule shifts or assignments and then later e-mailed everyone that you should be punished without any evidence? 

But hey, if there is no boss, I probably wouldn't show up either. School hires a president , Lavin decides to start recruiting
Is there truly anybody who knows what transpired in the NIT pre-game?  I heard the refs were looking for Lavs too - they could even say hi when they stopped by...

Refs were looking for Lavin before the game? Funny thing is, so were the players
Baldi, you out of all people should know I was joking...the refs do arrive a few hours b4 game time - that is accurate.

The refs for sure

redslope

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 07:40:54 PM »
It is so nice to check in and read positive post.

Where?
Just skip any post by Baldi;)

desco80

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »
Come on guys.  This is really getting out of hand.

I know.  Our coach should have enough respect for his job and the university to at least put in a full day of work.   

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2014, 03:34:11 AM »
Come on guys.  This is really getting out of hand.

I know.  Our coach should have enough respect for his job and the university to at least put in a full day of work.

i've tried to wade through the last few pages of this thread and understand what you guys are saying. Still struggling.

Would love to get a breakdown of what people are hearing about Lavin and the Prov/NIT games

hnk

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2014, 08:21:35 AM »
Baldi  (I think it was him) started a rumor that he supposedly overheard in a Mineola restaurant from a guy who supposedly looked like one of our assistant coaches that Coach Lavin did not show up at halftime of the Providence game and kids were just told to do what they do.

Other posters supposedly believe Baldi's story.

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2014, 08:25:17 AM »
What's so hard to believe?

Foad

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2014, 09:06:11 AM »

It's hard to believe that Steve Lavin skipped the opportunity to give the sort of rousing halftime speech that Steve Lavin credits Steve Lavin with having given to turn the season around at halftime of the Georgetown game.

It's hard to believe that no one saw Steve Lavin wandering around Madison Square Garden at halftime, if as you suggest he was not in the locker room.

It's hard to believe that Steve Lavin's assistant coaches were discussing his alleged absence from the locker room in loud voices in a public bar. It's hard to believe a poster purportedly as connected as you cannot identify Tony Chiles by sight. If Tony Chiles were in a bar discussing the alleged absence it's hard to believe that you just happened to be there to hear them.

Other than that it's entirely plausible.

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2014, 10:02:09 AM »
Another thing I find hard to believe is that Lavin actually gave some direction pre Rob Morris game.

Maybe he's a worse coach than originally thought. I would rather hope he went to beauty salon at half
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:02:46 AM by Marco Baldi »

hnk

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2014, 10:08:55 AM »
Baldi, find another sucker, i don't choose to play your games, but I am going to hate traipsing down to Phillie next year to watch Jordan

Coach Lavin missed halftime because he had a meeting w me to discuss his contract extension.  No one can possibly blame him for that.  It was my only free time.....free in the sense that I was available.  Sorry, gotta go negotiate.

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2014, 10:09:47 AM »
West Canan won their District tile w/o a coach as Bud Kilmer left at halftime and Injured QB Paul Walker led them to a title.

Norman Dale got throwm out of a game and Drunken Dennis Hopper ran the picket fence for someone other than Hickory's best player and they still won.

Clearly Lavin's assistants suck as they could not do what a Gimpy Paul Walker and drunken Dennis Hopper could.

Time to fire the assistants!!!!!

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2014, 10:19:14 AM »
West Canan won their District tile w/o a coach as Bud Kilmer left at halftime and Injured QB Paul Walker led them to a title.

Norman Dale got throwm out of a game and Drunken Dennis Hopper ran the picket fence for someone other than Hickory's best player and they still won.

Clearly Lavin's assistants suck as they could not do what a Gimpy Paul Walker and drunken Dennis Hopper could.

Time to fire the assistants!!!!!

It only took Walker ONE take to win District, what's up the SJU staff...Geez!
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2014, 03:41:32 PM »
\

The source obviously.  ;)

Marillac

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2014, 03:43:16 PM »

Too late...Baldi has already spread the rumor to four guys.  Ironically, the same rumor will get back to Baldi in a week and then be set as fact in his mind forever.

J Van

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2014, 04:49:39 PM »
There is a fine line between Rumour and Truth.  There sure is a lot of drama.  I thought it was over.

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2014, 05:00:24 PM »
lol 
I love how this thread goes from the original poster stating that CO is 100% back, to back to Lavin.
This couldn`t stay on the "Thanks coach Lavin, good luck" thread?

2 questions I have is:
Someone (not Baldi) stated Lavin was gonna be fired this week, guess he didn`t know what he was talking about either.
And didn`t Lavin and CO  have a meeting this week? I know Forever said he`s 100% back but why no official word from Lavin himself or atleast SJU?  These guys just crack me up.

After this week I`m done being concerned about sju, I come on hoping to see news and it`s the same ole thing.
Going to enjoy the spring and summer, and if Lavin is fired (which I believe if to be the case, that it would have happened by now.) CO stays or goes, and we get any of these transfers then I`ll find out after the summer.
Just getting sick of bs rumors.

boo3

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2014, 05:02:10 PM »

Damn Son, you just got taken to the cleaners on this page.  You are slipping pal. 

Time to track down Wormer again, he was more reliable.

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »
Too bad you  guys won't know the truth  as to what happenned during those last 2 games. I will say this, it's worse than what I posted. It's a shame, I wish other guys would post their scoop

boo3

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2014, 05:12:58 PM »
 Not sure you keep harping on the Robert Morris game?  No one... Players, coaches, or fans gave a shit.   I think you are the only one that did. 

Providence game.. Came out flat in 2nd half and then had a ferocious comeback... Something happened positive there.  Then, the Obekpa situation, where he acted like a child and didn't go in.   

End of story, end of season, lets move along.

bk8664

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2014, 05:14:30 PM »
Too bad you  guys won't know the truth  as to what happenned during those last 2 games. I will say this, it's worse than what I posted. It's a shame, I wish other guys would post their scoop

Dude, there is a reason no one believes what you post.  If you can get about three juicy things correct in a row and you'll get your street cred back.  Unfortunately until then, your posts will be passes.