USF Big man Egbunu

• 3 replies
USF Big man Egbunu
« on: April 23, 2014, 01:59:57 PM »
Just announced in Tampa that John Ebignu, 6'10" 245lb, Nigerian born, freshman  center for the Univ. of S. Florida is leaving in the wake of the firing of 10 year coach ,Stan heath.
he would be a good get for SJU if he is not already gone. They say he has not made plans..
John is a 7.2 points, 6.2 rebound starter with a 40 inch bounce. He touches the top rim   of the back board. He was on the AAC all rookie team and cannot go to any team in that conference..
He is one of 5 to leave after the firing.
No doubt, one of our staff knows of this but I want to drop a dime but  I could not raise anyone by phone at SJU. Perhaps one of you has a cell phone # and could make the call to make certain we are aware.  He's a player around the rim. 55 of his 89 baskets were dunks..

DFF6

Re: USF Big man Egbunu
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 02:04:14 PM »
Just announced in Tampa that John Ebignu, 6'10" 245lb, Nigerian born, freshman  center for the Univ. of S. Florida is leaving in the wake of the firing of 10 year coach ,Stan heath.
he would be a good get for SJU if he is not already gone. They say he has not made plans..
John is a 7.2 points, 6.2 rebound starter with a 40 inch bounce. He touches the top rim   of the back board. He was on the AAC all rookie team and cannot go to any team in that conference..
He is one of 5 to leave after the firing.
No doubt, one of our staff knows of this but I want to drop a dime but  I could not raise anyone by phone at SJU. Perhaps one of you has a cell phone # and could make the call to make certain we are aware.  He's a player around the rim. 55 of his 89 baskets were dunks..

You had me at 6'10, 245lb. Sign him up!

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 09:53:14 AM »
Per the USF beat writer:

"2 potential destinations for Egbunu: Georgetown & #VaTech, where former USF assistant Steve Roccaforte has landed."

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:41:13 AM »
I was gong to say this guy has G'town written all over him.  I hope Buzz doesn't get him...I want him to suffer.